The New Ghostbuster Trailer

Discussion in 'Music, Movies & Media' started by Failstation, Mar 3, 2016.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums

Encyclopedia Dramatica is being sued by a very wealthy serial litigator. This is not just another "gimme shekels for server" - the future of ED is at stake. We are asking for donations to fund our legal battle, all money raised goes entirely towards attorney fees. Please help with whatever you can, every donation is deeply appreciated.

Donate to the Encyclopedia Dramatica Legal FundJoin the Discussion Thread

1. versace

versace
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

well um,

they have no eyelids.

2. nazca

nazca
    Expand Collapse
    Autistic Edgelord

Space bum
    Home Page:
    Why, what did you do to them

3. versace

versace
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

there's no evidence

4. fleacollerindustry

fleacollerindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Nononkin

Turd Polisher
    Home Page:
    http://deadline.com/2016/07/ghostbusters-weekend-box-office-1201787149/

Fembusters makes $17.1 million opening day, on track for a $45 million weekend draw. Probably won't lead the weekend; The Secret Life of Pets will likely still earn more than Fembusters, even tho it's on its second weekend.

Meanwhile, on /tv/, people are posting screenshots of their local theatres and showing how they're almost UN-packed:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    Well, the reviews are in and anyone who's not a political shill acting as free advertisement or and angry MRA predisposed to hating it is planted firmly between "pretty bad" and "meh".

Opinions vary and you will find people who will contradict these complaints, but the most common issues people have with the movie so far are:
    * bad CGI
    * Cameos that either make no sense or are outright disrespectful to the source material
    * Plot holes like them being able to kill ghosts, the bad guy possessing people to do thing even though he can do them himself even as a ghost, the city being "un-destroyed" when they win (it would have been necessary for the sequel Paul thought he was going to make but now it just makes no sense) and so on
    * Flat bad guy with almost no motivation
    * Bad acting
    * No chemistry between the actors
    * The script is bad and unfunny
    * The constant ad libbing is REALLY bad and unfunny
    * All the male characters are evil or stupid
    * All the characters are stupid
    * Three of the 4 girls play the same character
    * General feeling of man hating
    * The plot goes nowhere and is boring
    * The parts that don't go nowhere are beat for beat of the original movie

overall noting special, boring, unfunny, poorly thought out.

Some of the "positive" things people are saying are:

* Hemsworth is funny (but sometimes the stupid character crosses the line and it's no longer funny)
    * The black character isn't as racist as they thought she would be (that isn't really a compliment and everyone still says she's still pretty racist)
    * Opinions are split on Kate McCkinnon. Some say she stole the show, others say she spends the entire movie standing it the background overacting and making stupid faces for no reason.
    * The last fight scene people say is really good.... or just the part with McCkinnon

Anyway, people are trying to say it's an okay movie because it feels like they're scared of looking like they sided with the woman hating mob if they don't but they can't
    bring themselves to pretend it good or even ok. All they have is complaints, all they're good points have caveats, you can sort of see the looks of cringe on their face as they try to say nice things and the final verdict feels like people are saying "It's average" but what they really mean "It isn't the atomic disaster people were expecting/hoping for but it's still pretty bad".

In either case, search "Ghostbusters" and "empty" on twitter and you'll get the feeling it's already bombing on opening day and the boxoffice pull is unimpressive. The real question is how fast the drop-off rate will be and how the overseas market responds to this.

"Are the cameras rolling?"

• Informative Informative x 5
    • I Agree I Agree x 1
    • List
  6. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

• I Fapped I Fapped x 1
    • List
  7. fleacollerindustry

fleacollerindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Nononkin

Turd Polisher
    Home Page:
    Yeah, after sorting through the reviews---basically any critic scoring it HIGH or any user scoring it LOW did so due to an agenda---I've came to the conclusion that the movie is basically AVERAGE. It'll make money... but it will neither BOMB nor be a runaway success. I suspect it'll make up to and perhaps no little than its budget of $144 million... but that still will mean it's a bomb because of all the advertising money spent.

