The Internet Cultural Gap.

Discussion in 'Hard Gay Shitpost Metropolis' started by Baya Rae 4900, Sep 17, 2011.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
?

Do you agree?

1. Yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Do you think there's a cultural gap? I think there is. I migrated to ED mainly from "underground" gaming forums (the most famous probably being myg0t) and I have absolutely no idea WTF is going on in the DA subforum. Even if I read through a thread it's like I'm Columbus seeing Indians for the first time. Now if a person like me and a typical DAer came into contact with a Gaia Online user, no doubt we wouldn't understand them. There's all this talk of the internet making the world a smaller and more open place but to me it looks like this place is more segregated than IRL because it means nobody has to socially evolve beyond high school.

2. Ishmael

Ishmael
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Sailor
    It's the same thing with just about anything, even with cliques in high school. People attracted to different groups have specific understanding with that group and groups that are different aren't as easily comprehended by that group. We're not more segregated or less, we're just as segregated as we ever were.