The New Ghostbuster Trailer

Discussion in 'Music, Movies & Media' started by Failstation, Mar 3, 2016.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums

Encyclopedia Dramatica is being sued by a very wealthy serial litigator. This is not just another "gimme shekels for server" - the future of ED is at stake. We are asking for donations to fund our legal battle, all money raised goes entirely towards attorney fees. Please help with whatever you can, every donation is deeply appreciated.

Donate to the Encyclopedia Dramatica Legal FundJoin the Discussion Thread

1. messyjessie

messyjessie
    Expand Collapse
    THE QUEEN

disabled
    the patriarchy pushed unhappy women to make this movie. patriarchy hurts everyone.
    [​IMG]

#841 messyjessie, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    • I Fapped I Fapped x 1
    • Tinfoil Tinfoil x 1
    • Nobody Cares Nobody Cares x 1
    • List
  2. GeneralFaggotry

GeneralFaggotry
    Expand Collapse
    Does absolutely nothing

Jedi ghost
    Sounds more like he's defending the film and pretending the critics were right. And he complains about too much politics surrounding the film but starts the video with a political jab?

3. fleacollerindustry

fleacollerindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Nononkin

Turd Polisher
    Home Page:
    Yeah, this wasn't as hatey as his other Honest Film Trailers. Like, his other videos straight up call it shit, but here he tries to talk about the movie like he's navigating a minefield.

Couple things bugged me:

> "rushed to judge the movie before seeing it" -- I REALLY fucking hate that argument when Fembuster defenders used it. What makes it a shitty argument is that a ton of people who used it to defend Fembusters had previously judged a film before seeing it just the same. Even Andrew fucking Dobson outright defended his negative criticism of the Michael Bay TMNT movie before watching because "that's what trailers are for!". What a fucking moron.

> "bad guy so forgettable that they replace him halfway though with chris hemsworth" -- AHAHAH I didn't even think about it that way!

> "but it's still set in the same universe as the original" -- I dunno where he got that idea, but this movie totally is NOT set in the same universe. Which makes it even worse, but at least it doesn't infect the Prime or Cartoon universe with its bullshit.

> "oh no, I'm turning into one of THOSE GUYS!" -- Point out the truth makes you a troll? Fucking typical Liberal SJW bullshit.

The Honest Trailer did point out something I agree with, that the movie wasn't as bad as all the haters thought it was going to be, but it still wasn't that good. Like, I was expecting it to be 1.5/10, but it ended up being like a 4/10. So, technically not as bad as I thought it was going to be, but still no where nearly as good as all the Fembuster Defense Force was trying to make it sound like.

That said, I too feel like he was trying to defend the film slightly... he definitely pulls his punches. It's almost as if he's one of those beta male cucks who feel that women need to be given special treatment in order to succeed, because if they give women any kind of criticism, it'll discourage ALL WOMEN EVERYWHERE from wanting to become a filmmaker, because being critical hurts the feelings of the entirety of womankind. Like this part:

> "fine but forgettable comedy which proves tat women can make studio mandated bait movies just as well as the boys" -- He can't even straight up say something like "women are perfectly capable of making a movie as shitty as the boys could"... they had to throw positive keywords like "fine (but forgettable)" and "just as well" instead of straight calling them out.

Finally:

> "now let's never speak of this again" -- See, the problem here isn't that the movie is "controversial", it's because of people like you that INSERT taboo into it. By saying that, you're creating the notion that discussion of the movie is taboo and should be restricted, which in turn makes other people treat it just the same, and so on, and so on. If people truly treated it on equal terms as any movie made by a MAN (and therefore is free to be criticized), just as you clearly addressed already, then no one would---nay, should---be bothered by any of the hate being sent towards Fembusters. But instead, people are upset that a movie with women in it is being attacked, which just means that people are NOT treating the film on equal terms... they're deliberately treating it differently because of the women involved, which is the exact opposite of equality. Even more hypocritical is criticizing anyone who is attacking the film "because it has women in it", because all they're doing is defending the film "because it has women in it". How is that any different??

• Tl;dr Tl;dr x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • I Agree I Agree x 1
    • List
  4. fleacollerindustry

fleacollerindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Nononkin

Turd Polisher
    Home Page:
    ALSO: Since enough time has passed and basically talk about the movie is basically done, I'm going to start working on revising the article. I'll add some of these videos into the article as well.

