"WARNING: LINKS POSTED HERE LEAD TO COMPUTER VIRUSES"

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by Obsequious, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Obsequious

Obsequious
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

No, I am not trying to warn you about "computer viruses" on EDF2. What I'm actually doing is alerting you to the funniest God damned conversation currently taking place in eBay's user forums:

WARNING: LINKS POSTED HERE LEAD TO COMPUTER VIRUSES

Read the thread and you'll see that almost half a year ago, a mentally unstable eBay user calling himself bearly_used_treasures posted a cryptic message warning other eBay users that they might get a virus if they clicked links posted in the eBay toy forums.

As you'll see, hilarity ensued. For five God damned months. Pretty much everybody has pointed out that he's making a mountain of a molehill, but every naysayer only makes him even more determined to get his message out.

Anyway, I find it all very amusing. I'd laugh if somebody from EDF2 happened to post in his thread and say something that upset him.

2. Fumo161

Fumo161
    Expand Collapse
    Faggot

They just want to buy something, not infect their computers. People would rather drive to the store than take that risk, however hollow this threat may be.

3. placebo

placebo
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

*Old people.

I fucking love old people on the internet so much. My mom asked me the other day if we have google access.

Yes, mom. Yes we do.

4. Obsequious

Obsequious
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

No, this is the eBay toy forums we're talking about, not eBay sale listings. The people in the toy forums are mostly losers who want to post pics of the action figures they got at estate sales and have you identify them and tell you how much they're worth. It's like, Sorry dude, but that collection of Silverhawks and Thundercats figures is worth less than what it would cost to ship them.

5. Obsequious

Obsequious
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Somewhere in that thread, I believe the guy claims not to be a computer noob, and talks about his experience programming computers or some shit. If I'm remembering correctly, it would be the kind of experience a person might have acquired in the pre-Internet days. In other words, yes, this guy is fucking old and stupid. Please troll him.

6. placebo

placebo
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

No, that's something only fourteen year olds and/or toy collectors care about.