1. Email server is down and i have to manually confirm accounts at the moment. Check forum regularly to see if your account has been approved, you wont get an email. Sorry about the wait
    Dismiss Notice

US to act while the UN finds it's balls.

Discussion in 'Hard Gay Chats' started by Call me Tim, Apr 6, 2017.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums

Encyclopedia Dramatica is being sued by a very wealthy serial litigator. This is not just another "gimme shekels for server" - the future of ED is at stake. We are asking for donations to fund our legal battle, all money raised goes entirely towards attorney fees. Please help with whatever you can, every donation is deeply appreciated.

Donate to the Encyclopedia Dramatica Legal FundJoin the Discussion Thread

1. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Nyan

Bullshit Artist.
    This should be no surprise. We should have taken out Iran in 1980.

2. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    :D You're confusing gays with muslims.

3. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Nyan

Bullshit Artist.
    And gays.

4. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Putin is a social liberal in the western sense. I'm not even being sarcastic. The only reason he has stayed on for so long (and not prevented or even instituted anti-liberal measures) is because he's trying to fix the damage done to Russia and Russians when Gorbachev ruined what was left of the economy and Yeltsin sold the country to Jews.

Like it or not, there's no alternative to Putin. All "alternatives" are insane, incompetent or another Yeltsin. If Putin hadn't risen to power then Russia would be in the same situation the Ukraine is in today: Run by a pseudo-democratic, kleptocratic, quasi-fascist junta.

5. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    This is true, once you take away Putin and Medvedev, United Russia has no strong party leader

Also people complain a lot about that party being in power so long, but thats because they apparently are not aware that the second most powerful party in Russia is the Communist Party

6. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Nyan

Bullshit Artist.
    Putin is there because he set the stage. He ordered the previous president to step down so he could run again. Putin has been running the country since he came to power. As as far as liberal? Is it a liberal value to suppress the press with abductions and beat downs? Putin is the new Communist. All the brutality, but twice the charisma.

The only real differences between the Soviet Union and Russia is the flag and the area of the country. He's trying to fix that second discrepancy. Don't get me wrong, I think some things are good. Like trying to preserve Russian culture and not have the popular culture overrun with gheyness. But, largely not much else has changed. The bulk of the citizenry lives in shitty looking slums unless you are part of the gilded population. Probably the most successful rebrandings in modern history.

7. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Of course in some ways it is the same as the SU, you cant just flick a switch and change an entire culture.

The shitty slums they live in is because they were already built. Were you expecting them to knock everything down and start again?

8. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    It is 100% liberal to suppress liberties if the alternate is bringing individuals and parties to power who will abolish anything resembling liberalism in Russia either directly or indirectly.

He has zero interest in expanding Russia beyond Crimea. Two states in Georgia and two states in the Ukraine are de facto independent and want to join Russia but Putin doesn't want it.

Putin has always been an idealogical liberal. He wants to turn Russia into something resembling western Europe minus the poz.

I'm indifferent to his plans (again, no alternatives) but I don't think his goals are possible because Russia is highly decentralised and unpopulated.

9. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    It has more to do with entire cities having been built by the USSR that serve no economic purpose in a market sense. (Siberia's greatest population growth was under Stalin and during WW2.) Even today you have entire cities that're more or less subsidised by the government.

Raising the standard of living by itself is retarded. The reason cities exist is because of the logistics of industry. It's their entire purpose. Rebuild and restart the factories, the mines, the farms, etc and the situation will improve over time.

10. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Nyan

Bullshit Artist.
    No. I was expecting them to change the system actually, which they can/could do.

You're confusing liberalism with totalitarianism.
    Complete bullshit. The annex of Crimea is completely illegal. It's like SoCal joining Mexico because the majority of the population is of Mexican nationality. And the Ukraine. :| Seriously? Sources have proved and shown and re-shown, many of the Ukrainian protesters, militant and not are actually Russian soldiers.
    And -- LOL no.
    From his Aug. 1999 speech.
    • Russia's territorial integrity is not subject to negotiation. Or, especially, to horse trading or blackmail. We will take tough action against anyone who infringes upon our territorial integrity, using all the legal means available to us.
    • Russia has been a great power for centuries, and remains so. It has always had and still has legitimate zones of interest abroad in both the former Soviet lands and elsewhere. We should not drop our guard in this respect, neither should we allow our opinion to be ignored.
    His government is not.

11. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Sphere's of influence aren't territorial ambition, dude. Also, I never claimed Crimea was legal. Although I find it funny that an American nationalist is pointing out that other nations aren't following international laws or norms.

And the people of Crimea and Donbass do actually want to separate from the Ukraine if not join Russia. Not that it matters since the Kiev regime violated a treaty giving naval rights to Russia in Crimea. As far as I'm concerned Russia has more legal authority to fuck up the Kiev regime than, say, any of America's interventions since saving Saudi Arabia in 1991.

12. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    I think CMTs problem is that he was born somewhere around 1960 (going by the information he has given out), therefore he has spent his entire life being told that the Russians are pure evil

I however, growing up in the "The Russians used to be real pieces of shit and now they're kind of ok, but still never trust them" era, can have more of an open mind

13. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

Haha what a tool. The only things Putin cares about is control and money.

14. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Nyan

Bullshit Artist.
    No! But YOU!! :rolleyes: The fact of the matter is the state owns the real estate.
    We stopped invading for real estate by the turn of the last century. Kiev regime gave navel rights to Russia when? They were set to expire by mid century. You're not so naive to say Putin wasn't thinking ahead are you? Forcing a permanent extension by inserting the military is rather extreme and not the same in any sense.

Well there is sufficient evidence in which the Russian Fed is acting no different than the Soviets.

15. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

The only real difference is the russian fed is shit broke because Putin keeps his net worth over 50b, whereas Stalin gave that money to poor countries to spread influence

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Nyan

Bullshit Artist.
    Weapon sales are what are used on both sides to sway influence.

17. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Dont know what you're complaining about

If you remove the current government, which you perceive as communist, you will be left with a government that is literally communist, and very angry and bitter about being out of power for the last 30 years

18. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    The election fraud that Putin is regularly accused of (rightfully) is the only thing that stopped the Communists coming back into power in 96

19. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

Pffft they stopped being communist decades ago. Russia is the world's only spy-state and its centralized economy is closer to nazi germany than the soviet union.

20. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    What