Why the United States/Coalition sides with YPG over Turkey so far

Discussion in 'Religion & Politics' started by Rodion, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

It is interesting how news is breaking to twitter every now and again.
    The US and allied Coalition has revealed a point that may be subtle red line for Turkey.
    It was contained within a point that ISIS sin't done yet and the SDF is still regularly killing the foreign division of the ISIS seeking to return to European and US soil after working for terrorists. I can go back and source Turkey's past resource, ammo, and use of Turkish borders as support for ISIS, but the Turkish attack on Afrin simultaneous to an ISIS attempted counter offensive in the east against the YPG best points to where Turkey has acted in an allied fashion to ISIS. We know they force Germany to deal with a flood of refugees and my opinion concludes that Turkey is remiss ISIS collapsed so fast and they will lose those visa ISIS weapons vs Europe.

Thoughts, especially @Likeicare ,liked his point Afrin YPG sided more to Russia not USA. Hope no @Snorlax Rae 4900 i had the shits today and don't want to be triggered to shit by shitposts

• Shots Fired Shots Fired x 1
    • Tl;dr Tl;dr x 1
    • List
  2. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Tl;dr Tl;dr x 1
    • List
  3. kurisu

kurisu
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

sugar cookie getta
    Allah is behind the Syrian Arab Army

can one of u big brained niggas explain to me why someone would have a good reason to not support Assad?

I've been rooting for him since this all started

4. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I find myself rooting for Assad against at least HTS and Al Qaeda affiliates sponsored by Turkey.
    On the southern front i root for the rebels because the southern front is largely a secular force working with Jordan and Israel against Assad and ISIS. If Assad wins too hard you have Iran empowered in the region and Iran will work against any US interests even with their Sunni radical foes, I want Assad to kinda win but be too war fatigued to let Iran start shit with US allies and be weakened to have their houthni allies cut off US shipping routes encase Saudi continues failing to mop up Yemen fast enough.

5. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Lol Trump triggered CNN Turk with a read-out of his call today with Erdogan
    President Donald J. Trump spoke today with President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey. President Trump relayed concerns that escalating violence in Afrin, Syria, risks undercutting our shared goals in Syria. He urged Turkey to deescalate, limit its military actions, and avoid civilian casualties and increases to displaced persons and refugees. He urged Turkey to exercise caution and to avoid any actions that might risk conflict between Turkish and American forces. He reiterated that both nations must focus all parties on the shared goal of achieving the lasting defeat of ISIS. And both Presidents welcomed the return of more than 100,000 Syrian refugees back to their country in the wake of the ongoing defeat of ISIS and pledged to continue to cooperate to help people return home.

President Trump invited closer bilateral cooperation to address Turkey’s legitimate security concerns. The leaders discussed the need to stabilize a unified Syria that poses no threats to its neighbors, including Turkey. President Trump also expressed concern about destructive and false rhetoric coming from Turkey, and about United States citizens and local employees detained under the prolonged State of Emergency in Turkey. The two leaders pledged to improve the strategic partnership between the United States and Turkey, particularly in fostering regional stability and combating terrorism in all its forms, including ISIS, the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), al-Qa’ida, and Iranian-sponsored terrorism.
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...call-president-recep-tayyip-erdogan-turkey-4/

6. Chrono

Chrono
    Expand Collapse
    Dragon

Attention Whore
    In this thread, @Rodion makes tl;dr posts while @Likeicare only posts with a single, meaningless period. EDF3.

7. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Funny how you're anti Obama bc refugees but US and allies fight to kill all terrorist refugees vs turkey and you don't care.

8. Chrono

Chrono
    Expand Collapse
    Dragon

Attention Whore
    I don't really care about either lol. Just whoring out to retarded alt righters.

#8 Chrono, Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  9. Chrono

Chrono
    Expand Collapse
    Dragon

Attention Whore
    Besides, I stopped giving a shit about politics altogether. It's really just a shitshow, you know?

10. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Domestic Politics is a giant slapfight of banning each other until hugbox...unless people talk statistics and data but many aren't genuine enough to bring up their source & rather just doctor it w/out context.

