What game are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by uberfukken, Jun 16, 2013.

A very friendly community
  1. Pizza Slut

Pizza Slut
    Expand Collapse
    The Goyim Know

Naming the Jew
    Having played it for half an hour the graphics for Rondo of Blood are underwhelming compared to Vampire's Kiss and yeah, Richter's theme sounds a lot better on the SNES than on the PC Engine which is surprising considering Rondo of Blood was developed for the PC Engine CD add-on.

2. Killerratte

Killerratte
    Expand Collapse
    Dangerously unfunny

Self-loathing hobby "artist"
    Home Page:
    I tried to play some modern Rogue clones like ADOM & TOME ...

Sucked.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • List
  3. moogshroom

moogshroom
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Wanted to play some jrpg for a while and tried a game called Shadow Hearts on PS2. It's an indirect sequel to Koudelka, a bit eccentric and unusual jrpg in which every weapon breaks. The only similarity between the games are some characters, lore and the gothic horror theme with a lot of juicy pre-rendered art.

It's a decent game, but the story is very cookie cutter and towards the end of the game all the battles are pointless when you get items which grant immunity to all status effects. Some of the cutscenes drag on and on, making you happy for the generally absent VA. The most blatant specialty of the game is a thing called "Judgement Wheel", which appears for every action, regardless of being a QTE it was a pretty fun feature.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Illuminati

Illuminati
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Never heard of that. How is it?

5. moogshroom

moogshroom
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Can't recommend unless you just have time to kill. Not as boring as jrpgs in general, tbh FFX is more interesting because of better variety.

For anyone after a good traditional horror game Clock Tower 3 will be a blast. It's a really short game, but it's better than the first one with its cryptic shit, or the second one which looked like a complete mess. However this one has a weird pacing as you'll be solving really simple puzzles while being chased. When you hide behind a conveniently placed curtain, get out and bounce about you'll get chased again.

Instead of health you have a panic meter which fills when a boogieman swings its weapon by or at you. When it fills up the protag broad starts running into walls and gets killed by the next hit. Oh, this game has boss battles too, they're ridiculous as you might imagine. If you decide to play this one, then save up all the special arrows for the last boss.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Ricki

Ricki
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Speaking of ClockTower 3, am I the only one that got a bit of a "magical girl" vibe from it? In regards to the whole Rooder thing I mean. Your character, a 14 year old girl, is actually part of a line known as Rooders that are exclusively teenage girls who peak in their power at 15 and are fated to free tortured souls and shit. It feels like something out of an anime to be honest.

7. moogshroom

moogshroom
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Yeah, I think the magical girl plot and the boss fights keep the game's spookiness factor down a notch. But I gotta admit, it made me startle a couple of times when one of those monsters called "subordinates" by the game suddenly kicks a door open. Just when I thought it was safe to examine and scour everything in a room.

The cinematography if you can call it that looks well thought out and the graphics still hold up. It was also directed by Kinji Fukasaku, who has a long history in movies.

8. dropdatwat

dropdatwat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Inferior

Man I just stayed up all night getting back into the groove of dark souls 1

The fucking anor Londo dual boss wouldn't be so bad if they couldn't combo like 4 attacks after one fuckup before you even get unstunned

And if the fucking Giants couldn't follow you up the stairs and ATTACK THROUGH THE FOG WTF

9. Sleepy420

Sleepy420
    Expand Collapse
    Swagtagged

Very Cool Guy :)
    Home Page:
    Playing a spellcaster makes them laughably easy (although that could be said about the entire game tbh)

But iirc the easiest strat for a melee character is to kite the skinny dude away from the fat dude and try to get as many hits in on him as possible (use the pillars for cover and bait his dive attack to get him away from fatty)

Although if you can kill fatty first I think you get a better item for beating the bosses

• List
  10. Sleepy420

Sleepy420
    Expand Collapse
    Swagtagged

Very Cool Guy :)
    Home Page:
    Oh and I think you can summon Solaire and he'll just tank fatty for you so it's p much just a 1 on 1 with the skinny guy. Summons are for pussys though

11. RhinoPak

RhinoPak
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Shooting People
    Solitaire