Feig mentioned that it would need to make at least $500 million to be of any value, and so even if it make like $250 million, it'd still be a failure based on that metric.
    * http://www.vulture.com/2016/07/paul-feig-ghostbusters-reboot-c-v-r.html

“A movie like this has to at least get to like $500 million worldwide, and that’s probably low,” he says.

He is NOT gonna get $500 million on this, that's for sure.

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • List
  8. fleacollerindustry

fleacollerindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Nononkin

Turd Polisher
    Home Page:
    See, again, people don't realize how there is ZERO PROFIT to be made catering to SJWs and Feminists, because NONE OF THEM "vote with their wallet". Now whether that's a deliberate choice, or they simply weren't told that "supporting your heroes with money" was what you're supposed to do, who knows. But it IS a fact that trying to make money of SJWs is a deadend street.

Even if male fans of Ghostbusters REALLY WERE misogynist assholes, at least they'll be willing to spend money on it.

Another empty theater shot:

Random tweet:

9. fleacollerindustry

fleacollerindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Nononkin

Turd Polisher
    Home Page:

LOLOL

I need to update the article very soon...

• Like Like x 1
    • I Agree I Agree x 1
    • List
  10. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    I'm getting the feeling it's rather below average from youtube reviews. All endowments of it are very hesitant.
    On top of the 144mil on the movie itself, there's also an estimated 100mil spent on publicity and advertisement. On top of that, before they saw what they had on their hands, Sony was planning for this to be their tentpole movie for this year or at least this season (which is the second most profitable for movies after the holiday season in December) as well as a kickoff for a franchise. They were even thinking of an MCU sort of plan. So much like Batman V Superman was considered a failure despite making money, so will this movie be seen as a failure even if it succeeds in some way.

Another complaint I forgot to mention is that the movie is loaded with product placement (more desperate attempts to cut losses?)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  11. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    I think the SJWs are just too small a demographic. Even is every single one of them came to watch this movie several times the theatres would still be empty. A handful of them muscling their way into media may create the illusion they're a sizeable group worth pandering to. In the end, if fifty articles about people hating this movie being sexist pop up, that doesn't mean that everyone who reads them believes that and the writer is just voicing the people's opinion, it just means there are 50 cucks (sometimes voluntarily) writing for online news blogs that get most of their money from rage clicks anyway. The first pages of a google search are no longer representatives of anything.

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • List
  12. fleacollerindustry

fleacollerindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Nononkin

Turd Polisher
    Home Page:
    Yeah, I heard about the product placement part from a few reviewer's throw away comments "Sony laptop this, PS4 that", etc, so that doesn't surprise me. I've never seen a movie hock so much of their own products than Sony does.

Anyways, yeah, this movie is NOT going to make back what it spent, or at least make enough to justify a MCU-level franchise, or even sequels, etc. This will make enough money back so that some Sony exec will NOT lose thier job, but also not enough to basically ensure all their future plans get trashed. That alone might be enough to make some people happy. I for one can't stop laughing at all this... just the idea that they knew this was going to happen, and it's clear that it was going to happen, but everyone involved with the film was either willingly or contractually obligated to say "all is well!"... this level of denial is just fucking hilarious. Even funnier than the failure of Fantastic 4, because of how much the filmmakers kept trying to push the fact that the audience is wrong to hate it, and their thinly veiled attempted to make the haters buy tickets---"how can you hate something you've never seen before? Watch it first, THEN determine if you hate it!"---just makes their desperation even more obvious.

Fembusters will likely sink to at BEST third place next weekend, well after Star Trek Beyond... because even THAT movie might have had some problems, but at least Paramount had the decency to sort of hide the fact that the movie is even coming out to begin with. But, on the flip side, at least Paramount didn't insult long time Star Trek fans by saying shit like "Sulu is gay now; if you hate this movie it's because you hate gay people".

It's perhaps a combinations between SJWs being a small demo AND their inability/unwillingness to "vote with their wallet". SJWs have ALWAYS been all talk, no walk. They rarely, if ever, back their shit up. They just want to point out how something bothers them, but then they fully expect other people to fix their problems for them. None of them actually goes out into the world and tries to fix things themselves, because they always think that it's the world who is wrong, and it's therefore the world who is responsible for fixing their own shit. This, in turn, is why I think SJWs never vote with their wallet, because either a movie/TV/comic/etc didn't do enough to fix their problematic problems (and thus aren't worth supporting), or a movie/TV/comic/etc FINALLY cleaned up their act... but so why reward someone for doing something they were supposed to do in the first place (and thus no money will be spent)?