5. GeneralFaggotry

GeneralFaggotry
    Expand Collapse
    Does absolutely nothing

Jedi ghost
    Pretty spot on. The "judging before seeing it" shows that he definitely had a bias towards the film compared to his previous trailers and I don't know why he thought both films take place in the same setting because of Zuul even though Slimer and a lot of other shit load of references to the old continuity are in it. Also if whatever new cartoon they're cooking up fucks with the lore of the old cartoon, Sony can kiss my ass. Also agreed on the last one about him asking no one to speak of it again. It's like these pansies think that shitting on this mediocre film will result in women ending up being slave girls and Clinton being murdered so people should stay silent rather than express themselves. I mean sure, the movie wasn't completely terrible and broken trash that got a bit too much hate, but it was still a mediocre and shitty film that deserved to be criticized when concerning its flaws.

TL;DR

This really bites.

6. FlamingTofuSquare

FlamingTofuSquare
    Expand Collapse
    Dramatis Personæ

Does the guy who narrates also partake in the writing?

• Good Question Good Question x 3
    • List
  7. GeneralFaggotry

GeneralFaggotry
    Expand Collapse
    Does absolutely nothing

Jedi ghost
    Also just noticed that they even disabled video comments. Fucking pussies.

8. FlamingTofuSquare

FlamingTofuSquare
    Expand Collapse
    Dramatis Personæ

Well, they did say they would in the video. Could be a piss-take at Sony for disabling their comments on the trailer.

9. GeneralFaggotry

GeneralFaggotry
    Expand Collapse
    Does absolutely nothing

Jedi ghost

I like this.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  10. FlamingTofuSquare

FlamingTofuSquare
    Expand Collapse
    Dramatis Personæ

not gonna lie tho, the Kate McKinnon character was adorable as ish, and I wish she'd had more screentime. she was the only one who came close to having an actual character, and you can tell that most of it got cut back to the most reductive "lol i'm clever" horseshit. whoever did her costume design was on point, i like it when a movie character actually looks like they've dressed themselves to their own tastes.

11. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    McKinnon seemed to be improvising almost all her lines.

12. fleacollerindustry

fleacollerindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Nononkin

Turd Polisher
    Home Page:
    All the videos I've watched criticizing the movie strongly implied that EVERYONE was improvising their lines, and the movie was basically just cuts of the best improvs. Like the scene in the end where Thor was eating a burito and the fat girl kept tossing it away, and someone off screen kept tossing it back: apparently that was literally just an outtake that they thought was just TOOOO FUNNAY to leave out of the movie.

• oy vey oy vey x 1
    • Disgusting Disgusting x 1
    • List
  13. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    The movie had a lot of improv, but at least everyone else had lines that were scripted. McKinnon's character either stands in the background doing nothing or is talking without anyone knowing how to react and the cameraman obviously not being ready for her. I'm just saying you can tell almost everything she did in that movie was not planned.

• Like Like x 1
    • I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. FlamingTofuSquare

FlamingTofuSquare
    Expand Collapse
    Dramatis Personæ

lol which i guess means that the actor has more personality than the character then. that may be obvious to anyone familiar with McKinnon, i suppose. i don't watch SNL anymore and this is the first thing I've seen her in, so I'm just guessing.

though that's still more than anyone can say about Beigey McBlandNerd Kristen Wiig.

15. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    I'm sure no one cares anymore, but I just watched a review by this guy called RalphTheMovieMaker. At one point he mentions his friend was an extra in the movie and said that scene at the end where they're at a diner and colored their hair wrong took 6 hours to film because they just had them sit around for 6 hours with no scrip and just bullshit and ended up using like 90 seconds of that in the movie. This movie had like... no script.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  16. Wanklin Dick

Wanklin Dick
    Expand Collapse
    Has Macrophilia

Slowly Declining
    Ralph is okay, one of the few that understands that Marvel films are just popcorn flicks. Rather than what fanboys think they are. Excellent review of Mystery Diners as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    his face annoys me

18. Wanklin Dick

Wanklin Dick
    Expand Collapse
    Has Macrophilia

Slowly Declining
    Yes, his face does annoy me as well.

19. GeneralFaggotry

GeneralFaggotry
    Expand Collapse
    Does absolutely nothing

Jedi ghost
    Looks like the president of Lucasfilm (Star Wars media) wants to follow in Ghostbusters steps:

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2016/...kathleen-kennedy-says-she-doesnt-need-to-cat/

• oy vey oy vey x 1
    • Trigger Warning Trigger Warning x 1
    • Kill Yourself Kill Yourself x 1
    • List
  20. Chickenwithtie

Chickenwithtie
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Prostitute
    The faster the new Star Wars franchise dies the happier I am :D