Videogame "culture" and Lifestyle

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by ExplosiveDiareah, Apr 13, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

WARNING Pointless discussion ahead.

I don't know about you, but something has to be said about this videogame culture that has grown up over the years, and by grown up i mean grown, there is nothing mature adult or grown up about videogamers, it's become a fucking lifestyle "I'm a videogamer" is what the tards introduce themselves at in social meetings, it's all like they revolve their lives around videogames.
    And then there's the worst thing about it, Videogame culture videos

Shit like Zero Punctuation and pretty much everything else to do with EscapistMagazine.com or Destructoid, it's all just neurotic and mind numbing that people talk far too in depth about shit that's just a form of entertainment.

Movies can get away with a little bit more than videogames with big in depth discussions because Movies DO have titles with plots that are well thought out and complex that make good discussion about how we each interpreted it or thought of it.
    People do take that too far but this is a different story..

Videogame humour has always been lame shit, ever seen VGcats? CTRL ALT DELETE?
    You remembered them? good.. but just for kicks here's an example..

[​IMG]
    EXPLAINING THE OBVIOUS IS FUNNY RIGHT?
    PEOPLE AREN'T FINDING THIS FUNNY FOR ANY TRANSPARENT REASON OTHER THAN THAT HAPPENS IN MINECRAFT.

Videogames used to be good "But then it took an arrow to the knee" LMFAO OMG ROFL SO FUNNY SKYRIM SAID THAT.
    Videogamers used to be alive TILL THEY TOOK A BULLET TO THE HEAD I sound like William Shatner chewing out Trekkies it's pointless but it needs saying, WILL VIDEOGAMERS EVER GET A LIFE? (Nope)

Videogamer is not an attractive trait you should look for in a girlfriend either, they probably look like a blub of shit.

2. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Only answer: Hire someone like David Lynch to make a videogame.

3. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Also in before this thread becomes a discussion about gamer girls.

4. DDshoeshowz

DDshoeshowz
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

I just want to voice my agreement - I hate the sweaty whores at my school who are a part of the video game club here on campus. :(

5. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Another thing, Nintendolt littleboys on the inside, 30 year olds who still play Mario Zelda Pokemon and the other kiddy shit, they will scream loudly if you tell them they are into kids games.
    I didn't grow up with Mario but i did enjoy it but i don't consider it mature or anything other than a kids title, especially with the more recent ones in the last decade, anybody can enjoy Mario, but for fuck faggots sake GROW UP AND GET A LIFE stop going all emo faggot who cuts himself because they are too attached to their childhood favorite.

We all know Nintendo adults who grew up in the 80's are going to be pedophiles anyway, their only wingman is their Gameboys and DS's and the only pussy their going to be able to chat up over it is a 12 year old girl, it will go pretty far, till the Parents spot them, a strange nerdy unkempt nerd with a kids toy talking to another kid with the same toy, and then come charging at the Basement dweller packing 12 gauge shotguns.

6. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    You say that like it has already happened to you.
    Also;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    tell yourself it is just a kids game as you slaughter entire races of beings to rescue an already tarnished and ravished princess.

7. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT KILLING MUSHROOMS AND TURTLES.

it's happened to ALL of us, we've all experienced video game culture and how absolutely fucking apalling it is.

8. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    HAI GUIS!
    Is someone talking about webcomics over here?

9. Die In A Fire

Die In A Fire
    Expand Collapse
    Presutable Woard

Gree Guy Clone
    Home Page:
    No just some guy complaining because his daddy beat him lol

10. DDshoeshowz

DDshoeshowz
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

I think computer video game culture is the worse

It is very rare you hear cases of people giving up their life to play PlayStation full time or someone quitting school for the Nintendo Wii. So what is it with the computer that makes it so special? What makes it corrupt the youth and even adults into quitting living their real lives to live in a virtual one of some kind. Because that is what happen, the major danger of computer games is how emotionally attached you can be to them and the people in it. I am mostly referring to online games here of course, but anyways you can make some really good friends in online games. And eventually you might find spending time with them more fun and important than your real life. This is the major danger without a doubt. You stop living your own life to live the person you are playing in the games life. At that moment you see no harm in it, it is innocent fun and you can stop at anytime. At least you think so, but you actually can't. You will find it hard to stop unless the person or people you are playing with are stopping as well and it can keep you in the game for hours at the time. It is a truly unique thing to online games as single player games can be paused, saved and stopped at any time.
    So I would say it is one major danger to look for when you play computer games. Online games. Those are the most addictive and time consuming games out there and can destroy parts of your life. It sounds drastic I know, but it is just so. A lot of people can play online games without a problem, good for them, but if you are playing your first be careful. Always check the signs for addiction. Do you eat enough? Do you sleep enough? Do you miss out on any school or work days? If the answer to any of those are no you should KILL YOURSELF

11. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

While Bill O'reilly and Jack Thompson are actually spot on that videogames waste life, i am specifically talking about people who make their games everything videogame, it's the only thing they talk about when not playing videogames, videogames videogames, videogames, on and on, it's like twilight fans and star wars nerds, avatards, people who have no life because they spend all their time worshipping the absolute shit other people make.
    and lol videogames cause violence.

