1. Email server is down and i have to manually confirm accounts at the moment. Check forum regularly to see if your account has been approved, you wont get an email. Sorry about the wait
    Dismiss Notice

US to act while the UN finds it's balls.

Discussion in 'Hard Gay Chats' started by Call me Tim, Apr 6, 2017.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums

Encyclopedia Dramatica is being sued by a very wealthy serial litigator. This is not just another "gimme shekels for server" - the future of ED is at stake. We are asking for donations to fund our legal battle, all money raised goes entirely towards attorney fees. Please help with whatever you can, every donation is deeply appreciated.

Donate to the Encyclopedia Dramatica Legal FundJoin the Discussion Thread

1. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Yes what does this prove?

2. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Nyan

Bullshit Artist.
    Possibly. If NK can "blitzkreig" and "human wave" the southern peninsula as they did in 1950, call on China to stall in the UN; they could effectively take the south. Now whether or not the UN (unlikely) would intervene, or NATO which really doesn't want to get bogged down in another war when Putin and the ME are at the gates, it might be a decisive and permanent victory. I think NK has over 3000 arty pieces aimed at Seoul alone. This doesn't include missiles or rockets. If they have enough rounds for their arty pieces which some reports, report they do, they could literally level Seoul in a matter of hours. If Kim has the patience and the timing it could work. Mitigating factor: LOL no.

Whether NK can keep SK under control without massive purges, which I gather would gather nothing more than scorn and "powerful" speeches from the UN, is a different matter.
    SK has strict gun control laws so a fall-back armed citizenry/guerillas is really not an option.

3. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Nyan

Bullshit Artist.
    Are you not familiar with Jane's?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    • List
  4. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Are you not familiar with what a source is?

A source is not a website quoting stuff from other people. A source is the source, says it in the name

• lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol x 1
    • List
  5. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Nyan

Bullshit Artist.
    A cited source is a sited source. Now if the source is iffy like Wiki then perhaps you should follow up with others as I had done.

I guess you are not familiar with Jane's. You should check out the site. You would be pleasantly surprised I imagine.
    Jane's is older than you think.
    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/ihs-janes-360/
    Capture.PNG

6. SnugglyWugglyBlanket

SnugglyWugglyBlanket
    Expand Collapse
    Warm & Cozy

Blanket
    Come on Trump...Don't blue ball me like this, you're rattling the cages of 2 nuclear powers and still nothing has happened. Christ, please don't let this be a repeat of the cold war...

7. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    I dont think you understand my original question

If the intelligence agencies themselves say that this is only probable information about NK, then why are you repeating it as an argument, and citing media outlets that repeat it, as a fact

8. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Oh dear

Screenshot_20170426-195217.

This is definitely going to calm the situation down

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • oy vey oy vey x 1
    • List
  9. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Nyan

Bullshit Artist.
    Range and payload are not probables. Bought obsolete Soviet subs/missile designs and technologies are not probables, poor NK copies of those subs are not probables.

Numbers eh yes are probables. However, Soviets/Russia have long been playing the game of give Asia enough weapons and technology to keep the west worried but not too much as to be a direct threat to Soviet/Russia for a long time now.

The Russians/Soviets have long been concerned about the billion Chinese at their eastern boarder.

10. haeByung

haeByung
    Expand Collapse
    Best Moves in the Family

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA

holy shit you're so retarded

11. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Range and payload are most certainly probables. Actually i would call them more guesses than anything

NK have never been able to do a real range test of their missiles because of their location, and all of their nuclear tests have been underground which literally every intelligence agency on the planet says only gives them a rough idea of within +-50kt at best

Why are you stating information as fact with no evidence

Change your name to CNN and your title to Fake News

• lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol x 2
    • List
  12. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Nyan

Bullshit Artist.
    The soviet missile designs are tested and proven. The sub designs are tested and proven. The NK copies are perhaps estimates considering their QC department, or the lack there of. However, it is reasonable to presume that the missiles/subs/other military hardware, if properly made would have the same payload and range within an acceptable window of capability, which the NK's have proven.

50KT? LOL no. The NK's don't that capability, more like 10-15KT which is about the size of the Hiroshima bomb.

Jane's 360 is highly reputable, unlike CNN.

13. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Nyan

Bullshit Artist.
    What if anything did I state was untrue?

