Women aren't getting paid as much as men on average, apparently.

Discussion in 'Religion & Politics' started by Baya Rae 4900, Sep 2, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
  1. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    If the average output between male and female employees is the same then employers would prefer female employees over male employers thus raising the demand for them thus increasing competition for their contracts thus increasing their salaries. By that I can conclude that the average output between male and female employees isn't the same. You can roughly see how much less output female employees have on average by looking at how much they're roughly getting paid less on average. Roughly 20% less pay on average means roughly 20% less output on average.

2. SawMuchDed

SawMuchDed
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

They are trying to gets revenge on us for all the bawwfests we've caused over our rights.

3. LYNX

LYNX
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

That...makes sense.

4. LiquidSnake

LiquidSnake
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Where are you getting the idea that employers prefer female employers even if their output is exactly the same as males, making them just as desirable as males? Because they have boobs? Because they cost less even though they produce less, meaning you would have to hire more females? And when females are getting less money, causing them to produce less, then isn't that a fault of pay and not sex? So logically if they are paid the same as men, then they would produce the same as men. So why wouldn't employers pay them the same? Because they are cheaper, even if they produce less, making them equal on some level to someone who produces a lot but is more expensive?

What the fuck are you trying to get at here?

5. LYNX

LYNX
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

He is not saying that, otherwise there would be no difference in average wages. If male and female average outputs were the same, then the average wage of females would likely approach that of males. Since this wage gap persists, though, it may be due to differences in average output.

6. LiquidSnake

LiquidSnake
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

... or sexism? He's assuming a fucking lot with this to the point of making things up. He kind of needs, you know, proof to prove his point.

7. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder
    Expand Collapse
    Likeicares Bitch

GBP Management Assistant
    They get pregnant all the time and are incredibly moody, women will always be a liability.

8. LYNX

LYNX
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

I agree with you that sexism is still a possibility. Certain employers may prefer to hire men in certain occupations simply because they are men. If outputs between sexes are equal, then the difference in wages would reflect the cost of discrimination to employers (how much they are willing to pay to discriminate). Over time, one might expect employers to be less willing to pay for this, sacrificing discrimination for competitiveness. However, the gender wage gap still exists, which may be partially explained by differences in output.

9. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    The Member Formerly Known As Baya Rae 4900 using facts? Pffff what the fuck do you know nigger about arguing on the internet?

10. Whatever

Whatever
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Existing
    You don't see how this idea is sexist garbage?
    This is basically saying "Women make 20 percent less than men because it's obvious that they're 20 percent lazier than men. It's science."
    No.

From the United States Department of Labor.
    http://social.dol.gov/blog/myth-busting-the-pay-gap/

11. molb*

molb*
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Bulbous
    That only accounts for monetary compensation. Most women also get paid in dick.

12. LYNX

LYNX
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Education and experience are useful proxy measures, but you cannot equate qualifications with productivity.

13. Whatever

Whatever
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Existing
    The main point of this is that discrimination is the main factor in pay difference, productivity being irrelevant.

Also, if you actually have any real evidence that it's women inherent laziness that makes them deserve a lesser pay, then I'd like to see it.

Until then, this is nothing more than a bullshit theory that has no real weight to it.

14. LYNX

LYNX
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Wage rates are directly related to productivity in a competitive labor market.

15. BizarrePsycho

BizarrePsycho
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Livin' in a Gangsta's Paradise
    Not always. I would base wages on whoever had the biggest tits (Regardless of gender, of course).

16. Whatever

Whatever
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Existing
    On an individual level, yes.
    But we're talking about why an entire group of people gets paid less, and the research states that the most likely reason is discrimination.

Also, I would still like to see your evidence that shows women are less productive than men.

17. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    They get periods.

They spit out babies (and get paid maternity leave, and their fucking position held for them for 2 years).

They are fucking bitches to each other, which decreases overall productivity.

They can't lift heavy things.

But their toilets always smell better than the male ones.

My opinion is admissible in court as evidence.

18. Whatever

Whatever
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Existing
    Man, I could try to find a thousand scientific studies, but I can't deny it, my argument is now in shambles.

I should have realized that a random opinion on the internet will trump a professional study any day of the week.

No internet court is going to accept evidence that is based on proven facts. I was a fool.

19. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    INORITE????

You have taken a step down the path of wisdom.

20. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    Due to the bawfest it created, one can only conclude that OP is correct.

21. umkemesik

umkemesik
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Internet Stalker
    Home Page:
    The so-called "wage gap" is a myth perpetrated by those without the ability to engage in deductive logic.

Since women take off work for a variety of reasons (i.e. preggers) you would have to compare time on the job and each type of job being performed. Obviously there are more male surgeons and pilots so comparing those career fields against the average salary of a waitress is not fair.

In reality the pay gap is non-existent when comparing apples to apples:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505125_162-28246928/the-gender-pay-gap-is-a-complete-myth/

This is a counter argument by the feminist in the Labor Department:

http://social.dol.gov/blog/myth-busting-the-pay-gap/

22. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    I'm sorry but are you, Rice, really belittling somebody for not using facts? You describe your ideology as space fascism and believe in magic.

I think you need to reread what I wrote, assuming you read it in the first place:

Specifically that part I outlined. If women purposely have less output, regardless of their supposed reasons, then they'll get paid less. If they truly do "the same work as men" as they claim then they'd be getting the same pay.

23. Whatever

Whatever
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Existing
    No, they would not. This isn't an issue that is grounded in purely economic reasons. This is more a social issue than anything.

Employers, like all people, can be sexist.
    They can choose to pay women less out of conscious or unconscious biases against women.

This is the reason why the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Act was passed in America. So that women have a better chance to obtain compensation for the lost money if their employers have paid them less for the same amount of work.
    The reason this issue exists isn't because women are somehow lazier than men.

24. Scorch

Scorch
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Whistle-dick
    Coming from someone who self-victimizes by rambling on about his "tribe" being oppressed by the evil American Empire, that's a real slam. Especially when you don't specify what your "tribe" is.

25. Zaichata

Zaichata
    Expand Collapse
    Here for the "Intellectual Debates"

Lazy college senior
    If only the pay gap could be explained through purely economical terms such as output, productivity, etc. What most people, and especially The Member Formerly Known As Baya in his retarded mind, do not seem to get is that Western society has been predominantly patriarchal for the past 3000 years and that women's rights movements have only surged the last century. If you thereby think that one century is going to reverse a process that has been going on for millennia and we can all joyfully use purely rational arguments to explain the matters at hand, you need to get those study books (or in The Member Formerly Known As Baya's case: his imagination) out of your ass and start looking at the reality.

For the same reason we will not be able to eradicate racism completely the coming years- especially not since we've known it and embraced it for so long.

26. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    You just don't stop, do you? Why do you keep begging me to sodomise you then get cold feet at the last moment? Either allow yourself to be housebroken or stop picking fights with people who're smarter and more knowledgeable than you.

27. BizarrePsycho

BizarrePsycho
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Livin' in a Gangsta's Paradise
    But the world would be colorless and boring without racism...

28. Whatever

Whatever
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Existing
    Narcissism personified.
    And again, you lack an actual counter argument.

29. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    ITT;
    [​IMG]

30. Whatever

Whatever
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Existing
    I don't see how this is white knighting.
    Not sure why people get so defensive when we talk about these kinds of issues.