12. DDshoeshowz

DDshoeshowz
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

I feel like that's more of a nerd-ism than specifically related to the video game culture.

13. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I am aware of that.
    Does anybody remember Pissedoffvideogamer? the big fat guy who causes an earthquake when he falls back in his chair?
    He is a perfect illustration about how every faggot nobody out there does "Game videos" and talks about games.
    and they often piss me off because when i want official shit about videogames they tend to try to hijack traffic by making a shitty commentary about their opinions of the upcoming title and their "idea's"
    they seem to honestly believe that they should be paid to stay at home and talk about video games on camera.
    All videogame reviewers are filth and scum and contribute NOTHING to the universe, and should be purged.
    THEY ARE NOT FUNNY OR WITTY. - What everyone else has said before.

14. DDshoeshowz

DDshoeshowz
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

I don't want this thread to get derailed though, as in general nerdisms because there is something particularly infuriating about the video game culture. What is it?

I, for one, believe it is arrogance. Which causes some game developers, like Blizzard, to strike back:

http://www.destructoid.com/blizzard...-with-unicorns-that-poo-rainbows-120463.phtml

And elitism:

[​IMG]

15. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Weeaboo faggots only buy things that come out in japan.
    you also have weaboo faggot videogamers, there isn't much difference between the two except what games they play, weeaboo's only play pedophile loli colour explosion games that have jack shit going on as far as being an interactive medium (Eternal Sonata)
    And Videogamerz who play Halo COD, COD2 COD3 COD4 COD4 1/2 COD4 3/4 COD 4 4/4 Modern Warfare Modern Warfare 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 CAll of Duty 10 Future Warefare 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

16. luvur

luvur
    Expand Collapse
    Integrated Mind

Lulz
    Home Page:
    I play shooters casually, so what? I still have a life and couldn't care less what people say about them. I think video games are like pot. They don't fuck up your life, retardation does. If you're a retard spastic in the first place, vidya games aren't going to be any different for you.

17. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

We're not talking about you, we're talking about the Video game lifestyle and culture, such as people who cannot sleep at night because Roger Ebert doesn't consider videogames as art, and that MSM doesn't take videogames "seriously".

18. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

A few debacles from the so called "videogame culture and lifestyle" that I find amusing:

-The fact that some of these kids make all the trouble to make a dumb video review/MST3K-like esque parody video because they want to emulate the Angry Video Nerd Man and people like him
    -The pointless creation of the "casual gamers vs. hardcore gamers" discussion. Seriously, why?
    -Gamer girls
    -Sexism in the fighting game "community"
    -'Tea-bagging' in online games... Whoever created that must be retarded. At the first time I saw that, I wondered if the other player was having some kind of spasm

19. Bass

Bass
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Better than you
    If you list video games as your main hobby then you need to get laid. One of the best decisions I made was selling my Xbox when I graduated from college and I wasn't even much of a gamer and never said it was one of my hobbies. Sure, I'll still play games on my computer every now and then, but honestly I feel like I'm wasting my time and typically stop after 20 minutes to do something more productive.

20. Akula

Akula
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

n/a
    Home Page:
    Well personally, I see video games as the expansion of the ability to convey a story. Bioshock condensed Atlas Shrugged basically, and gave its own story. Assassin's Creed II was modeled off of The Prince. The Halo series has a really in-depth story, and it's only growing. I don't play games for the online, I play them for the story.
    I love reading, don't get me wrong, but video games are an excuse to change it up. Movies are only so long, and aren't interactive.

21. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Best way to see Videogame Culture retards in Action is to visit http://www.escapistmagazine.com or Neogaf, but Neogaf is inaccessible to everyone in the world.
    So go with escapist and have a look to the right at the new threads, it's allways discussions about.

Stories in videogames
    Gender roles in videogames
    what video game would you make
    if you could be a video game character what would you be?
    list your favorite games
    what are you playing right now
    videogames as art
    videogames and film.

My hobby is well my new hobby is antiquing, but videogames were never a hobby to me, it's a form of entertainment, NOT a hobby.
    Videogames are more rewarding to play if you've had a big day and got allot done.

22. DDshoeshowz

DDshoeshowz
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

I agree, I don't believe that video games are bad in their own right, but it certainly is a time-sink. Video games demand your time and I think that's where people get stuck. Its not that your time has to be spent doing something productive all the time, but it appears that video games are counter productive in the sense that they take away from the time when you actually do want to get work done.

23. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Not only that but people also pass up events such as going out for dinner with family and friends, going to the movies, going on a camping trip, going down town for a day, out for lunch, out for a walk.
    They pass it all up to stay at home and play videogames.

