why r americans

Discussion in 'Religion & Politics' started by SomeIdiot, Aug 4, 2012.

1. SomeIdiot

SomeIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

redefining idiocy
    so anti uni healtcare? do u idiots even know what that is

2. SomeIdiot

SomeIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

redefining idiocy
    the only ppl that lose with uni heathcare are the medical providers who have had their earnings cap cuz the gov only pay so n so 4 so n so

3. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Because we have a plethora of mental untermensch in United States who are easily swayed by unrighteous propaganda.

4. SomeIdiot

SomeIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

redefining idiocy
    im watching cspan http://www.livestation.com/ and all i hear is rambling about you "wont have any options" "you cant choose your doctor"

5. The Doctor

The Doctor
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Doesn't Work
    Home Page:
    Conservatives

6. dignitator

dignitator
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

naruto's ninja HQ dojo
    Because people seemingly would rather directly pay for their healthcare then pay for it in tax.

Unless you have some kind of problem with paying for other people's healthcare then I don't really see the difference.

7. The Doctor

The Doctor
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Doesn't Work
    Home Page:
    The problem with free healthcare, is that they aren't really free. Paying taxes to support one governmental health institution doesn't let you choose.

8. TheBrickBalls

TheBrickBalls
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Gay Nigger
    Home Page:
    Americans are anti-universal healthcare because the majority of us are fat, out of shape, and the risk costs of insuring every single fat American on the verge of a heart attack are more trouble than they're worth. Expect that pool of money everyone participates in by contributing to with a tax to quickly be gobbled up(and then contribute to the growing national debt) by fat Americans having simultaneous heart attacks.

edit: I suppose we could implement a fat tax to make universal healthcare a success, but then we'd have fatasses screaming about how they're being discriminated against by the system. Then we'd have a second civil rights era. However, that argument right there leans slippery slope.

9. Whatever

Whatever
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Existing
    I figured that it was America's penchant for their fervent believe in individuality. Instead of acknowledge that not everyone has the same opportunities, they blame others for their deficiencies. People won't say out loud that "you deserve to die," but they will imply that it's your fault for not "saving" the money to get health insurance, or not working for an employer that would supply said insurance. Also, you should have saved up more money if you have a preexisting condition.

10. lulzbomb

lulzbomb
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

This

11. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

because im not paying for someone else's fucking health problems, end of story.

12. Moscow

Moscow
    Expand Collapse
    It's not just about football

Judging you
    Home Page:
    works for us in the uk. I rely on the nhs to keep me alive so in return I pay my taxes so others can have the same privilege

13. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

We have tons of county-hospitals that charge next to nothing, and payment is practically voluntary.

I don't understand why so many Americans bitch and moan about healthcare. You can literally get away without paying and nothing will happen, if you're so inclined.

14. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

The only exception to that I can think of is chemotherapy, where the pills cost $10K for a three month fill. But I have a friend with brain cancer and no money, and she gets em just fine.

15. Moscow

Moscow
    Expand Collapse

Judging you
    Home Page:
    what can I say? some people will bitch and whine over nothing. it's just unfortunate the US has such a high percentage of these per head of population.

16. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Follow any single presidential election for confirmation on this. As soon as one issue is resolved, there is a consorted effort to find something different to bitch about.

Unless there's a scandal happening, which is always a nice break from all the bawwing.

17. Moscow

Moscow
    Expand Collapse

Judging you
    Home Page:
    you need another watergate or something. summat to really stir the nation up.

18. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    The American government and its proxies have succeeded in making Americans apathetic about its depravities.

• Autism Autism x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

if this were actually true, you wouldn't hear so much bitching about issues on TV. the majority of people give entirely too many fucks, the real problem is they're all dumb as rocks.

20. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Yes but how many have been compelled to act, not including voting for some candidate that promises he'll be different from the previous president?

