Your favorite live action shows as a kid

Discussion in 'Music, Movies & Media' started by Lloyd, Dec 6, 2011.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. Lloyd

Lloyd
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Since we probably all loved the same cartoons as a kid around the globe, that's not so interesting to me.

But what about non-cartoon shows? What were your favorites as a kid (and I mean kid, like when you were 6-12 years old)? Ideally accompany your post with a video (of the intro, for instance).

After my parents divorced when I was 2 years old, I lived with my dad who didn't have a TV until he remarried and his 2nd wife brought one into the house. That was when I was 7. I quickly developed a liking for cheesy action series, those that my parents would let me watch anyway.

An instant favorite of mine when it came out in 1998 (when I was 8) was Medicopter 117:

It was a cheese-fest of an action-drama about the crew of an air rescue service, featuring some of the most improbable storylines ever (like stolen vans full of nitroglycerine). But it had a cool helicopter and explosions and car chases and as a kid I loved it. The stuntwork was surprisingly decent for a German production though IIRC.

My other love was Power Rangers. I mean, what kid DIDN'T love Power Rangers? I never had that many toys (I always wanted Lego stuff), but I watched the series whenever it was on.

I didn't like it quite as much as Medicopter, though, because somehow its "real life" action always was a little more exciting to me.

So, what were your favorite live-action series as a kid?

2. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Eerie Indiana.

3. Lloyd

Lloyd
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I didn't watch that until I was like 16, but even then it was fun. Shame they only made one season and then axed it.

4. endsenten

endsenten
    Expand Collapse
    Knows where you sleep

5. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

They tried to make a spin-off of it, but the stories weren't interesting, and the atmosphere wasn't as moody and mysterious of the original series.

6. Lloyd

Lloyd
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I remember my parents wouldn't let me watch Sledge Hammer, because they thought it was too violent. Apparently they thought Medicopter 117 was fine though, because all the horrific accidents were just well, accidents.

7. Sublime

Sublime
    Expand Collapse
    Everyone's Favorite Evil Bitch

Faggot Police
    Yeah, it was Power Rangers for me. There was another show we watched, similar to Power Rangers, except there were only two guys and a girl, and the only reason I remember it was because we had a figure of one of them ("Ryan" sticks in my mind). Of course, when we played with it we imagined him as other things, but that's the way of kids. If I could remember the name of the show I'd post an intro video, but I don't. Ah well.

8. endsenten

endsenten
    Expand Collapse
    Knows where you sleep

Oh I just remembered this, when it was broadcasted on Fox Kids (I wasn't a child anymore but it was amusing):

My mother loved Sledge Hammer; luckily she didn't seem to find it inappropriate for children so I watched it with her.
    Now this I got it forbidden to watch after not being able to sleep one day:

9. Lloyd

Lloyd
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Ooh, completely forgot about the Goosebumps show. I watched it when was re-run here sometime around 2002. Compared to the books it was tame though (and the books were only that good because as a kid you didn't realize R.L. Stine just ripped the plotlines off horror movies most of the time).

I don't know if Twilight Zone ever ran on any channel here, I only heard of it when I started being on the internet. Never watched it, is it really that scary (to a kid at least)?

10. endsenten

endsenten
    Expand Collapse
    Knows where you sleep

Quite. At least this fucked me up at the time (I was around 7-8):

(There's a ton of them in this channel if you want to check it out)

11. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Speaking of horror anthologies, I enjoyed that Tales from the Crypt series that broadcasted in the 90's.

Most of the episodes weren't really scary but they were fun.

12. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Probably the first I remember:

Legendary signature tune, btw

13. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    Probably my favorite growing up.

Goddamn I am old.

I also liked the live action Spiderman, and the old Hulk show with Lou Ferrigno.

14. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    yeah, that was hilarious

Do you remenber this?

[​IMG]

It was pretty funny too

btw, how old are you, mate?

15. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    I remember it being on, but I never watched it. Condorman, which seemed to be based on it (same lead actor IIRC), is still one of my favorite movies.

16. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    I'll check Condorman

I though you'd have around that, at least, if you can remember things from 84

17. TheForRealDeal

TheForRealDeal
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Highlander, Star Trek and TNG, X-Files, M*A*S*H, Batman, Hunter