Windows 8 Download links

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by KoalaRimjob, Sep 15, 2011.

1. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    X86/X64 and Server is out

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/home/

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    RPEnabled 1

Turns off all the mobile rubbish, UI needs quite a bit if polish but overall its pretty good (if you disable the mobile rubbish) the ribbon in explorer is great but the default setting should be hide until opened (by clicking the ^ button)

2. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse
    2017 Faggot Of The Year

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. And by mobile rubbish I'm assuming you mean the win phone 7-like tile UI? I think they are hoping for Windows 8 to be used a lot in Tablets, which honestly would kick ass. I would love to have a fully functional OS in a tablet. WITH USB PORTS OH MY GOD I'M GONNA CUM.

3. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    Yeah hopefully in the oobe they will put an option to turn of all that rubbish. Ill take a full desktop os over android/ios any day of the week hopefully with arm support we will start to see more 5" umpc phones too.

4. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse
    2017 Faggot Of The Year

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    I would probably trade my Droid in for a Windows phone if it actually had a full version of Windows on it and at least one full size USB 2.0 port. As long as it had an on screen keyboard that is better than the one on windows 7. Other than that an arm Windows 8 tablet would be something that Apple couldn't patent troll, that is a plus.