14. haeByung

haeByung
    Expand Collapse
    Best Moves in the Family

Your post is so retarded that I don't even know how to respond.

You really need to stop pretending to know things you obviously have no idea about

• lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol x 1
    • List
  15. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Nyan

Bullshit Artist.
    So you don't know what I said was untrue. K. Got it. You're just butthurt because, "MUH KOREA." Got it.

Are you not familiar with the Korean war? Being Korean doesn't imbue you with knowledge of all things Korean.

16. haeByung

haeByung
    Expand Collapse
    Best Moves in the Family

ehhh I usually don't care enough to participate in these pointless discussion especially with someone as autistic as Tim but whatever

Let me simply put into context what you're suggesting

South Korea

Total GDP(PPP) $1.9865 trillion
    GDP per capita(PPP) $37,740
    Population: 51 million
    Military Budget: $43.8 billion

North Korea

Total GDP(Nominal) $0.04 trillion
    GDP per capita(PPP) $1,800
    Population: 25 million
    Military budget: $7.5 billion

So you're saying North Korea can "blitzkreig" and "human wave" a country with an economy 50 times as large, with a military budget more than 6 times as large and population twice as large? Against a military that's incomparably better equipped and trained than they are? And then occupy it? Seriously?

Also, if you haven't noticed, something called a satellite was invented a long time ago, so SK and the U.S. is monitoring NK's every move. 1950 type surprise attack is impossible.

...what the fuck

North Korea signed an armistice with the U.S. (not South Korea) in 1953. Invading South Korea is not just starting a war with Korea, but also the U.S.

There are 30,000 American troops stationed in Korea, in addition to 50,000 American troops stationed in Japan that's ready to land in the Korean peninsula the moment a war starts.

lol

You think North Korea can "level Seoul in a matter of hours" with this piece of shit? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koksan_(artillery)

Although it's 170mm caliber, it fires artillery shells that weigh only 20 kg to maximize range. Its fire power is equivalent to a 105mm Howitzer. You can't even bring down a concrete building with that thing, let alone "level" an entire city.
    Also its rate of fire is about 1~2 round in 5 MINUTES. If you know anything about artillery that's insanely pathetic.

On the other side of the border, South Korean military is equipped with this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K9_Thunder, which is widely regarded as one of the best self-propelled howitzer in the world.

Also, North Koreans have almost no anti-aircraft capabilities and their air force is a joke. Our air force is always on standby to strike the North Korean artillery the moment they start firing.

North Korean artillery won't last an hour.

:picard:
    :picard::picard::picard::picard:

You see, every Korean males serve minimum 2 years in the military. After that they're in the reserves for 8 more years and train every year in a nearby military base. Every DISTRICT in my city(seoul) has a military base for the reserves. It's 30 minute walk from my house. And it's the same way in the rest of the country.

The moment a war starts almost every Korean male in their 20's and early 30's will be fully armed within an hour and ready to go to war.

I'm sure you'll respond with some inane bullshit and try to start some retarded debate, but Tim, seriously stop acting like you know stuff you obviously don't

• Informative Informative x 2
    • I Fapped I Fapped x 1
    • List
  17. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
  18. Nein

Nein
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Is their conventional artillery guns Korean War era? As in ~60 years old? If so are the shells they would use in them also sexagenarians?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    • List
  19. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Nyan

Bullshit Artist.
    Really irrelevant.
    Best Korea.
    One estimate from The Military Balance is formally used by the Japanese government. It suggests North Korea's military personnel are around 1,020,000 in the ground forces, 60,000 in the navy, and 11,000 in the air force. However, no clear explanation is provided as to how these figures were obtained.

But North Korea may have accidentally published its number of military personnel. It implemented two population censuses – one in 1993 and one in 2008. As the censuses were supported by the UN Population Fund and South Korea's Foundation for Inter-Korean Cooperation, North Korea was obliged to report the data.
    The discrepancy in the 1993 census is of 691,027 persons, while in the 2008 census, it is of 702,373 persons. This means that roughly 700,000 people are not registered in administrative districts.
    http://voxeu.org/article/how-big-north-korean-army-evidence-missing-population
    vs.
    Not completely bad Korea
    SK to cut army from 640,000 to 522,000 by 2022, with the ministry citing the country’s declining birth rate as the reason for the downsizing. All able-bodied men are required to complete two years of military service, but officials say fewer men will be available to serve.

