Tons of pot found floating off So. Cal coast

Discussion in 'News' started by KimmoAlmPhoenix, May 22, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. KimmoAlmPhoenix

KimmoAlmPhoenix
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

[​IMG]
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/may/21/tons-of-pot-found-floating-off-so-cal-coast/

Medical marijuana is legal in all of CA now. Will the authorities sell it to a drug company to partially stimulate some economy that can be taxed and returned? Or just more bait for major drug busts?

2. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse
    2017 Faggot Of The Year

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    Half of it will be destroyed and the other half will be distributed amongst whoever is in charge of destroying it.

Also on what planet is 7k lbs of pot worth 3 million dollars?

3. luvur

luvur
    Expand Collapse
    Integrated Mind

Lulz
    Home Page:
    Maybe half of the actual street value at best, but mexicunt pot doesn't sell that high. They rarely produce quality, they're more interested in quantity. Where I'm at a pound of that dirty mexicunt shit goes for no more than $1000 street level. But in Cali, where they got much better and easily attained pot, I'd say less for sure. Half the time the dispensaries over there get raided by the gangs because they take all the profit. Then the gangs gotta go lower to keep business up. So it's about right, I'd say $3m to $7m at most.

4. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    How much are you guys saying a pound of pot is worth?

5. luvur

luvur
    Expand Collapse
    Integrated Mind

Lulz
    Home Page:
    Nasty brownish green, compacted into bricks and dry as fuck mexicunt pot? $500-1k

6. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    At 500 dollars a pound, you could get 3.5 million for that amount. Also I doubt the quality of the weed was only 500 dollars a pound.

7. Helix

Helix
    Expand Collapse
    resident stoner

College, mang
    Home Page:
    I get the really good shit at an ounce for 250$, and I consider that an awesome deal. That being said, I'm not all that surprised that dirt weed is dirt cheap. I bet you those dealers get retarded highschoolers to pay more for it though.

8. luvur

luvur
    Expand Collapse
    Integrated Mind

Lulz
    Home Page:
    But that's basically what they figured though, I mean you did the math yourself and came up with the same figures. I'm simply explaining how they may have come to that conclusion, however. Personally, I know a few niggers in low places who I can buy it from around that price. Really it depends on the market where you're selling it though.

9. luvur

luvur
    Expand Collapse
    Integrated Mind

Lulz
    Home Page:
    Yeah, like I've said before I'm no farmer but i got a pretty green thumb. When I buy it, it's the good at $300-400 an once depending on which guy I go through.

That reminds me of when I used to sell nickle and dimes in high school, haha. Good times.

10. Helix

Helix
    Expand Collapse
    resident stoner

College, mang
    Home Page:
    Speaking of green thumb, I remember the grow op I started with my buddies junior year. It went very well, but it's a miracle we didn't get caught. It was in a random patch of woods next to a golf course, twelve plants, and they each got 8-10 feet tall.

11. luvur

luvur
    Expand Collapse
    Integrated Mind

Lulz
    Home Page:
    Pretty damn good. I've seen them that high before but they were started indoors, before being planted and maturing outdoors. That way they can get big enough in vegetation stage, before the flowering stage. Then they shoot super high. Did you guys get to harvest it? I planted some like a mile away from a guys house in the county and he/someone found them a month later cause they were gone. I was so devastated. ;-;

12. Bass

Bass
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Better than you
    I admit I haven't smoked in a long time, but holy shit.

[​IMG]

Or, to put it in better perspective, I could get an ounce of AK for $120 an ounce. The times they are a-changing.

13. Helix

Helix
    Expand Collapse
    resident stoner

College, mang
    Home Page:
    We bought them as clones, and immediately planted them outside. It was really a fantastic location, basically a patch of dirt right between two streams with the sun coming directly down on it for about seven or eight hours. Each plant yielded over a pound at least, especially this one I had, oh man. I forget which strain it was, but it was a pure sativa, we fimmed it like three or four times and it got massively thick. We harvested them, and we had so much bud that we had no fucking clue where to put it all. Wound up selling a huge amount of it.

14. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    The shit I grew was short, but was incredibly purple and intense crystal concentration. Not a lot of weed, but it was the most intense plant material I've ever had. The quality of hash it made was good.

15. Helix

Helix
    Expand Collapse
    resident stoner

College, mang
    Home Page:
    Indoor or outdoor? I notice that plants that grow indoors are significantly shorter, but not necessarily worse.

16. luvur

luvur
    Expand Collapse
    Integrated Mind

Lulz
    Home Page:
    True, the market for pot used to be a lot different. I blame border crackdowns and the crumbling economy. I remember where I live, a few years back. We had about 3 semis come through each month full of pot that got busted. It was super dry, that's when my green thumb really had to get to work.

I figured they would be sativa's from the height. Love clones too, no worries on gender. Gotta love the fruits of entrepreneurship, though. :lulzsec:

17. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Indoors, but once outdoors it grew very little.

18. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

If it was Kush, 7000 lbs would be worth over 20 million. I have a feeling this is a failed shipment from Mexico. Even if it's dirt, 3 million is lowballing for 3.5 tons of weed.

19. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse
    2017 Faggot Of The Year

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    yeah ok I guess that amount is about right.

20. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Assuming people with some actual money buy worthless mexican hash it would be worth that much.

Northern California Hash Master-race all the way. It's legal to.

No way bro. Mexican weed doesn't sell all that much anymore. People who aren't stupid are to scared to buy this stuff

21. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    I'm glad the war on drugs hasn't been a huge waste of time, money and lives.

Imagine if this foul stuff were legal?

I mean, can you fucking imagine????

22. KimmoAlmPhoenix

KimmoAlmPhoenix
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Why does it look like he's fiddling his dick with the hand in his pocket?

23. KimmoAlmPhoenix

KimmoAlmPhoenix
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Is it true that Afghani marijuana is the best out there?

I think one of these celebrities who own islands as pieces of property could spawn up marijuana farms then sell it very cheap in 3rd world nations.

24. luvur

luvur
    Expand Collapse
    Integrated Mind

Lulz
    Home Page:
    Nah, there is a limit to how much thc a single plant can produce. 10-20 years ago afghan stuff might of been some of the best. But now here in the US, in places like Cali, they're breaking it down almost to a scientific level. Some of the pot you can get over there that's grown in sterile labs is upwards of 30% thc which is pushing it to the limits currently. Just taking one hit of it will set you in a coughing fit for minutes and blaze the fuck out of you for hours. It's so sticky that just breaking up a little bud makes your fingers so sticky you can't drop your lighter. But who would wan't to anyway.

25. red 5

red 5
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

hipster faggot
    this reminds me I gotta try growing sometime how much has it cost you guys to set up something that can sustain your own habit might as well make an investment and save money in the long run

26. FuckCensorship

FuckCensorship
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Apparently not-so-obvious troll.
    Home Page:
    Pot is for losers. Real men drink coffee.