Who here wants to boycott the next generation?

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by Baya Rae 4900, Apr 24, 2013.

?

You gonna boycott, boy?

1. Yes, sir!

58.3%
  2. Nope.

41.7%
  1. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...10300-We-Really-Really-Dont-Need-New-Consoles

Some of you might not remember but I was pretty fucking pissed off about the lack of backwards compatibility of the PS3. Regardless, I'm done. I'm boycotting. I also think console makers would benefit more if they upgraded their hardware instead of creating new hardware. That never really made sense. Not that console hardware needs upgrading. The difference between MGS2 and MGS3 was striking. In any case, I'm done. I can't stand the online BS anymore and I can't stand the facade of the console wars anymore.

2. Thatdamnnigger

Thatdamnnigger
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Trying too hard. One simple reason I will boycott: superiority of PC gaming

good day to you underrace

3. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

• Autism Autism x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. Khanzer

Khanzer
    Expand Collapse
    EDF official mascot

Wizard
    The problem with the new games is that they look better but they are still the same shit that the past games.

5. Petit Crouton

Petit Crouton
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

>Still giving a shit about consoles and their AAA titles/poor amount of exclusives

6. Thatdamnnigger

Thatdamnnigger
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I beg to differ. Lots of new AAA games are interesting (on PC.) and the graphics aren't so evolved nowadays, because of retarded hardware from 2005 (consoles) our games are still stuck in the past and games such as crysis, that is 6 years old, still manage to be over the top, while we clearly can do better.

7. Conxtrex

Conxtrex
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

If you boycott a generation- its your own choice, no need to garner some E-ttention

8. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    He says switch to PC as if that's not destroyed with mandatory online bloatware its nearly as bad as sonys audio cds with free rootkits.

The only way this will change is if people STOP BUYING GAMES! & Pirate them pc or console

And that includes :gaben:

9. pigeonhole

pigeonhole
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Founder of DA- Delicacies
    Home Page:
    Warning tl;dr post:

To be honest, to be really fucking honest, Nintendo is the most sane of all three game companies this next gen. The 3DS has picked up considerably since it's price cut and not just because of the drop of price, but because they also have a swarm of new games that are just really fucking attractive. Animal Crosssing, Monster Hunter, Kirby, Pokemon, Zelda, Rayaman, Donkey Kong, etc. Not to mention the really great skins they are shipping over here for the 3DS XL. Honestly, they are in competition with themselves. If I had to choose between the WiiU and the 3DS it would be the handheld.
    Second mistake Nintendo did was listen to the hardcore fanbase and their universal whining for Ninty having no "hardcore" games on their system. Nintendo is a family game company. Always has been. Always will be. The people who buy Nintendo consoles don't do so because they want some "M" rated games. They buy them for their strong first and second party titles. I appreciate the effort. I really do- however they are getting shat in the face right now. Mass Effect ain't going on there because EA tried to shove the bullshit that is Origin onto the online component on the WiiU. Good on them for telling them they can rightly fuck off. Bayonetta2, which the developers spent years trying to find ANY company to publish their game because fans wanted a sequel so bad are getting shit in the face because Nintendo in their effort look "hardcore" put their money where their mouth is and is funding the game under the circumstances that they make it an exclusive. Nintendo. Just. Stop. Your damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    As for third party support, first it was the Wii not being powerful enough. Fixed that for the most part. Now? "Ah, we don't want to use the tablet controller. It's tooo hard." Okay, well slap a bullshit menu on it and call it a day, or, you know DON'T use the tablet since Nintendo said developers aren't forced to and make all the controls for the pro controller. Oh wait, devs just don't want to make shit for Nintendo. But hey they are flipping balls over the PS3 controller.
    Also props for them for not being suckered into the Day One DLC, On disk DLC, Micro transaction fiasco that the rest of the gaming market seems to be in a complete orgy about.

As for Microsoft and Sony? They are using big money to one up each other. Honestly nex gen is going to feel boring. It's just FPS shooter in {insert genre here} along with the rumors about having an always online console? Yeah. Getting real tired of this always online bullshit. Very tired of it. No matter how many times their plot to nickel and dime blow up in their face, they still continue to do it, and idiots who buy into give them enough money to keep up their incentives.
    Since I already own a 3DS I guess I already got into the "next gen" so to speak.
    But a deep part of me really, really, wants the game industry to fall into near crash. I don't like where the industry is going. Not at all.

10. SergeTrigger

SergeTrigger
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Miniature Kaiju
    Why do we have to call it a boycott? why can't we just say what it really is; we don't want the new shit so we aren't going to buy it. Why pretend we're a massive protest in line with the civil rights movement when in reality we're just massive Australians who act like videogame companies owe us something?

11. pigeonhole

pigeonhole
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    They "owe" us something when they charge $60.00 for half finished shit, then complain about their consumer base for not buying their half finished shit.

12. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    I'm going to boycott reading OP's rambling pile of bullshit.

