Why the fuck are cons so shitty?

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by DDshoeshowz, Jan 29, 2012.

1. DDshoeshowz

DDshoeshowz
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Ok, so I just came back from my first con, "Ohayocon", and it sucked balls. The whole time I was hoping, no praying to get out of that god-awful convention center with the godawful con funk and the godawful squeeing weeabos.

Here's the con's site:

http://ohayocon.org

I felt like a freak amongst freaks though as my peers and attending congoers questioned me, "How can you be bored? Its an anime convention!"

Well, duh, I know where I am. And that's just it - how the hell can I not be bored? I'm waiting in line for like three fucking hours to sit in one of these so called panels run by a fat fucking chick in a sailor moon outfit giggling with her other friends on stage at the poorly drawn hentai of her favorite Inuyasha character.

WTF?

And the rave sucked balls.

So can you tell me, how the hell do anime cons keep on going? They're shit and can never be anything better than that.

2. Sublime

Sublime
    Expand Collapse
    Everyone's Favorite Evil Bitch

Faggot Police
    Cons-especially of the anime variety-have always been shit. It's an accepted truth. Too bad you had to find out the hard way.

3. Rock

Rock
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Pretty boy swag'n
    Home Page:
    been going to Anime Expo since 99 when I was 16.
    Fuck cons and the people that go to them

4. ge5undhe17

ge5undhe17
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Lab Tech
    Haha, same shit over here too. Top tier (read:slutty) cosplays are always surrounded by potbellied DSLRfags leaving the fat yaoigirls to do gay shit like glomping all over the place. Those animumango artist alley people, all weebs of the highest caliber pleading "PLEEEZ BUY MAI NARUTU WALLSCROLL I MADE THIS 5 HOURS IN SAI" or peddling keychains and shit.

Oh and nowadays you have these guys too:

[​IMG]

Print a meme in paper, wear said meme as mask. LOL I M SO IRONIC

The most lulzy local coslayer I have seen so far was a skinny guy with no shirt on making Bruce Lee noises. His nunchucks were made of paper.

5. Sublime

Sublime
    Expand Collapse

Faggot Police
    Goddamn it sounds terrible. I wouldn't go to a con even if someone paid me. (Maybe a million dollars.) Fuck that shit, if I want to waste my time and money I'd rather drive 100 miles and throw my money out the window as I drive.

Also, what the fuck?
    Users found this page by searching for:
    1. fuck in hentai

6. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    Well, some cons don't suck, e.g. blizzcon, E3, CES, you know cons thrown by people with money FOR people with money. Just accept that anime is shit and the people who like it are even worse.

7. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I mostly go to cons to look for rare tankobons and figures that don't suck and aren't overpriced, plus the ones that happen around here have a space for videogame stuff where people can stay the whole day playing. It's pretty fun.

Unfortunately, yeah, I noticed a lot of merchandise they have been selling are a bunch of unfunny 4chan memes. I saw one stand selling a Pedobear bag and I couldn't think in anything but facepalm.

8. Sublime

Sublime
    Expand Collapse

Faggot Police
    I retract my previous statement. What I meant to say was, you couldn't pay me to go to an ANIME con. I would go to Blizzcon in a heartbeat.

Even though I know Blizzcon has its share of fail, I would still go, for the Starcraft and Diablo stuff. Fuck WOW though.

9. faggotmaximum

faggotmaximum
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

rape
    they are the gathering places of the rejected

what did you expect?

10. DDshoeshowz

DDshoeshowz
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

So...fuck yourself?

11. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

This is what you're promised.

[​IMG]

This is what they give you

[​IMG]

12. Rock

Rock
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Pretty boy swag'n
    Home Page:
    Nah, I'm good

13. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

you've been going to cons since you were sixteen and you say to fuck them. So you fuck yourself.

14. Rock

Rock
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Pretty boy swag'n
    Home Page:
    Thanks for clearing that witty observation champ

15. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Don't I get a cookie

16. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

GBP Management Assistant
    But they're so KAWAII!!!

[​IMG]

17. xy0xy1

xy0xy1
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

kissin where it smells funny
    Home Page:
    FIND ALENONIMO

STAB HIM IN THE CHEST

18. ge5undhe17

ge5undhe17
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Lab Tech
    There was this e-games con I went to. It had:

1. Starcraft
    2. Dota
    3. booth mmorpg chicks
    4. skinny nerds
    5. fat weebs
    6. starcraft
    7. dota
    At least there weren't any annoying cosplayers. The booth girls were nice, but swarmed by weebs

19. DDshoeshowz

DDshoeshowz
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

This is my experienced, summed in storybook format.

20. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Last year I went in a comic book con that despite its very limited content, it was good because it wasn't really filled of weirdoes and annoying nerds, and also we heard the opportunity to talk with some artists that work on DC.

Too bad I live in another state. Anyway he is regarded as a complete joke in the Brazilian atheist community from I've heard so beating him in public wouldn't be necessary anymore.

21. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    You know how some clubs have a dress code? Perhaps some -cons should have a dress code concerning cosplayers?

22. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    i'v had a chance to go to these fucking conventions in israel.
    Some of them were anime cons,other were bloghub meetups of a major blog site populated by only emo kids that would,twice a year,all flood the azriely towers and dizingof center at central tel-aviv dressed in all black to show their indeiduality.

What is worse,is that these were often held at the same time. So you would get a mix of sad goth kids and pathetic weeboo faggots.

God i hated that shit. I went the first time thinking it would be fun,and a few other times after being told by my friend it would be fun. (lies)
    As far as the eye could see... there was nothing but hideous insecure nerds acting out and dressing like idiots. Putting on the age old show of "hoooo ! look at me ! i'm so krazy !" and the good ol' "I don't care what anyone thinks ! (That is why all my actions are begging for attention !)". All of them trying to prove something to everyone around,but mostly themselves. Despite the fact they would never DARE act like that at school or anywhere where people might (rightfully) judge them.

So all i would get all day was a bunch of wall flowers and nerds acting and dressing like morons. Guys either trying to act "cool" or wearing dresses,and girls making inappropriate sexual comments at me and grabbing my ass to show how brave and careless they are.

23. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    You know what else ? (No,i'm not done)
    These things HAVE to be shit ! i mean,why wouldn't they be ? They are organized by weeboos.
    A group composed of 16 year olds acting like 13 year olds, and +20 year olds acting 12.
    They could not organize a good con if their life depended on it.
    So it ends up being populated by people with no skill or value setting up booths to sell crap,and panels without proper sound equipment being let by junior high girls who didn't bother to write down what they were going to say.

24. DDshoeshowz

DDshoeshowz
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Exactly, that was my second time, I don't believe I'll be going back for a third. I can't fool myself or get fooled anymore.

/thewho

25. GobbleDGook

GobbleDGook
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I like cons. And this is how I like them! In the morning, get super fucking faded. Bring along some pot bownies or cookies since smoking at the con is a litle tricky, and eat them whenever the hordes of stinky cosplayers start making the day even more shitty.

But really, me and my friend usually run a booth in the Artist Alley. ( We went to AX, PMX, Komikaze Con, and Long Beach Comic Con last year, of which most were shitty) We sell some fanart at anime cons, but we try to sell our original comics and prints. I fucking hate booths that sell only fanart. (Ramy is the biggest offender, he STILL has 3 tables or something in the exhibition at AX halls these days)

I genuinely still love the anime style of art and good cosplay and I can easily buy hentai/doujin/japanese video games that never get released to the US, so I'm a hopeless weeb. I definitely do not recommend going to a con if it isn't what you absolutely love. And I only have a shit time if I let myself have a shit time. I'm unnaturally peppy at these cons. (probably cause I sell a lot more if I'm smiling and happy at the table rather than pissed and grumpy.)

My next con is Wondercon but I may not be selling this time. I worked for DC and still get free passes to comic conventions, might as well use 'em!

26. Vheer

Vheer
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Home Page:
    I remember back when I was a 13 year old weeaboo and going to a con was something I just had to do. But then I opened my eyes and decided it was best to keep my senses of smell and sight intact. I do intend on going to Acen, which would be my first con, but I'll be sure to keep the pepper spray on hand.

27. DDshoeshowz

DDshoeshowz
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Your sense of smell? Explain...

28. Vheer

Vheer
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Home Page:
    Almost every anime loving otaku I have come in contact with smells bad in a variety of ways. You got basic must, the strong smell of whatever pet they own, fish, ass, and sewer. I noticed these can be found mainly in the anime sections of movie stores, in the manga section of the Borders (which is gone now) and basicaly wherever these people gather in large masses. Now imagine that in a large room filled with hundreds of these people.

29. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I like anime as well, but I'd never EVAR admit it in public like Batman and DragonAge soley because of the associated Animefan stereotypes. That's why I can never go to an animecon. The fact that well, I don't really need to go into it.

Fact is. I have never met a cool weeabo in my entire life.

30. Vheer

Vheer
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Home Page:
    Weeaboos arn't cool.