The bulk of the cuts will come from the Army, which relies heavily on men completing their mandatory service, with the number of soldiers expected to be cut from 498,000 to 387,000. Other branches of the military are expected to maintain their current troop levels: 41,000 for the Navy, 65,000 for the Air Force and 29,000 for the Marines.
    https://www.stripes.com/news/pacifi...ed-forces-by-a-fifth-in-next-8-years-1.273293

Human wave attacks are successful if you have enough people to use up. So yes. It did happen in 1950 when peaceful and loving state of Best Korea was brutally and dishonestly attacked byNot completely bad Korea. It happened again when Best Korea enlisted China's help for only the possibility for China to gain glory against the Mericans in 51 and push them back to the 38th parallel.
    Again are you not familar with the Korean war?

Did satellites stop these surprise attacks?
    Yeonpyeong, Cheonan, and others?

It's fool-hearty to think all US forces would immediately leave Japan for Korea in the event of an attack. For one most simply don't have that capability to do so, they wouldn't be needed because of their specialty and or they would be needed to coorinate troops and supplies to the Korean theater.

30,000 American troops -- this is misleading. Not all of these are members of combat units so actual fighting force is actually smaller. But, if Best Korea's arty is so weak then why --

“Americans are moving bases out of the DMZ and out of Seoul further south,” Pempel said. The move from Yongsan Garrison to a new base 40 miles south of the capital is projected to cost the U.S. $7 billion, according to the Associated Press.

In a word, yes. To be dismissive of Best Korea's ability to destroy with the weapons they have is product of propaganda and over confidence.

A single volley from the North Korean artillery, the report said, “could deliver more than 350 metric tons of explosives across the South Korean capital, roughly the same amount of ordnance dropped by 11 B-52 bombers.”
    https://www.stratfor.com/analysis/how-north-korea-would-retaliate

Scales said, “but there’s lots of them.” Could the North Korea guns be taken down? “Sure, over time,” he said. “But by the time we do that, the damage they’d inflict on Seoul would just be staggering.”
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/north-korea-artillery_us_58f631a4e4b0b9e9848eb990

Then what purpose?
    A countervalue attack, on the other hand, is intended to shock South Korea by causing significant civilian casualties and damage to economically critical infrastructure.
    https://www.stratfor.com/analysis/how-north-korea-would-retaliate

Complete destruction is not neccessary only damage to the point of being either unusable or looking to be as such.
    Dunno where you got the idea that artery especially 105 can't destroy concrete or stone buildings. Quite a number of them did so in the WW2, Korean war, etc., etc., etc. While it's rate of fire is abysmally slow agreed, which is more attributed to poor training of the crews, you over look it's other chief ability, mobility. You can't target something which is no longer there. Plus, this very unit is capable of hitting Seoul.
    Plus, all arty have long range munitions. :D

The North Koreans “pose a threat today, with their hundreds of thousands of rockets within rocket range of Seoul, to the 28,500 American troops that are posted there, their families, the hundreds of thousands of Americans who work in Korea, and our Korean ally and Japan,” Adm. Harold B. Harris, the senior U.S. military commander in the Pacific, told the Senate Armed Services Committee last year.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/north-korea-artillery_us_58f631a4e4b0b9e9848eb990

Provided they can leave for the base or if they have somewhere to mobilize.

...the ministry citing the country’s declining birth rate as the reason for the downsizing. All able-bodied men are required to complete two years of military service, but officials say fewer men will be available to serve.
    https://www.stripes.com/news/pacifi...ed-forces-by-a-fifth-in-next-8-years-1.273293

It is safe to assume Best Korea knows this also, so why not target those bases with their most sophisticated and long range arty or rockets? Even if they don't destroy the base or cause significant damage they would slow the mobilization of Not completely bad Korea at the root level. Perhaps, even stop that local from being readied for service. Who are to arm them then and with what weapons?
    Not everything goes to plan. And war is not a controlled experiment. Your counterpoints stress the need for Best Korea to win quickly.

#499 Call me Tim, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    • Tl;dr Tl;dr x 1
    • Autism Autism x 1
    • List
  20. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Nyan

Bullshit Artist.
    No. But NK munitions are terrible.