The Only Difference...

Discussion in 'Religion & Politics' started by Dr. Rice, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    ... between the events that resulted in the French Revolution and the current state of the world is that there the winter and famine that brought about the French Revolution has not happened yet.

2. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    There are so many things wrong with this post I don't know where to begin.

3. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Why don't you begin at the First, Second, and Third estate.

4. TheBrickBalls

TheBrickBalls
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Gay Nigger
    Home Page:
    What he means is that our version of the clergy, nobility and burghers will be overthrown by the overwhelmingly larger population that can't find the means to support itself. Honestly, looking at how civil we were during the depression and comparing it to the French Revolution, I highly doubt we'll violently overthrow our elites in this day and age. I think it'll be more along the lines of criminals committing crimes across the nation with the populace cheering them on, followed by strong leaders gaining huge followings(Huey Long and Roosevelt), and eventually there will be one leader left to run the nation for better or worse. Mass confusion and hopelessness is an ideal environment for forceful leaders to flourish, and to that end, fascism to flourish. Chaotic periods require Hitlers, Mussolinis, and Roosevelts(not fascist, just a very controlling leader) to bring them into order.

But I'm just stating the obvious.

5. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Rice, as a man of limited imagination and as an American raised on a daily dose of government bullshit, you see all problems being solved by centralising power. The vast majority of the problems in the world stem from the centralisation of power. Do you understand the paradox? I doubt it. You've been conditioned not to. Doublethink, and all that.

Why would the burghers and the clergy be overthrown? Let's ignore the fact that the vast majority of the leaders of the French Revolution belonged to the bourgeoisie or that the clergy tend to actively help rebellions if not start them outright. The bourgeoisie and the clergy have never had any real power. If they did then those that actually have most or all of the power wouldn't allow them to exist at all.

6. TheBrickBalls

TheBrickBalls
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Gay Nigger
    Home Page:
    I never said our elites would be overthrown. That was Rice in general. If you're going to argue against my tl;dr posts, then at least read all of it.

7. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    I addressed what you wrote in my reply to Rice.

But, to expand, there isn't going to be any rapid change. Only a slow decay, facilitated by those who style themselves progressive or conservative, respectively. There shall be no ego, no strong leader, no dictator, no Caesar. America had its Caesar around a hundred years ago and it still hasn't recovered. Perhaps it was never meant to. Perhaps the arrival of the Caesar signals the beginning of the end.

8. SuperSpecialSuperStar

SuperSpecialSuperStar
    Expand Collapse
    2011 Faggot of the Year

Frog Mercenary
    Home Page:
    HI MY NAME IS S4 AND WHAT IS GOING ON HERE WHAT ARE PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT???? LET'S TALK ABOUT AZARI & III IT'S MORE INTERESTING THAN BORING POLITICKY STUFF!

YEAH SO IT'S A GOOD BAND BECAUSE IT HAS BLACK MEN SINGING AND I MEAN LIKE HOW OFTEN DO YOU SEE THAT???

9. Seku

Seku
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

bad bich
    Home Page:
    AAANAAAARCHYYYY