12. dropdatwat

dropdatwat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Inferior

I was trying to shoot fatty with arrows but they keep going in opposite directions making it impossible for me to block them both simultaneously, and get way too close to me, causing them to chain hits until I'm dead

A couple times I actually managed to kill fatty and get the others HP down like halfway. IDK I'm practicing

13. Illuminati

Illuminati
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

L4D2

14. dropdatwat

dropdatwat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Inferior

btw i beat that dark souls boss several days ago now by doing it the other way around

ended up with a drained HP bar and no estus flasks for the entirety of the fatty portion so i had to dodge every attack or die. dropped serious spaghetti during that

15. Failstation

Failstation
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Quota Mandated Shit Posting
    Home Page:
    I played till the fortress of Sen.

That game was absolute bullshit. And before that was blight town; a place that subverts all previous knowledge of the game by making enemies that go through shields and poison that cannot be dispelled.

Dark Souls is Cat Mario for edgy gayboys. Most of it's critically acclaimed 'difficulty' comes from enemies tucked behind corners that onehit you or bosses that pull a surprise attack that 1hit-kos you.

Replaying the game with memory of these encounters, it took me 100 times less time to get to fortress of Sen. The whole difficulty from Dark Souls come from 'not knowing a trap or enemy is there or can insta-kill you'.

• Shots Fired Shots Fired x 1
    • Butthurt Butthurt x 1
    • List
  16. Failstation

Failstation
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    Also, looking forward for Artifact.

But if it's anything like Hearthstone, I'll opt out.

17. dropdatwat

dropdatwat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Inferior

Lol try playing demons souls

• Fuck off retard Fuck off retard x 2
    • List
  18. Failstation

Failstation
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    Literary nobody does.

19. moogshroom

moogshroom
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Another obscure jrpg, if you like tanks and spiky hairdos then Metal Saga is a pretty good timesink. It's a spiritual sequel to "Metal Max" series and the first one released for western audiences. Works just perfect with pcsx2 and it's a bit funny at times. It's a bit grindy which gets boring, but it's a post-apo open-world jrpg which even lets you rush to the last areas of the world if you will. Mixed bag, but I had fun.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Failstation

Failstation
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    Revisited Postal 2 (they improved the engine a few years back) to see if it's still worth it.

[​IMG]

it is

• Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • List
  21. ilovemenandwomen

ilovemenandwomen
    Expand Collapse
    Butthurt

Infidelity survivor
    d7cbc2fe7071.
    Underrated af. Though I heard the new fourth game is shit.

22. Lovecraft

Lovecraft
    Expand Collapse
    Shots Fired

Walking talking meat.
    Stumbled upon the disc for this gem the other day and decided to give it a go again - mind you, had to find a torrent for it as I couldn't find my external DVD drive to use the original disk.

The arena mode is pretty fun.

23. Illuminati

Illuminati
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

That looks like shit

24. Lovecraft

Lovecraft
    Expand Collapse
    Shots Fired

Walking talking meat.
    It had some great mechanics. If you were good, you could chop off your opponents weapon wielding arm, then pick it up and beat him over the head with it. Or just chop both his legs off at the knees and watch him hop along on the stumps.
    Graphics were so-so for the time, but keep in mind that at the time the lucky PC gamer had a voodo2 3D accelerator card (in addition to a 2D VGA card) with 8 to 12 MB of onboard memory.

• List
  25. dropdatwat

dropdatwat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Inferior

Lol I'm at Dave and Buster's rn and just got the 500 ticket bonus in space Invaders frenzy TWICE IN A ROW

AMA

• lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol x 2
    • Autism Autism x 1
    • Fuck off retard Fuck off retard x 1
    • List
  26. Patroclus Rex

Patroclus Rex
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

• Like Like x 1
    • Shots Fired Shots Fired x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • List
  27. Yarblesthefilth

Yarblesthefilth
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Boomer
    my fuckin summer car all day

28. Illuminati

Illuminati
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I get you, but for the time it came out you'd probably be better off with an N64 or something

• Shit Post Shit Post x 1
    • List
  29. dropdatwat

dropdatwat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Inferior

well they'd be better off with a PS1 than a fucking N64 :vomit:

30. dropdatwat

dropdatwat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Inferior

• Nobody Cares Nobody Cares x 1