What I find most obsurd about the NDAA

Discussion in 'Religion & Politics' started by Dr. Rice, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Is that members of Congress believe that torture or "advanced interrogation techniques" work. They (sort of) do, but only when you are ripping off toenails, breaking fingers with hammers, or branding people, things that aren't (currently) doing. Military theorists like Fredrick the Great realized not only that torture didn't work, but was dehumanizing for the people who carried out the acts of torture. Which is why he criminalized it 200 years ago.

What I find most absurd is that members of Congress believe that terrorists we catch would have troves of information that can only be unlocked if we waterboard them. Part of the reason that al-Qaeda was as successful as it was is due to a few leaders knew the actual plans of the organization. The grunts on the ground only knew their specific role or mission. This is much how our military works. The generals know the actual logistics and strategy, but the men on the front lines only follow orders. If you tortured the soldiers on the ground in order to gain information from them, you'd get very little of usage.

I am 20 years old and I have never served in the military, but I seem to understand more about the art of war than these politicians, who include people like John McCain.

2. Solution

Solution
    Expand Collapse
    Everyone is boring

Home Page:
    You are too right "Torture" does not win wars, never has. It does help to a degree in small battles and then its usual only useful for quick, heat of the moment situations for local information, i.e.: "how many in that house", " where did you hide explosives" etc. (long term torture serves as a capture and release detractor, does not work.)

This I believe falls way behind other information gathering techniques, in both effectiveness and side effects. However, In a minority of places, the situation, mainly due to our miss-steppings, we have rendered these better gathering techniques, for the most part useless.

These politicians have a grand understanding of war, albeit through a lens of corruption and self-service.

3. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    "Torture" in that sense can never be regulated and it clearly has usages in such a situation. I don't think they do though. There is nothing they gain commercially from the legalization of torture. All it does is stain our nation's image. Something I do know they care about.

I don't think they do know shit at all. The fact that John McCain supports torture is absurd. "From my understanding, he spent four years in a prison where he was beaten. When he wasn't beaten, he spent his time in a hole in the ground that was filled with mud and shit. Anyone would go mad." - Putin on John McCain.

4. Seku

Seku
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

bad bich
    Home Page:
    I agree completely, but I must point out the typo.

It's spelled "absurd". Sorry.

5. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    There is going to be people from all aspects of the spectrum that are going to lash out against this bill. Enough of them by violent means. I expect the passing of the NDAA will be the beginning of a new civil war. I'll have to start rabblerousing people for a California secessionist movement next semester. I imagine several factions of the various geographic regions of America will splinter. I can see at the the very least a West Coast, North Eastern and South Eastern factions forming. The reason these factions will emerge is because the common man believes they are more American than other people within America. This is especially true with the South.

6. Solution

Solution
    Expand Collapse
    Everyone is boring

Home Page:
    If not commercial there must be something political to gain. Theirs is a game of schemes devoid of societal ethics, made of educated players willing and adept at using anyone or any thing to mask their true intentions. Hence McCane, who better to add an air of ridiculousness to this darkness.

7. Seku

Seku
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

bad bich
    Home Page:
    Who the dick is McCane?

8. Solution

Solution
    Expand Collapse
    Everyone is boring

Home Page:
    *McCain-Fuck me , good catch.

9. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Torture is a great stress reliever. For the torturer, I mean. Not so much for the torturee.

10. Tai Le Ree

Tai Le Ree
    Expand Collapse
    Tails Recolor

Home Page:
    It depends on if the torturee is into that kind of thing.

11. Atomic_Joe

Atomic_Joe
    Expand Collapse
    Joevahkiin

Throat Puncher
    Home Page:
    I can personally vouch that the South will do next to nothing. Southerners by nature are fat, lazy morons that barely know their ass from a whole in the ground. I think it's safe to say we can expect the least amount of participation from them in ANY event. It's the Western territories I see being the big players, specifically Arizona and Montana.

12. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I don't know. I feel there will be a resurgence of feelings towards a glorious south which will make people want to fight. Especially if they get to shoot at Yankees or California liberals.

13. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

They wouldn't be able to afford it. Besides for all it's faults, not all southerners are red neck fucktards.

14. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Who wouldn't be able to afford it. Also doesn't matter, when violent civil war happens. Everyone joints in. The coming American Civil War will be vastly complex due to the various ideological differences between all 300 million Americans. Lines will be hard to define. I expect it to be very free for all in the first few months.

15. Seku

Seku
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

bad bich
    Home Page:
    Sounds exciting.

16. Atomic_Joe

Atomic_Joe
    Expand Collapse
    Joevahkiin

Throat Puncher
    Home Page:
    In all truth, I wouldn't worry. I've seen enough of those non-shootin', inbred dumbfucks to tell you it's all about the mountain people in the Rockies and Northern portion of the Appalachian. Those are some survivalist mofo's that know a thing or two about living off the land and relying on nature (with exception to the utilization of gunpowder).

On the plus column for "California Liberals" there are a surprising amount of gun owners in the state. Just last week there was a "look at me bitches display" in Roseville for 2nd Amendment rights. Open carry at a Starbucks, it was fairly inspiring.

17. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    The new "confederate rebels" are definitely westerners. But if any government decides to start taking away weapons, it'll be insane. Americans don't mind you taking everything they have through inflation, taxation and regulation but if you remove that last remaining barrier of reassurance from their minds they'll fight back. When that happens pinning your hopes on Californians, New Englanders and Mid-Westerners is a safe bet.

18. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    We love our guns.

19. Atomic_Joe

Atomic_Joe
    Expand Collapse
    Joevahkiin

Throat Puncher
    Home Page:
    Agreed. Speaking of which, if you so should ever choose, I am always most willing to lay down surplus ammo into free range land. LET US SHOOT FOR FREEDOM (and practice our skills for eventual chaos).

20. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    You live in California if I remember correctly, Vacaville-ish right?

21. Atomic_Joe

Atomic_Joe
    Expand Collapse
    Joevahkiin

Throat Puncher
    Home Page:
    El Dorado Hills. WE MUST MAKE SHOOTING PLANS, YES?

22. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    We should in the near future. I do want to inform you I know very little about guns though.

23. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    That sounds like fun. ;-;

24. Atomic_Joe

Atomic_Joe
    Expand Collapse
    Joevahkiin

Throat Puncher
    Home Page:
    I was a rifle coach once a upon a time a few years ago. After an hour or two, I'll have you laying down 5 inch groups at 100 yards.

[​IMG]

25. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

You need plenty of light when things go bad.

26. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

27. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    It won't look quite like this. If California tries to secede, Texas and Alaska will try too. After these three big states try to secede, the smaller states will be like "fuck this ship, we'll split up." Texas will take a considerable number of the Midwest and South. I can already guess that this region will name itself The United Territories of Texas for obvious reasons. The Northeast will cling around New York. There will be a Mormon State that will eventually be annexed by the UTT. There will also be California's states which will include California, Oregon, Washington, parts of Nevada, Hawaii (after California, the most important state in this union), and possibly Alaska. Alaska will be reluctant to be part of a "liberal" block of former states, but Alaska could not survive on its own (food production mainly) and the "liberal" block in the California controlled states would realize Alaska is too important to fuck up this critical relationship with things petty like "ideology" at this point.