This is why, even though I'm a "non-white minority" and thus I'm supposed to be a Liberal, I refuse to side with SJWs, Feminists, BlackLivesMatters, etc. My family came from Korea with NOTHING---my Mom being the first of which---and managed to build a sizable life here in the US, through their own hard work and determination. And DESPITE being foreigners. Then consider the Japanese-American community, who lost EVERYTHING during WW2 due to being sent to Internment camps, and yet managed to regain almost everything they lost (and then some) within a generation. Many became US Congresspersons and Actors, etc. And SJWs, Feminists, BlackLivesMatter-ists, etc, complain about being left behind, kept down, pushed aside... complain complain complain... but none of them actually do a thing to fix their own situations. Even with Fembusters, SJWs and Feminists STILL NEEDED WHITE MALES to fix things for them (Paul Feig to write and direct, that Sony exec who green lit the film, etc). They always want someone else to fix things for them, instead of trying to fix it themselves. This is why SJWs are a poor group of cater to, because they're going to make you want to do everything for them AND they will never reward you for your efforts.

• Like Like x 1
    • I Agree I Agree x 1
    • List
  13. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:

I feel the turns of events at Sony was like this:
    At first they thought this movie will be their response to MCU and the (then plausible) Justice League franchise so they dumped a ton of money into it. Then, as they saw the dailys and how hard BvS failed, they realized these plans would never materialize and decided to settle on this movie just being a moderate summer hit riding on name recognition alone that will at least break even. When the real shitstorm started and they saw it won't even be able to do THAT they went into aggressive advertisement/panic mode trying to throw money into the P&A budget that they first thought wasn't even worth wasting money on, but that doesn't seem to have worked so they just dug their grave deeper in these last few weeks.

The next two big hurdles this movie might can hope to make money not tripping over is there rest of its first weekend and the international release. We'll have to see how well it does there, and if that too fails all they'll have left is DVDs at a discount.

As for the money thing, it's not that they don't vote with their wallets. They just don't care about what they're fighting over in the first place. SJWs care about diversity in video games, but they don't actually play video games. They care about sexualization in comic books, but they don't actually read comic books. They care about representation in movies, but they don't actually care about these movies. That's why Femthor, Squirrel Girl and the recent run of Captain America are praised on sites like Jezebel, but are haemorrhaging readers.

• I Agree I Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Nobody Cares Nobody Cares x 1
    • List
  14. fleacollerindustry

fleacollerindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Nononkin

Turd Polisher
    Home Page:
  15. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    saw that one

16. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    You seem to be under the delusion that these "people" aren't simply a loud, organised, minuscule minority.

17. fleacollerindustry

fleacollerindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Nononkin

Turd Polisher
    Home Page:
    ...did I ever imply otherwise?

Anyways, here's MovieBlob's Ghostbuster's review...

I'm slightly impressed that he talks shit about it, despite defending it as "the best possible version of itself". I rate his review to be exactly the "AVERAGELY AVERAGE" review most people without an agenda have been giving it. (E: OK well, maybe because he IS part of the Pro-Agenda side, his review is a bit more positive than it should be. Whatever.)

Incidentally, the movie reviewer for the San Francisco Chronicle, Mick LaSalle, calls the movie shit as well:
    * http://www.sfgate.com/movies/article/New-Ghostbusters-haunted-by-casting-errors-8378505.php

Which is impressive, given how SJW defending the SF Chronicle is.... being in San Francisco and all. I guess it shows that there are decent people in San Francisco after all.

• List
  18. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    I'm disappointed at the MovieBob review.
    I was expecting one of his angry rants full of outright lies. But even as disingenuous as he always is, even he can't wholeheartedly defend this movie with a straight face.

19. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Yes, when you implied that they had enough numbers to actually make a difference.

• Autism Autism x 5
    • Bait Bait x 1
    • List
  20. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    • List