13. SergeTrigger

SergeTrigger
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Miniature Kaiju
    no they don't. At most they should only get away with that once before you stop buying their stuff. Then when you continue to stop buying their stuff they'll make better stuff we want to buy. Also if you wait like, 2 months the shit becomes both completely finished and only like 30 bucks at gamestop.

14. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    The best argument I've seen for boycott thus far.

Because that's what a boycott is, you fucking dumbass.

• Autism Autism x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. SergeTrigger

SergeTrigger
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Miniature Kaiju
    a boycott implies a large group of people abstaining from buying as a form of protest.

Not some fat Australian with a micro-penis whining about how he doesn't like things that are new.

16. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    So what are we doing by not giving them money if not protesting the way those companies have gone about their business?

17. SergeTrigger

SergeTrigger
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Miniature Kaiju
    so if you walk into a fast food joint and decide not to get fries with that is it because you're protesting potatoes?

18. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    You're protesting said product, yes. Large groups of people not spending money on a certain product sends a direct message to the maker of said product. It's a much more direct and painful message than waving banners and chanting.

• Autism Autism x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  19. SergeTrigger

SergeTrigger
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Miniature Kaiju
    than why don't you go do it instead of talking about it on the internet and trying to get everyone to stroke your e-penis

20. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Because I want other people to join in otherwise it won't have much of an impact. You fucking tool.

• Autism Autism x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  21. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    heh heh heh

this thread now has 3 posts and 2 quotes saying penis

22. pigeonhole

pigeonhole
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    If we don't buy it, they whine that we don't buy their shit. Oh, and call us entitled while they are at it. The issue is that they utilize tactics like embargoing reviews, or doing underhand money deals to make a game seem better then it is. Bottom line is that a lot of people want a hyped, good looking game when it comes out days after release because they feel like they are supporting a company that makes good work. Only to realize that it's just a load of shit.

23. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Perhaps gamers should begin organising what we buy and when? We can begin a network of trusted unpaid reviewers who pre-order the game and give an honest opinion on whether it's good or not.

24. SergeTrigger

SergeTrigger
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Miniature Kaiju
    How empty and sad is your life that you need to rally people together to have n impact on the video-game industry, and industry that exists to distract people from how empty and sad their lives are. If you don't want the new generation of consoles than don't buy them, but don't come on here and pretend you're rallying people for a worth clause.

25. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Uh-huh. Whatever you say.

26. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

Rap is for criminals.

27. SergeTrigger

SergeTrigger
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Miniature Kaiju

28. pigeonhole

pigeonhole
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    I just wait for the greenscreen Youtube reviewers to give their final judgement. As annoying some of them can be, at the very least they have a god honest opinion about the game they just wasted (or enjoyed) $60.00 on.Jimquisition is about the last paid reviewer I put any stock into. He got my respect for calling out Konami on their bullshit, and getting blacklisted because of it. However he is probably embargoed from giving out reviews until after the release.
    I happen to be patient.
    Others however, are not.

29. Thatdamnnigger

Thatdamnnigger
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Nintendo is the crappiest pile of crap consoles has to offer. They announce interesting consoles - aka what consoles are supposed to be, not a fucking underPC like PS360, but innovative shit and all, say they're all in for inovation and everything...

And then fail considerably at exploiting their console as they release one more fucking mario, one more fucking zelda, one more fucking mariokart, one more fucking (insert another overused license that didn't change a single bit here) and this since the fucking NES

Nintendo consoles are a fucking scam, and the wii u is one of the stupidest piles of shit I've seen so far btw. It's completely retarded and unplayable.

30. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

fucking douche jerk nugget whore puta
    Only two companies can fuck off: Bioware for all of the dumb shit they've done with Dragon Age of Faggotry and Ass Effect and Capcom for all of it's horrible business practices (I'll try to be tl;dr with this).

Let me get this straight, Capcom: You're going to promise this 2v2 feature that will be on both the Xbox and Ps3 versions of Street Fighter x Tekken, but at the last minute on release you're going to tell the xbox owners you didn't bother to put it in, saying:

a)You were too busy with the PS3 version, since Sony bribed you despite you promised this on both versions.
    b)It's the 360 owner's fault for not getting gthe superior PS3 only the "pro SoCal" players use despite no one likes the game out of fanboys.

It was listed on the god damn box of the Xbox version. And you still want me to shell and support your shitty games, Capcom? No thanks. SFxT wasn't even good because it was a half-assed game with no content (the game was a trainwreck from the first development day).

Funny thing is this didn't piss me off as much as they held off a dlc pack for umvc3 just because of Magneto's outfit being controversial in Spain for four months only to add or change nothing out of removing Magneto's outfit (it had an outfit for Firebrand I wanted). How the fuck does removing one file in the game take four months!? Don't give me this "blame Micro$oft" bullshit.

I heard the Dmc game is an abortion gone wrong. Capcom is one of the few companies that deserves to lose money.