War for Drugs Gains Dangerous Ally

Discussion in 'News' started by MrGask, Mar 15, 2012.

1. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    pat-robertson_t470.

point
    counterpoint
    Just in case anyone was in doubt, the above articles are about and/or written by people who have outlived their brain.

2. Straucher

Straucher
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

This is the same man who thinks Jesus sends natural disasters to punish states that allow gay marriage. I don't think we should take his opinions seriously, even if he occasionally espouses a more progressive view on a subject.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Troll
    Home Page:
    No, he's right. I nevar did drugz either and detest drug use, but what people do in the privacy of their own homes, and to themselves, is their business.

We are spending way too much money on this shit, and we have a prison population of nearly 3 million (about the size of Chicago) and another 5 million on probation/parole (New York).

We throw people in jail for 16 years for having crack residue in their Girlfriend's purse. Unfucking real.

The real problem is the amount of money tied into this. Less Drug cases means less pay, and less positions (like Judge, Police Officer, and State's Attorney). How else are they going to justify their inflated budget?

They need to invent crimes in order to justify an inflated bureaucracy.

We seen this in California when they tried to ship out illegal aliens in prison (over a third, some argue 13% - still high), guess who was bitching about it the most? The unions for Correctional Officers.

Less prisoners = less Correctional Officers = Less money for unions.

4. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    Maybe I am not speeching the Americunt languages correct, but don't liberals want less people in jail? What does large govt have to do with throwing cunts in jail?

And Pat's right. I guess the whole drugs fiasco is so fucking obvious, even this blinkered philistine can see the truth.

5. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Marijuana isn't all that harmful.

are we really only going to have Nicotine, Alcohol, and Caffeine as the only legal drugs?

6. Kaiser

Kaiser
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Troll
    Home Page:
    I agree with you in the last paragraph but I will enlighten you as to the first. It doesn't matter.

The so called "liberals" that you would think would support prison/drug reform are actually for a larger prison population.

That is why we have the laws that we have now - Both Repubs and Dems love putting people in jail.

And that is why, despite two years of Democratic control, the drug situation was not touched by Obama. Instead, he had other things to do like fill out NCAA tournament brackets.

7. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    here is how we reduce prison overcrowding: execute junkies.

8. Trixie

Trixie
    Expand Collapse
    The Nicest Poster on EDF2

I work in a library.
    legalize marijuana.... tax it to high heaven.... solve govt budget problems.
    drug war against marijuana is over.

9. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    I don't think he really believes half the bullshit he spews, but knows it can make him money as a controversial figure. I wonder how long it is until we find out Pat has been sneaking the pot all along?

10. Kaiser

Kaiser
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Troll
    Home Page:
    No country has legalized drugs. Some do not inforce the laws (i.e. Amsterdam). I am for decriminalizing it, but it should be still grounds for termination in some careers. You wouldn't want your Pilot or Doctors on drugs. The idea we can, or should, solve our debt problems by legalizing drugs is fuckin stupid.

The Government should hand out tickets for Public use, not jail time.

11. luvur

luvur
    Expand Collapse
    Integrated Mind

Lulz
    Home Page:
    I could care less, I grow my own pot. In between harvests it's still easy to get. I only grow my own to save money. This is just another bullshit issue for politicians to brainwash stary-eyed college students with. Chances of it getting legalized are about as likely as Kibou getting laid. Eat my dick, washington.

@Helix @Dr. Rice Thoughts?

12. Helix

Helix
    Expand Collapse
    resident stoner

College, mang
    Home Page:
    He's right, but it doesn't make him any less of an annoying asshole. The funny thing is, Mary Jane is already our (U.S's) number-one cash crop, through medical use and limited production of hemp. Imagine the boost it would give the economy if we taxed and regulated it, and stopped spending so much fucking money policing borders and throwing potheads in prison. Even with taxation it would still be cheaper to purchase, because the shit is relatively easy and dirt cheap to grow outdoors, and drug dealers won't be able to monopolize the price anymore. Plus, store owners are less inclined to cut your shit with oregano and fiberglass, as opposed to the occasionally fucked up criminals you have to buy from on occasion.

If you guys really got me going, I could write pages and pages about this shit, I'm a fucking expert, I research this shit practically for fun. In fact, I almost wrote this huge Myths and Facts Essay for my 2000th post, but I figured you slobbering goons wouldn't appreciate it, save for a few of you.

13. Helix

Helix
    Expand Collapse
    resident stoner

College, mang
    Home Page:
    You're also right there, shit's not gonna be legalized for a long time. Not until our generation gets into congress and all of the fucking old men who don't know how the world works anymore get out. Even if a state legalizes it (which we keep getting closer every few months it seems) the federal gov't can still fuck our shit whenever they want.

14. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I am thinking about making my Islamic Studies essay about how the Qur'an supports pot and coca.

The reasons that marijuana is illegal is irrational and based on fear, much like why mushrooms, coca leaf, and LSD are also illegal (but the LSD is more complex than the others). You can feed, cloth, and get people high with it. If Utilitarianism had a plant, it would be marijuana.

15. Helix

Helix
    Expand Collapse
    resident stoner

College, mang
    Home Page:
    lol, couldn't have put it better myself. I'm fairly certain that there are a few bible verses as well that support the use of pot (or any plant for that matter). I think it's the one where God put all of the plants and animals on the earth to serve man. That, and of course the classic "God looked at everything he had made, and he saw that it was good." BUT WAIT, MARIJUANA DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE FUCK YOU

16. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I will not be able to have direct verses for support for either plant, but will have to use verses that can be used as circumstantial evidence for support. The internet has mixed thoughts about marijuana, half the people say it is an intoxicant, thus haram. However, the people who support it say marijuana is not an intoxicant. Also some people cite that Bedu smoke hash and these Bedu are extremely devout.

17. Helix

Helix
    Expand Collapse
    resident stoner

College, mang
    Home Page:
    I wouldn't know, I'm not exactly an expert on Buddhism.

18. luvur

luvur
    Expand Collapse
    Integrated Mind

Lulz
    Home Page:
    Isn't that old propaganda anti-marijuana propaganda in you're sig? I love that stuff, they made it seem even better than it really is.

19. Helix

Helix
    Expand Collapse
    resident stoner

College, mang
    Home Page:
    That's straight out of Reefer Madness, lol

20. luvur

luvur
    Expand Collapse
    Integrated Mind

Lulz
    Home Page:
    Yeah I Tineyed it after making the post. Looking through a bunch more right now too.

21. Helix

Helix
    Expand Collapse
    resident stoner

College, mang
    Home Page:
    In all seriousness, I'm curious why you've chosen to take a class in Islamic studies. Is it a purely personal/spiritual thing, or do you plan on working in something related to Islamic studies for a living?

22. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    To be honest, I got interested in Islam because I experienced very similar events to that which the Prophet Muhammad experienced during his revelations as described by Ibn Khaldun's work the Muqaddimah. As an occultist I found this incredibly interesting and troubling. I don't experience these revelations anymore, either because they have gone away completely given their nature or more will come in time.

However, despite my religious reasons for going in, I want to work for the government or a think tank that deals with Middle Eastern Affairs. The Arab Spring and the rise of Islamist Parties are not going to go away any time soon. And given the general stupidity in our government and intellectual circles about Islam and the region, they could use all the help they can get.

23. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    It's not propaganda. Seriously pot fucks up people's lives.

24. luvur

luvur
    Expand Collapse
    Integrated Mind

Lulz
    Home Page:
    You don't really think it makes people have orgies, beat their wives, and even murder right?

25. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Marijuana can cause psychosis.

26. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    It can.

So can overeating, a sedentary lifestyle, or too much BET. The point being that anything can fuck up someones life if they let it.

27. luvur

luvur
    Expand Collapse
    Integrated Mind

Lulz
    Home Page:
    I'll admit it when I first started I would sometimes hear weird shit. Like a car pulling up in the driveway or someone calling my name. I chalk that up to paranoia of my parents catching me. Never had any visual hallucinations at all, and never heard anyone else honestly say they have. False beliefs, well now that is for sure. Though only to an extent. Does it make people think aliens are going to come down from marz and turn everyone into their buttslaves, or that the cia implanted micro-chips in their head? I would say only if they were crazy in the first place. For most its just hippie bullshit like "save the earth, mannn" or "mother nature has feelings too, mannn". Not much worse than that, imo.

28. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    From what I've seen for mental problems to arise from smoking pot: you need to smoke the most potent pot and hash everyday, multiple times a day, for a period of eight months.

29. luvur

luvur
    Expand Collapse
    Integrated Mind

Lulz
    Home Page:
    I've smoked it daily since I was 15. In the past 3-4 years been smoking mid-sometimes high grade exclusively. Hash is pretty hard to find where I am and I've only ever smoked it a few times. I hear it can get up to 90% thc, whereas bud can only be 20-30% at best. Is that the longest you've gone smoking it straight, or just "what you've seen"? What's your personal opinion?

30. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Its what I've seen, but he also has pre-existing mental problems, but also I've heard stoners talk about perma-high