21. SomeIdiot

SomeIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

redefining idiocy
    yeah but look how overinflated the price of heathcare is in a private system, doctors in canada make about 120k a year where as in the us they make A LOT more

22. SomeIdiot

SomeIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

redefining idiocy
    or u can tax the fuck out of alcohol cigs and gambling like we do in canada

also would like to see a tax on fucked up unhealthy food like chips and other junk food

make healthy food which also tastes a lot better but less convenient for fat slob more affordable

im pretty sure this isnt too realistic in usa

23. Sugar Bombs

Sugar Bombs
    Expand Collapse
    Daddy

It wouldn't work for some because Americans don't, as a whole, understand how it works. They hear "more taxes" and shriek to themselves in fear, without realizing that due to how many people would be paying into certain programs (i.e. universal healthcare) that their taxes wouldn't change a whole lot (subjectively). Besides, we have a shitload of disposable income, and that has lead to the average American buying themselves Hummers and shit that they can't really afford, so they've become selfish assholes, and believe that they are entitled to having extra money and not needing to budget or save. And people used to pay WAY more of a percentage than we do now, without any real complaint, especially the rich (up to 94% from 1944-1945 due to wartime necessity). But they'll be brought kicking and screaming into reality soon enough, because it's about to happen.

But to summarize, why would any of us give a fuck about sick/dying people?
    "We don't know them, so we don't care." That's our national motto.
    Don't ask, don't tell. Out of sight, out of mind.

What is hilarious is when people try to merge in their mind the hilarious concept that the USA is Christian and somehow simultaneously Capitalistic. I'm surprised their heads don't explode.

24. SomeIdiot

SomeIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

redefining idiocy
    ^^ lols sugar bombs

25. Sugar Bombs

Sugar Bombs
    Expand Collapse
    Daddy

It's true.
    I live in Texas, and every day I hear people bitch about taxes, and "why should I have to help anybody else get ahead" and "if they can't help themselves that's just too bad, we live in America and everyone has an equal chance", etc, then turn around and talk about God, and being Christian.
    What the fucking fuck

26. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

OWS was pretty big, but I stand by my "dumb as a rock" statement as for they're concerned. There's so many problems with that movement I don't even know where to begin.

I'd include the Paul Camp, but you've excluded presidential candidates. I think they made some waves and their impact will be felt in 2016.

27. Sugar Bombs

Sugar Bombs
    Expand Collapse
    Daddy

That "system" is retarded anyway.

Out of about 600 million people, only 2 are apparently qualified to lead?
    And they have to have millions of dollars in order to do so, including paying for their campaigns?
    Because people in rural America demand to see them in person in order to determine their eligibility?
    wat

28. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

It's really up to mass media who the people are going to get behind. On the GOP side you had candidates like Santorum and Newt who literally couldn't raise a fucking dime for their campaign, getting mass appeal thanks to creative journalism. The only reason they could afford their plane tickets was mass-media backed SuperPACs. They did a very good job at derailing Ron Paul, a candidate who represented a very scary level of change.

As long as media has a hand in politics, this will never change. 90% of people get their information from TV. Proof is within the fact that Mitt Romney owns a good chunk of Clear Channel Communications, the biggest media conglomerate in the world - and is now a presidential candidate, despite being hated by literally half of the Republican base.

29. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    My experiences with OWS have resulted in me hating them every time I talk to them further. They aren't real revolutionaries, they are faggots who'd vote for Obama again.

30. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Probably because Christ didn't tax people (or, indeed, accept payment from people) when he healed the sick or fed the starving. Maybe if he had staged a coup in Judea and then forced his beliefs unto others your argument would make a little more sense.

As far as the rest is concerned, America's budget is bloated and no amount of taxes will get it back in the green. (America was heavily in debt after WW2, BTW.) Not to mention that there are plenty of charities (actual charities, not bastardised versions which "tax for the greater good" or whatever) that provide medical care to the sick for free or at a severe discount. But, for some reason, Americans seem to have a disdain for free clinics and the like. Thinking they're of lesser quality or something. Or maybe they just don't want to associate with people who're actually desperate? At the end of the day it would be best if the government removed the regulations that forces insurance companies to accept everyone as a customer which forces insurance companies to have massive premiums which forces medical care to be "unaffordable" to everybody. Or maybe y'all should stop wasting your money on pointless luxuries then wonder why you're supposedly poor. Or maybe you should embrace the reformation of the US which will make it look and feel a lot like the EU. I hear that EU nations are sustainable and fantastic places to live.

Oh and the bloated bureaucracy that is federally subsidised medical coverage only takes up a third of the federal budget. (Which is about the size of the revenue, funny enough.) If a person is to pay taxes then they pay for everything, not just the bits they want to pay for.

Next time somebody tells you that everybody has an equal chance in America tell them to start a business from scratch and see how they goes. Also, being angry at your neighbours is no excuse for believing in stupid things. Okay, honey?

• Autism Autism x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List