Often when on holiday, they try to bring their videogames with them, imagine that, being on holiday in Ontario or Florida, Hawaii or Cairns, or even better, frasiers island, and just sit in the hotel room playing videogames.
    People who go out camping tend to take their laptops WITH THEM or at least a smartphone, i carry a smartphone now adays, but i only use it for basic phone things, and would take it with me for emergency purposes only.
    it's only when i get stuck at a bus stop i will play a quick game or read some dirty jokes,
    but you have people who camp out to all these lovely places, and they GET ON THEIR LAPTOP and Faceshit and Shitter.

Camping is supposed to be about disconnecting from modern life and going back to basics.
    As a kid i always felt basics was important, i even wanted to give up life with technology if it came along and it still remains my dream to built a little get away cabin somewhere to live and work in a garden patch during the day and practice homestead skills.
    Simply put.

People today have less of a life than people in the 80's
    people with 1 month to live with terminal cancer LIVE MORE than your typical teenager who has YEARS ahead of them, and will end up living less than a person who had less time but lived more than they ever will.

24. DDshoeshowz

DDshoeshowz
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

25. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Any camper should have a functioning cell phone for making emergency calls because who knows what can happen, even on regularly visited and used locations.
    But the cellular data tower should only allow calls and messages, anybody using the internet and streaming heavy media gets kicked.

26. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

That article was not too bad, having some music is probably lovely for outdoors, it's an australian staple, but the ending statement is absolutely correct, don't watch movies or play games when your camping, save it for a rainy day.

I used to love rainy days, till i found it makes me smell like a wet dog and you get itchy as hell.

27. DDshoeshowz

DDshoeshowz
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Tell me, has something personally happened to you that makes you so adamant against vidya game culture? I just ask, because I've only really come upon the negative aspects once I got to my college's video game club, having stayed away from both that and the Japanese Culture club in my high school.

But I haven't personally had any problem with such culture before in my personal life!

28. Chainsaw surgeon

Chainsaw surgeon
    Expand Collapse
    EDF's anal hookworm

cockless
    Don't forget all of those pointless arguments and whining.
    "OMG the company that made my favorite gaem put something in there I didn't want, RUINED FOREVER!11!1"

29. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Hmm, other than the fact ALL Forums related to videogames always has elitism and instant banning ESPECIALLY if some faggot nigger butt sniffing no life tries to report your post and call you out, but you call up the rules and tell them "Nope, Nope, wait a minute, no, i've read the rules it says here/says nothing about my post being in the wrong"

They throw a hissy fit either crying TROLL! or "You're a smart ass i hate smart asses banned!"

Essentially KNOWING the rules, is grounds for being banned.

Other then that, I'm siding with the old people who said videogames were bad, and you know what, they WERE RIGHT, if your parents limited your videogame time when you were a kid, it's because they didn't want you to have no social life, they want you to go outside, play with the other kids, get fit.

I never had too much problems when i was 8-14 because i self regulated my time playing games, i went outside every hour and had a bounce on a trampoline, rode the bike, or if it was the weekend it would be getting as many hours of the day in hanging out with my friends back then, i tended to get bored of games after a while, feel cramped and restless.
    I allways had a point where i wanted fresh air and to see people.

Unfortunately i've seen people who today at that age i was at back then, just sit and play games unless they are forced to do something else (housework homework school) they are very reluctant and go kicking and screaming away from the console, or computer, it's even been in the news a few times these insane kids on MMORPGS who will NOT go to school and chuck VIOLENT tantrums if they do not get their way, their parents not wanting their rental house destroyed, are at a loss (THANKS child abuse laws for taking away spanking)

And i mean simple chores like feed the dog, put your rubbish in the bin, clean your plate after eating, putting away what you take out of the cupboard, they refuse to do it. I've SEEN IT.

It's fucking pathetic, and on a broader scope of things, this current generation of videogame no lifers also learn how to be smart asses by learning a bit about the law (which suits them) such as "YOU CANNOT MAKE ME DO WHAT I DON'T WANT TO I DON'T WANT TO DO SCHOOL WORK I DON'T WANT TO GO OUTSIDE, I DON'T WANT TO TAKE OUT THE GARBAGE I DON'T WANT TO TURN OFF THE GAME I HATE YOU"

So if you know and have seen this shit go on, like me you will probably be glad if those paranoid preppers on Youtube who think 2013 is the year we get a grid destroying solar storm actually happens.
    With their crutch destroyed they will have no choice but to go outside and GET A FUCKING LIFE.

And hopefully society in the social way will improve vastly, people pity or ridicule the Amish, when the Amish of Pennsylvania have the greatest treasure many people these days will never have, fellowship friendship and true community spirit.

Fuck i'm writing essays now.

30. Chainsaw surgeon

Chainsaw surgeon
    Expand Collapse
    EDF's anal hookworm

cockless