Well, DUH... of course... Atheists hate God.

Discussion in 'Religion & Politics' started by Trixie, Aug 8, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. Trixie

Trixie
    Expand Collapse
    The Nicest Poster on EDF2

I work in a library.
    [​IMG]

... but of course.

he's got some fucked up logic....
    how can atheists hate something they do not believe in?

SOURCE: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/pat-robertson-concludes-sikh-temple-shooting-because-atheists-hate-god/

2. Lyle

Lyle
    Expand Collapse
    turtle

I'm atheist and I don't hate God. How can I hate something that doesn't exist? I do however hate all the biggotry, brainwashing, control, violence (including sexual), and the hindrance to science and the overall progression of the human race because of the beliefs in it.

3. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

4. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Pat Robertson is a tired old coot that nobody takes seriously. This guy's got a rapsheet filled with shit.

Atheists do however harbor pretty harsh sentiments towards the religious communities, as seen on reddit. It's funny how atheists think they're being held down like some type of repressed minority. The reality is nobody gives a fuck about them.

5. Lyle

Lyle
    Expand Collapse
    turtle

Uses Nikah Mut'ah to carry out child prostitution.

6. Manicute

Manicute
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

atheist need 2 get laid they b very angree fat ppl

7. Whatever

Whatever
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Existing
    A christian said something bad about atheists. This isn't really news.

8. Die In A Fire

Die In A Fire
    Expand Collapse
    Presutable Woard

Gree Guy Clone
    Home Page:
    WHAT?
    This is a national cause for concern! Do you realize how lightly you are taking this sir????????

9. Whatever

Whatever
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Existing
    OMIGOSH, you're right. Maybe Pat Roberson has uncovered a conspiracy with his already spoken words. Maybe there are no such thing as atheists, but only SATANISTS. They claim they don't believe in God, but in reality, they just don't believe in God's Love. They claim they don't believe in the divine, but that's merely a clever ruse for their worship of the defiled. Their unbridled hatred towards our lord will only end with our loving lord making the world into mountains of flesh and rivers of blood.
    PLEASE SAVE US PAT ROBERSON

10. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    Atheists do hate god. Atheists are creatures of mincing and qualifying words. They first deny they are a religion, (how is a shared LACK of belief a belief? they say), even though they are a religion. And now they say oh I don't HATE god I just don't believe in him. Bullshit, whether conceptually or not, atheists do hate the idea of a god. There is definately hate, and it is definately directed at god.

News flash atheists, rational, thinking, non-religious people can't even USE the word atheist to describe themselves anymore because it conjures up the image of immature reddit assholes like @Trixie who rage against people who try to express their first amendment right to religious freedom because of their mommy and daddy issues.

11. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Atheists certainly do hate the expression of God. At least the ones that make their beliefs public. Every day.

• Autism Autism x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  12. madh8r

madh8r
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Home Page:
    As an Athiest, I hate the expression of god. Valid claim. Also, if I thought YHWH was real I would still not follow him. And h8 him

13. Moscow

Moscow
    Expand Collapse
    It's not just about football

Judging you
    Home Page:
    pretty much this.

14. Sugar Bombs

Sugar Bombs
    Expand Collapse
    Daddy

I'm agnostic.
    And technically you're all agnostic too, because you have no idea if you're correct or not.
    Welcome to the fold.

15. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    Technically.
    That's the key word here.
    Technically beer is just liquid bread. But when I try tell that to the cashier at the super market she STILL won't accept my food stamps.

16. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    they have food stamps in israel? Charity seems so un-jewish.

17. Sugar Bombs

Sugar Bombs
    Expand Collapse
    Daddy

You are also literally agnostic, because you could not possibly prove either that God exists or doesn't exist.
    Checkmate.

18. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Ey Trix, do u have this one?

[​IMG]

19. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    Agnosticism is a belief system. I am not agnostic if I don't define myself as agnostic. An agnostic believes or admits he can't prove or disprove the existence of god. But if someone believes he has proof of a god or lack-thereof (even if he is wrong), or that despite the fact he has no conclusive proof at the moment, said proof does/will exist in the future, he is not agnostic.

Furthermore, on the subject of technicality, if you believe in a part of a certain doctrine, but reject another part (like the idea some agnostics have that they will not go to hell because they didn't say they don't believe in god, only that they don't know if he is real... newsflash, god doesn't care, you are going to burn in hell with the rest of the sinners), then you fall into the realm of definitions. That is why you can say that both shiait and suni are both muslim, but you can therefore conclude that all sunies are also shiait. That is why you also can't conclude that if some atheists share the belief that god can not be proven or disproven with agnostics, they must therefore be agnostics as well. No more than I can claim that because you admit that god may not be real you are de-facto not religious, and therefore an atheist.

20. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Anything can be labled as "belief system"

I support the tiny "belief system" that the Sun is mainly made of hydrogen

That's not very helpful...that labeling, I mean. Something that can be applied to everything never is.

...like the idea some agnostics have that they will should not go to hell because they didn't say they don't believe in god...

Fixed

Contemplating the possibility of being wrong isn't the same as being inconsistent

I dunno if you can label yourself as atheist and then say that you aren't sure about a deity existing.

After all, atheism is the doctrine that there is no deity. That contradiction sounds pretty inconsistent to me

21. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    I don't disagree with that. In fact, it's part of my point. You are right that something that can be applied to everything never is. That is why any religion or non religion, if you are willing to make enough logical leap and bounds, can be categorized as something it really isn't. Which is exactly what sugar bombs did when she declared us all to be agnostics.

I may have cited something that is incorrect, but that still doesn't cancel out the point I was trying to make, which is:
    Atheists and agnostics are not the same just because they share some traits. By that logic you could say that apples are oranges because they are both round. But if you compare two things using ALL their traits, and not just the ones that support your point, and even one of those traits does not match, and that same thing with that one change has a different definition with another name, then those two things are not the same.

So I accept your correction, but I do not agree that the conclusion must be that atheists/everyone = agnostics. And I agree that contemplating the possibility of being wrong isn't the same as being inconsistent, but even if atheists, agnostics (and some religious people) do this, it is still only ONE trait, and does not mean both of those things are the same.

Actually, a lot of atheists DO believe that the existence of god is not impossible, only extremely unlikely.
    That is the main split between atheists and agnostics. Agnostics admit there may or may not be a god, and lead their lives accordingly. While atheists admit there may or may not be a god, but the probability of there being a god is so low that you should lead your life under the assumption that there isn't one.

Those small changes are enough for those two groups to be two septate things, and for it to not be possible to say that someone who is an atheist is actually an agnostic.

(I am focusing on atheists because it is the most similar group to agnostics, making it easier for me to make my point that no matter how closely linked two groups are that does not make them interchangeable... I am not necessarily an atheist or an agnostic.)

22. Whatever

Whatever
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Existing
    I also identify as agnostic, and I don't think it matters anymore, personally. The world is either shitty because there is no God, or because we have a shitty God. I never saw what the difference was either way.

23. Khanzer

Khanzer
    Expand Collapse
    EDF official mascot

Wizard
    I hate how every time we have a thread about religion come the stupid faggot that says that he/she is "x" thing, guess what? nobody cares faggot, so do us a favor and kill yourself.

24. FlamingTofuSquare

FlamingTofuSquare
    Expand Collapse
    Dramatis Personæ

retired werebelushiologist
    I'm agnostic and believe I have been and shall to continue to be reincarnated. If I kill myself for having just told you that, I will just be back later to continue telling y'all shit you don't care about. :D

25. Khanzer

Khanzer
    Expand Collapse
    EDF official mascot

Wizard
    Kill yourself again and lest continue this circle.

26. Trixie

Trixie
    Expand Collapse
    The Nicest Poster on EDF2

I work in a library.
    OMG- she would go perfect in my collection!!
    you know when she'll be for sale!?!?!?:D

27. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    @Khanzer You seem to be obsessed with suicide. Tell me, have you or somebody you love tried committing suicide?

• Autism Autism x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  28. Sugar Bombs

Sugar Bombs
    Expand Collapse
    Daddy

No. There is no proof, either way.
    It's not really a belief system. It is logically accepting that you can neither prove nor disprove God, but still remain open to all possibilities. I don't have faith, or a lack of faith.

Proof is not subjective. If someone "believes" they have "proof", they are still just "believing" something without being able to actually prove it. Everyone is an agnostic whether they want to be or not, because fundamentally, despite what they tell themselves, they have no fucking idea if they're right.

Now fall on the ground and speak in tongues for me, baby.

29. Sugar Bombs

Sugar Bombs
    Expand Collapse
    Daddy

What the fuck else would we talk about
    What kind of clothes we wear to church
    What we had for breakfast that morning
    Wring the period blood out of your suction cups

Hey, uh
    Since you believe in one God
    And there are roughly 2,100 or so in recorded history
    You're almost as close to being an atheist as I am.

30. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    @Sugar Bombs I agree. We're all agnostic. There will always be doubt in everybody's mind. Except lunatics. Because they're lunatics.

• Autism Autism x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • List