"Trapwire" and why Americans should be worried.

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by Stormtrooper, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Sentient Game-Boy Thingie
    Home Page:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

'Trapwire', ladies and gentlemen, is the name of a program revealed in the latest Wikileaks bonanza—it is a HELL of a leak, by the way. Trapwire is bringing to light how our very own government is creating/deploying a 'Big Brother' type system right under our noses. Former senior intelligence officials have created a detailed surveillance system more accurate than modern facial recognition technology—and have installed it across the U.S. under the radar of most Americans, and under the guise of 'traffic enforcement'

And someone out there seems to be quite disappointed that word is getting out so swiftly; the Wikileaks web site is reportedly sustaining 10GB worth of DDoS attacks each second, which is massive.

Sources:

http://www.businessinsider.com/trapwire-everything-you-need-to-know-2012-8

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1014189696

http://www.trapwire.com/trapwire.html

http://venturebeat.com/2012/08/10/wikileaks-trapwire-stratfor-cia/

http://wikileaks.org/

But, you know, none of our countrymen won't care, because we're more obsessed over what latest Hollywood couple broke up, or who won American Idol, or the new Justin Bieber album to take notice.

• Like Like x 5
    • oy vey oy vey x 1
    • List
  2. Azrael

Azrael
    Expand Collapse
    Destroyer of Worlds

sad sack of shit
    Eek. Read the first two articles-they don't seem to have done anything with them yet (you know, used them in court cases as evidence or whatnot) but is that something we should be worried about? Forgive me if I seem ignorant, I'm just not sure how this stacks up against other stuff, like, you know, traffic cameras and such.

3. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Sentient Game-Boy Thingie
    Home Page:
  4. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse
    2017 Faggot Of The Year

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    Moar:

http://hongpong.com/archives/2012/0...ubbing-trapwire-related-websites-down-dns-not

5. Voodeuxfy

Voodeuxfy
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I build cool shit, and investments.
    Home Page:
    I've been mooning those things for so many years... Hope they got the good side of my ass.

6. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    Anus recognition software is currently in beta.

Beware.

7. Voodeuxfy

Voodeuxfy
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    Still, US Military has been in the process of trying to gain better information dominance for years now.

8. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
  9. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    If there is anything more annoying than government overreaching its liberal dkye-bullshit scaremongering. Ok. So the video cameras, installed on SOME areas, may be more accurate at recording some things. What convinces you the government is at all capable of you know, DOING anything with this. London has a system far worse than this, and they face the problem of generating far more data than they can analyze. Similarly, facial recognition technology is thwarted so so easily with you know, MASKS.

To give you a sense of perspective, the government can't even cover up the president getting head from an intern. There is no shadow conspiracy. There is no illuminati. There are brain-dead government employees manning working on this, same as at the DMV or the post office.

Not to mention, these are outside. You know, OUTSIDE. That place with other people, with eyes, and cellphone cameras. The law has ruled repeatedly you don't have a reasonable expectation NOT to be recorded when outside. Which is why cops can't tell you to turn off the camera (some states have even passed laws forbidding the cops from even asking). So nothing is stopping you from recording the "government" right back.

Ok, so statists gonna state and fight for more power. Big whoop. Its got a long way to slide to even get back to how shitty things were in the 1950s, where radiologists were harassed based on the POSSIBILITY that they might sell nuclear secrets to the russians.

News sources like this want you scared, but for a more sinister reason than mainstream news. Mainstream news wants to keep you watching because it makes them add money. These blogging dipshits want you to become a homosexual-single issue voter who supports THEIR agenda. They benefit from having you believe THEIR line of bullshit instead of someone else's.

So shut the FUCK up you pieces of shit. If you really care about America, go out and do something. Vote, write letters, run for office. But if I know you guys, you prefer your "counterculture" which primarily seems to consist of an inability to hold down even minimum wage jobs, and a drug habbit.

10. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    I do agree with the "write letters & vote" part though.

And EDF will be running candidates for office, so how about you put your talents and intellect behind @Dr. Rice and the cause?

And I have no factual basis for the small penis allegation. Just a guess.

11. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

How is this any different than what they do with facebook? Federal agencies have been building profiles on US citizens since 9/11. As long as your name isn't Habibi Al-Mushir and you don't use social networking to spout anti-government tirades, they don't care about you. They're paid to do a job, and spying on your cracker ass isn't it.

Invasion of privacy, yes. Last time I checked, the Patriot Act is still in full effect till 2015, so I don't know why this leak is surprising. So we accept that they can tap our calls without warrant, pry through our internet history, and yet using cameras for location logging is suddenly a big deal.

The federal DDOS is pretty hilarious though, considering the amount of jailtime they give teenagers for doing the same thing.

I for one am more upset with traffic cameras and speed traps, which is a computer automated system of sending your ass a ticket. Fuck that shit.

12. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    Don't be mad because I have your number. Grow the fuck up. I don't give two shits about the lame fucking pseudo-jerk-off party you guys want to start. It won't gain any traction and you'll have forgotten about it in a month. No one here is a rebel, you just identify the government with mommy and daddy and think you're special and different from all the other "sheeple".

13. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    Your support is appreciated.

When the revolution comes, you'll be first against the wall.

14. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    don't you live in australia or some other failgovernment? Unlike you I own several guns. Good luck you know, actually getting me up against the wall when I'm raining down fire on your heads.

15. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    I know the EDF thing may well fade out, but why not get behind it anyway?

Bullshit aside, less has come from more in the past.

You're smart. Your input would be valuable.

Yes, I live in ozfailure. EDF in the US will likely not benefit me at all in the short-medium term. I would still like to see it succeed.

16. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    There is a difference between tracking my OL shit and tracking me walking down the street. I can't think what it is though...

This article comes under "the moar u know" heading.

Totally fucking agree with you on the traffic bullshit. Fucking revenue raising and nothing more.

17. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

It's sick, they're wrong 20% of the time, and you simply cannot dispute it. Fuckers hit me for over $400 this year alone.

Another reason I'm not so concerned about this camera shit is that my city has been doing it for years. We have thousands of cameras on street corners throughout the city used to derail gang members. The only difference is we didn't lie about it.

18. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    that's fucked. bloody traffic fines are so fucking annoying.

and yes, that trapwire shit looks like it's been going since before 2005

19. Edgeworth

Edgeworth
    Expand Collapse
    Systems Administrator

Web Developer/Systems Administrator
    [​IMG]

they were trying to warn us.

20. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

It's just an arm of the Patriot Act. If Americans want to direct their anger, it should be at Obama for extending it till 2015. This would cause a conflict of interest for those liberal fuckwits crying about universal health who at the same time throw tantrums about their privacy.

21. Harpoons

Harpoons
    Expand Collapse
    Fissure of Man

This really won't change anything. There are a huge number of cameras in the UK with facial recognition technology that manages to solve fuckall crimes and generally do very little useful. This is 'a detailed surveillance system more accurate than modern facial recognition technology', so presumably it has better cameras and facial recognition software (at least better than those already in place in America), but it's not as if some Orwelian supercomputer is watching your every move with it's robot eyes and sending messages to robot police to take you to a robot prison and jail you without trial for comitting a parking offense. Anyone getting genuinely worried by this either frequently commits blatant public crimes in areas where cameras have sprung up, is paranoid or has a bad case of USI. As if any of the people getting upset about this are even important enough to recieve a letter from the council, let alone have anyone watch their image on cctv for a few seconds and actually care. The goverment are more than likely just keeping this quiet because they know how pissy and sanctimonious the public will get.

I don't fucking think so.

22. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Given the fact that I do what I do and STILL don't get shit from TSA agents at airports, I am probably not on a watchlist or something, even when I wear inflammatory clothing. This shit is the same. This is for tracking criminals, there is no WAY the government can PROCESS all this information all at once, especially if it is video. They can barely manage to PROCESS all phone calls and shit, what they have to do is set out "keywords" that get picked up (which won't stop real criminals since they won't use overt language, even if they use the phone).

Unlike recording all communications, this facial software is an example of the Security Theater doing something useful for once, unlike the DHS, TSA, patriot act, etc.

23. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse
    2017 Faggot Of The Year

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    I think you mean...
    [​IMG]

24. Khanzer

Khanzer
    Expand Collapse
    EDF official mascot

Wizard
  25. Whatever

Whatever
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Existing
    Traffic cameras are stupid, and don't even serve a lawful purpose.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...eding-cameras-increases-but-some-protest.html

Even if you're for traffic safety, the studies are too mixed to say if traffic cams are nothing more than a way of the government coercing more money out of you.

26. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

They don't prevent SHIT. The only thing that's happened since traffic cameras went mainstream is

a) a whole lot of drivers mumbling OH FUCK I THINK THERE WAS A CAMERA THERE
    b) a 400% increase in moving violation tickets

Here's the trick if you think you fucked up and passed a red light:

SLAM THE BREAKS. BACK UP. Wait for the flash. It's gonna flash three times, in 3 second intervals. After the third flash, go.

As you can clearly see they are making the roads a much safer place for everyone.

27. Voodeuxfy

Voodeuxfy
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    You forgot to mention me as well. The Rice likes my ideas.

Mine is easy to distinguish. It's the one that bleeds when I have to take a crap. Stupid micro anus.

28. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    I think traffic cameras are fair. The only US traffic cameras are for red light cameras. So don't run red lights. Don't run red lights. Don't do something stupid like running red lights and you'll be FINE.

Seriously you're worried about government cameras when every 8 year old has a cellphone camera? IMO your "activities" are far more likely to be revealed by your friends and family on facebook than by a government camera.

29. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    The voodoo that you deux so well was temporarily obscured by Ricey's wizard's hat and his Hermes handbag.

Apologies for the oversight, and condolences on the anus situation.

30. Voodeuxfy

Voodeuxfy
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    It's fine. At first I thought I had colon cancer, but then the docs told me my intestinal tract was too large for the point of evacuation. Even more of a reason that I can't be gay.