International affairs is pretty obvious when you have Turkey literally pressuring Europe to take masses of refugees and trying to kill secular kurds to smuggle out ISIS (mostly foreign fighters with Us and European Visas)

I have always been a centrist on the fact that my fellow liberals overlook countries trying to recreate a 9/11 attack on us and you better believe next time they might use chemical/biological weapons. Turkey is a loose cannon and it's retarded we invade Libya, Iraq, and Afghanistan but let this slide.

11. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

12. AbeWallard

AbeWallard
    Expand Collapse
    Boxer by day. Boxerless at night.

Future President of the Internet
    Roddy, you're shilling so hard for stolen Palestine land Israel that I can smell bagels coming from my screen. Tell me, do you guys puncture the holes with your noses? Are the sesame seed actually dried bogies and/or flea eggs dusted from your weird curly sidehairs?

13. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    I didnt have time to reply before i started work

14. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Its actually starting to get more interesting because Turkey are now saying they are extending their operation to Manbij, which not only is controlled by US-backed Kurds, but could put Turkish soldiers in direct contact with US and Australian soldiers, when our relations with Turkey are already strained at the moment, and if the Turks were to kill Australian soldiers that starts an entirely different problem too

• List
  15. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Lol Israel was mentioned 1ce here in an aside response to my (((opinion))) on Assad.

And yes to the first, the 2nd assumes our noses aren't groomed & we then wouldn't be able to smell out $

16. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Lol USA and Turkey are officially...in a slap fight

17. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Now Erdogan is saying that his men will go after "every terrorist" in northern syria

He sees the entire kurdish people as terrorists lol

• List
  18. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

They really haven't made much advances for a week of launching an all weapons bombing campaign
    https://syria.liveuamap.com/
    Turkey gained 7 spread out small border zones (some strategic mountains) but Turkey lost 70 (SOHR) - 325 (YPG) Al Qaeda rebels and Turkish forces but hard to tell the two apart. 16 on video captured & https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201801211060943580-kurds-destroy-five-turkish-tanks/
    5 tanks destroyed by YPG

(43 onlys lost YPG claim) SOHR claims 66 YPG lost and Turkey claims 500 but Turkey is notorious for unreliable stats so i'd air on the SOHR.

The point is it looks like even with the advanced military they are bleeding out more forces and really only tallying high on the civilian kill counter like you said the objective apparently is everyone.

19. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Picture related because Turkey claimed the Armenian genocide was a deference operation as well lol

CzVffJfUQAACJVf.

20. BigBoss22

BigBoss22
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

It's pretty funny how the mighty Turkish Army sends in their FSA lackeys first as cannon fodder, as soon as they are all killed the Turks will have no choice but to step up, meanwhile Assad will be pleased that there is no more pesky FSA and Obama will cry in silent that his jihadist army was wiped out.

21. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I think Assad might intervene if Turkey gets too much progress but as of now i have yet to see Assad's Russian interception kit deal with Turkey, I think the deal was give Afrin to Assad or deal with Turkey on your own. But if Turkey takes Afrin, they will target manbij and Assad can't afford to risk the US backing down or suddenly rebel friendly Turks surround Aleppo.

22. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    RT shifted from reporting on it neutrally to slamming Turkey in the last 24 hours. If Turkey keeps up this outright attack on the Kurdish people then i expect them to step in soon

23. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Two weeks of Turks all out operation to take Afrin displayed through High Tech Satellite Imagery
    syrias.

24. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Turkey really arent interested in making friends

• List
  25. NoelMittUns

NoelMittUns
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Because fuck Turkey that's why

26. wretchedgretchen

wretchedgretchen
    Expand Collapse
    School Bully

<3
    Yeah Erogonadadgonads turned into a real prick after the coup attempt

• Kill Yourself Kill Yourself x 1
    • List
  27. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Theres a reasonable argument to suggest that it was staged for this very purpose

28. NoelMittUns

NoelMittUns
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

He always was a real prick. He's a fucking cockroach. I don't know enough Turkmen to be sure that the stereotype applies to all of them, but it sure as hell apply to Erdogan.

29. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Turkey demanded the US leave Manbij so they can attack it, the US said no, and Turkey are saying they're going to attack anyway

• I Fapped I Fapped x 1
    • List
  30. realgert7

realgert7
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

everyone gives their 1-12 and it all before i've heard Cock's english and it would ever want to uidue