The Evolution of ED: Ideas we have about how to make ED more Mainstream to get the Jew Golds

Discussion in 'Encyclopedia Dramatica Collaboration' started by Dr. Rice, Mar 24, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
  1. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    And by Mainstream, I don't mean faggotsville like Oh Internet status. By mainstream, I mean we keep all the nigger and cock jokes, but make something appealing to the masses. The best way to do this, in my opinion, is be more newsworthy. Oh Internet has the right idea about this, but went about it in the completely wrong way.

I once suggested this idea on old EDF, but was shut down by Cash and told to edit WhatPort80. I was very pissed. I don't remember exactly what I suggested, but my argument went something like this:

1) Encyclopedia Dramatica has an international appeal
    2) thus ED has international editors/writers
    3) Drama happens everyday all over the world
    4) Since anyone can upload pictures and videos, why not start a citizen journalist side-project about current events from the ground level.
    5) Since we record drama, there is nothing more drama inducing than politically related news
    6) Having (EDiot) commentaries about news events will get legitimate attention from outside forces, more diverse attention to ED will result in the value of ED advertisement spaces going up.

We can gamble on that internet culture is going to get more mainstream and thus more people will go to the site, but since most people are HUGE faggots, they will probably never discover ED and thus not visit our site.

I am sure you fags have ideas of your own and please share them @Weezus Christ

2. TwoStar

TwoStar
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Doing nothing all day
    Home Page:
  3. Kenneth

Kenneth
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Tesco
  4. lulzbomb

lulzbomb
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Maybe , but the only problem here is lack of motivation ,and or pay .

5. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Simplified, this is expanding the News subforum into it's own website. I picture it looking like Fark's evil steptwin. However unlike Fark, instead of backlinks, the articles are written by ED's crack journalist squad.

I support this and would be glad to help as an editor. I think it would generate lots of traffic. And because the articles are home-grown, there's a chance it could get picked up by Google News feed for some serious lulz potential.

6. Trixie

Trixie
    Expand Collapse
    The Nicest Poster on EDF2

I work in a library.
    uh...durr.

7. lulzbomb

lulzbomb
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I guess I am going to have to start paying attention to events IRL again ..............shit.

8. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I like this, I am going to start my original routine of reading the news.

9. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder
    Expand Collapse
    Likeicares Bitch

GBP Management Assistant
    Good thread.

It has always surprised me that we don't have an official YouTube channel, that way we could create videos about ED, VOTN, news, upload drama, generate some, and keep in touch with the jewtube EDiots. I think that would definitely contribute to make ED (and EDF) moar mainstream.

10. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    ED under Sherrod had something like this, but it was really shitty and never updated. @zaiger we should get something like this in development in a few months time.

11. lulzbomb

lulzbomb
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Truth

12. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse
    2017 Faggot Of The Year

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    Yeah totally. I can install some sort of content management system, whether it be wordpress or something else.

The news forum is basically just copy-pasta from other sites, as it's just for sharing articles, not actually reporting the news, but we could definitely do that. 99% of most "news" sites just rewrite articles already written by bigger news sites. We could start a completely different, yet related/associated site that writes news about OTI kind of along the lines of the Daily Dot/Buzzfeed etc.

13. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    An ED youtube channel and show is a greater priority in the near future than something news related.

14. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    And for the news related site, what if the EDitors wrote commentaries to events and then had a means to discuss these events in something like a comment section with any reader who posts a comment?

15. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Are there sites that already do that? if not, this is a good idea. If so, then this is just a high idea.

16. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Most news sites offer a comment section at the bottom of each article, looks and feels like a Web 1.0 Guestbook. That coupled with anonymous posting allowing images would be solid.

On a technical note, there are a few steps that could be taken to get the articles circulating on legit news feeds like Google News. The URL is critical, search engines look for numerical URLs when indexing news articles, so each new article would need to be saved as something like /040112.news/1135pmNEWS-TITLE.html

Also, since most legit news search engines would blacklist DramaticaNews (or whatever name is decided) once they figure out what's going on - the articles themselves could be saved to a separate domain. The main site could be used to backlink to the articles posted on a dummy domain like worldnetnews.com until the engines blacklist that site too. Once it's blacklisted, open another domain, register it on all search engines, and start uploading there.

Not exactly a cheap solution, but I think it would be effective for maximum exposure and lulz.

17. Edgeworth

Edgeworth
    Expand Collapse
    Systems Administrator

Web Developer/Systems Administrator
    I for one would love to see ED's political correspondence on the 2012 USA election. It's been hilarious thus far, and making a mockery of all the candidates would be right in our court.

18. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

Actually, I'd be willing to do research and write an essay/article about the American elections and other political events. You know, as commentary. But only if others contribute to their respective specialities.

19. Fraud Based Economy

Fraud Based Economy
    Expand Collapse
    Disinherited Nigerian Prince

I know how to make this site more mainstream. Just throw the server in the Amazon River (a 12th order stream).

20. Corn Hole Bob

Corn Hole Bob
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Goat Butter Salesman
    I used to work as a radio DJ, so i have some broadcast experience. If your looking for someone to do ED videos, I'm your man.

As far as this bullshit goes, relax. Facebook is 100% irrelevant, and look how big they are. With one (or probably multiple) youtube accounts, this shit could stay afloat indeffinatly. And if your worried about the lulz, i've found that with minimal effort, lulz generate automatically.

P.S. I'm not okay with ED going corporate. It's always been from the ground up, BUT, I do think it's time for some innovation. That's all faggots.

21. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    These are all great ideas. This was the weakness of pre-civil war ED, the admins had a top down style of management which stifled any innovation. Now if we can merely turn some of these ideas into actual policy, that would be pell mell.

22. Rock

Rock
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Pretty boy swag'n
    Home Page:
    AIRRRRRRRRRRRRR?
    BIURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

23. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    A nice launching point would be the Yank elections. Kind of like the Daily Show election coverage but with swearing, cocks, nigger jokes and TRUTH.

Following on from that, a Jewtube channel would be great - fair bit of work though.

Having ED become a portal of unvarnished truth, expressed in various media (including interpretive dance) would be bloody brilliant.

I fucking suck at audio and video, but will happily contribute written opinions as required.

24. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse
    2017 Faggot Of The Year

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    Ok well you guys think of a good name. We can set up and host the site, set up advertising etc. Is anyone proficient at wordpress? We will need a good full-featured theme.

25. Sqigur

Sqigur
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

bitchtits
    I enjoy EDF because there are less faggots here than OHI and KYM. Making it mainstream will only bring a massive appeal to those 13 year 4chonning dipshits. I prefer the obscurity and esoteric community we have here.
    :D

26. Solution

Solution
    Expand Collapse
    Everyone is boring

Home Page:
    Not about Mainstream, just new and different angles of gathering and sharing drama. Same game new stadium, newfaggots are newfaggot, aspies are aspies as long as we approach them the same way we do here they will go into lurk mode, leave or stay and supply us some one to kick around till they leave.

27. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse
    2017 Faggot Of The Year

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    ED's 2008 election coverage was awesome. We created 2 articles about Barack Obama because there was just so much shit that one wasn't enough, that along with John McCain made for some really lulzy shit.

28. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I am working on something important already for this. I will have more info about it in the coming days. You guys will love it.

29. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
  30. k-hate

k-hate
    Expand Collapse
    OG Dramacrat

I really like the youtube idea! I am busy a lot during the week so when I have downtime I never know what drama is going on OTI, it would be nice to have updates on whats going on.