The New Ghostbuster Trailer

Discussion in 'Music, Movies & Media' started by Failstation, Mar 3, 2016.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums

Encyclopedia Dramatica is being sued by a very wealthy serial litigator. This is not just another "gimme shekels for server" - the future of ED is at stake. We are asking for donations to fund our legal battle, all money raised goes entirely towards attorney fees. Please help with whatever you can, every donation is deeply appreciated.

Donate to the Encyclopedia Dramatica Legal FundJoin the Discussion Thread

1. Weezus Christ

Weezus Christ
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Savior

breakfast mummy
    Home Page:
    the ghostbusters vidya game with the original cast as voice actors written by the original dude is top notch.

got it for five bucks the other day

way better than the new movie could ever dream of being

• I Agree I Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Failstation

Failstation
    Expand Collapse
    Eurocuck

EDF's Trump Card
    And the gameplay isn't half bad.

3. Choni

Choni
    Expand Collapse
    Anchor Baby Jihadist

No one makes socks that big to fit over his gout riddened toes.

4. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    I saw it, finally.. and it wasn't THAT bad. I kept remembering those Leslie Jones pics, tho. But Hemsworth can play a believable retard..

5. GeneralFaggotry

GeneralFaggotry
    Expand Collapse
    Does absolutely nothing

Jedi ghost
    Except for that one awful level with the stone gargoyles. Fuck that shit. Harder than the final boss.

6. FlamingTofuSquare

FlamingTofuSquare
    Expand Collapse
    Dramatis Personæ

7. Weezus Christ

Weezus Christ
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Savior

breakfast mummy
    Home Page:
    thats where im at :[

8. FlamingTofuSquare

FlamingTofuSquare
    Expand Collapse
    Dramatis Personæ

i remember getting stuck on this as well. you have to wrangle them and slam them into the gate in order to break it. a way to speed this along (especially if your aim is shitty like mine was) is to take up a position right next to the gate, and when they try to dive-bomb you, most of them will end up in a kamikaze situation and do most of the work for you.

9. fleacollerindustry

fleacollerindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Nononkin

Turd Polisher
    Home Page:
    Nothing like a one-year after-the-fact review of the situation, now that the dust has settled.

Basically my whole problem with the Ghostbusters situation is that these kinds of Liberals, Feminists, what-have-you, give you no opportunity to dislike something for its own sake. They won't allow you to hate something... you must like it, otherwise you're prejudice/racist/sexist/etc.

Worse is that they are willingly taking that position just to silence their opponent because they know how much it stops people in their tracks; they have no way to counter their claims without looking like a complete dick (at least in their eyes). So what ends up happening is that opponents live up to that "you're a complete dick" status and go overboard, just to make the accuser's life miserable. "Oh, I'm a dick, well we'll just see how much of a dick I can actually be!"

If it was up to them, no one would be allowed to say anything about anything. And that's just not healthy. But none of this would happen if they simply allowed society to say small shit in a "release valve" sorta way. Without that ability, that pressure builds up and explodes in some other way.

TL;DR: this is all their fault.

10. FlamingTofuSquare

FlamingTofuSquare
    Expand Collapse
    Dramatis Personæ

No shit. I was browsing the article to see what kind of updates had been made, as I hadn't looked in a while. I clicked through to that Elle King video that's talked about and found this.

femb.JPG

I know it's old, from the height of all the hubub, but I just...I don't even.

I'm 99% convinced that everyone who claims that this movie was a dream come true because "muh representation" is lying out of their ass. They didn't care, and they didn't want it. I bet you dollars to donuts that if you scan the deepest archives of Ghostbusters fandom chatter that NOBODY. WANTED. THIS. Nobody who truly gave a shit to begin with cared that it was a boys' club and created as one. You'll find that the consensus was either "pass the torch" (to whoever was a cool character) or "leave it the fuck alone." Female fans liked it for what it was, even if they weren't represented. If it's anything like the female Blues Brothers fans, they more than likely got into it simply because they had a crush on one of the actors, and the rest of the interest (music, film theory, lore, etc.) came second. It likely works in reverse with male fans for female-led properties. There's no shame in that, but in this new bizzaro timeline (unless you're a lesbian, or the dudes you fap to are gay for each other).

There are probably plenty of people who saw it and ended up not liking it, but they will never back down. They're more embarrassed to admit that they were wrong than they are of the tremendous assholes they made of themselves. They're more afraid of the idea that, if they hated it, they hate themselves because feminisms told them so.

tl;dr
    If you really loved the franchise, you didn't want this. Stop fucking lying.
    If you wanted this and liked it, you probably didn't like the franchise to begin with.

Also sick of "my daughter loves this, so it must be a positive thing!". Your little brat is fucking five and it's full of colors and means you'll buy them more toys. They'll love anything. It wouldn't matter which GB movie you put in front of them. This proves nothing. Shut the fuck up.

11. FlamingTofuSquare

FlamingTofuSquare
    Expand Collapse
    Dramatis Personæ

12. FlamingTofuSquare

FlamingTofuSquare
    Expand Collapse
    Dramatis Personæ

a78KzXO.

13. fleacollerindustry

fleacollerindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Nononkin

Turd Polisher
    Home Page:
    Yeah, I plan on updating the Fembusters article with some "now that the dust has settled" post review, plus some other general clean ups, etc.

14. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

A year later, it's still no worse than any Seth Rogen movie

15. Edge_Beta

Edge_Beta
    Expand Collapse
    Master Taig

I Don't
    idk ubby.....sausage party was p good...although everytime I see it Im stoned. :eek:
    [​IMG]

16. FlamingTofuSquare

FlamingTofuSquare
    Expand Collapse
    Dramatis Personæ

Dan Aykroyd, Stardate 2012

Sauce: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/9097816/Dan-Aykroyd-a-comedy-legends-spiritual-side.html

Aww, somebody's still trying to wrestle with the fact that it's not 1984 anymore and nobody thinks you're all that novel anymore. Maybe if you did any of those things you'd still be doing decent work...y'know, like nearly everyone else you've ever worked with. No wonder he pops up in so many shitty Adam Sandler flicks, they both seem to have the same moldy sense of self-importance.

Relevant to this thread tho:

This is pretty much the story you'll get ad nauseum re: the franchise before they announced any of this reboot shit (the Channing Tatum version they were thinking of seems to start showing up in press releases starting around May 2015).

#896 FlamingTofuSquare, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  17. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    I am Groyper Supreme

Bullshit Artist.
    You have been shitposting about this unwatchable film four times longer than it was in the theaters and have generated about the same amount of interest. (slightly in your favor though)

18. FlamingTofuSquare

FlamingTofuSquare
    Expand Collapse
    Dramatis Personæ

I didn't choose the sperg life, the sperg life chose me.

Also, incoming cringe from Channel Cringe's new(er) resident feminist.

19. FlamingTofuSquare

FlamingTofuSquare
    Expand Collapse
    Dramatis Personæ

some male SJW cunt on my IRL facebook feed, adding to several signs from god that i should shitcan that account

cunt.PNG

Article linked:

http://ghostbustersnews.com/2017/07...busters-answer-call-receive-emmy-nominations/

So because the actresses are getting one of the industry circle-jerk awards (for a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THING) means that you still only dislike the movie and don't find these cunts entertaining because you hate the wimminz.

#899 FlamingTofuSquare, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    • Disgusting Disgusting x 1
    • List
  20. Cassius Longinus

Cassius Longinus
    Expand Collapse
    Clamato Destroyer

likeicare's sock
    Its a good movie.

• Bait Bait x 3
    • I Agree I Agree x 1