The Last To Die.

Discussion in 'Nobody Cares' started by Baya Rae 4900, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    "Did you hear about the meteor?"
    Gregory turned to face Elijah.
    "No. What happened?" asked Gregory.
    "This weird meteor crashed into a warehouse downtown," answered Elijah.
    "You're kidding me."
    "Nope. Everybody thought it was a terrorist attack at first."
    "Not surprising, I guess. Anyway, I got to go to sleep. It's been a long night."
    "Goodnight!"
    "See ya."

Gregory went inside his apartment and headed straight for the bedroom. As always, he didn't bother changing into his pyjamas and fell asleep atop the bedsheets. He awoke later that day, hoping to catch up on some reading before he went down to the office. It didn't last long before he got a call.

"Mr Sabia?" asked the caller.
    "This is he," replied Gregory.
    "My name is Francine Heru. I got your number from my sister."
    "Your sister?"
    "Magdalene. Magdalene Lug."
    "Yes, I remember her."
    "She said you could help us."
    "How can I help?"
    "Perhaps you heard about the meteor?"
    "Yeah, I heard something about that."
    "Well it crashed a few blocks away from our apartment. We weren't too concerned about it but this morning my son Terrence woke up with a rash all over his body. We already went to the hospital but the doctor said it was an allergic reaction. But it can't be because my son doesn't have any allergies! I also spoke to my neighbours and some of them these rashes as well."
    "Have you spoken to any of the authorities close to the area where the meteor struck?"
    "Yes, a bunch of us did. We went as a group. They told us not to worry. The staff at the hospital were also blase about it, come to think of it."
    "Alright, I'll come by as soon as I can. Where is your apart block?"
    "On the corner of Ampelios and Gundhram Street."
    "I'll be there as soon as I can."

Gregory took his coat and headed for the exit. He was so intent that he forgot his hat. He realised halfway there and called himself an idiot in response.