The Animal Meat Thread (No Furries Allowed!!)

Discussion in 'Food, Drugs & Alcohol' started by m450n_yuno, Oct 21, 2011.

?

Do you eat meat?

1. Yes. I like putting thick juicy meat into my mouth, especially yuno's.

37.5%
  2. No. Animals are people too!! That's why I like buttfucking my cat.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I eat meat but I don't condone animal violence. Hurr durr I'm a liberal pussy.

25.0%
  4. IF you click anything other than this then you're a furry and should go die!!

37.5%
  1. m450n_yuno

m450n_yuno
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Professional Basement Dweller
    I recently read a book by Peter Singer called "Animal Liberation". In it he argues against the justifications of using animals for food, resources and for research. He says that everyone should adopt a vegetarian/vegan diet and not use animals except when the end justifies the means (like the research that lead to the polio vaccine).

I for one, eat meat and never really saw the justification of eating animals or even thought about it till now. What do you think? Why is eating animals justified?

I know most of you are carnivores so do me a favor, inb4 you're a pussy/rapes animal on your spare time/God put animals for us to eat/anything CW94 says.

2. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    where is the option for "suck oddguys meaty chod" ?

3. m450n_yuno

m450n_yuno
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

You want auto fellatio? You're going to break your back

4. ⑨⑨⑨

⑨⑨⑨
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Drawfag
    Home Page:
    If animals didn't want to be eaten they shouldn't be so fucking delicious in first place.

5. Erotic Boners

Erotic Boners
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Loser
    [​IMG]

Fox Udon looks pretty godlike

6. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I think Vegans are the most slowest smelliest obnoxious stuck up assholes, wityout being liberal hippies, but too bad most of them are.

One more thing, you do NOT want to have to use a toilet frequented by a Vegan, Vegans shit 24/7 and it fucking smells.
    They smell bad, they are ALLWAYS farting..
    And Vegan farts, they make people who smell them die from the inside out, seriously, you just don't want to live....
    If you have to put up with a Vegan threaten to beat his ass if he doesn't clean up those eggplant cucumber shit skidmarks on the bowl.

Other then that, i think animals need to be treated well.
    I do not want to be a stinky fucking vegan retard, so i honor Animals who died to provide me with food, they have always been respected and honored by me, pigs cows chicken and fish to name a few, i thank them.

7. Hammer Time

Hammer Time
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Student
    I'd say treat 'em well, kill 'em instantly, cook 'em bloody and then savour the exquisite taste.

Fact: thx to meat-eating, you got a 1500cc brain operating your body (or at least you should have).

8. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    Ask him if he abstains from all treatments and procedures developed using animal based research (apart from the above)

The answer is aways no.

until it can be demonstrated that these animals possess what we call consciousness i see no reason to grant them any more protection than microorganisms never-mind put human lives in danger for them.

Sorry to invoke Godwin's law but the analogy of a concentration camp to a chicken farm explains what i mean by consciousness.

If a human were placed in such a place it would be able to understand its purpose and the humans fate. Until it can be demonstrated that other animals can understand the world around them like this i see no reason not to leave them in the farms in ignorance of their fate.

9. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    I have no sympathy for people. As long as the animal is not sufficiently petable e.g. cat, I have no problem with killing an animal, regardless of sentience.

10. LoverBoy1997

LoverBoy1997
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

AppleJack is best pony.

11. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    no,fluttershy.

12. m450n_yuno

m450n_yuno
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Wouldn't you agree though that we live in a more modernized world and therefore have more options for eating and is it really ethical to raise chickens in an environment that reeks of their own shit, where they never get to see the light, except on the way to the slaughter house?

These are not my views but his, I'm only considering this now because I've seen first hand how chickens, pigs, and cows even dogs in the god forsaken plce full of retard monkeys that barely passes for a country, called the Philippines. Singer's arguments reminded me of when I was nine and I had a puppy who I raised for three months, then it got loose and ended up on my neighbor's dinner plate. Now, I was nine so I cried and shit myself obviously when I found out that people ate dogs and I thought that that was inherently evil for some reason. But I thought again what's so different with that and pigs? So I tried to not eat meat for the first time but then I realized I had no other options since there was only meat and rice and rice is digusting alone. But now that I live in the US and have more options I'm beginning to think about whether or not it's worth it.

13. m450n_yuno

m450n_yuno
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Bronies are furries please don't polute this thread.

14. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    No and any attempt at putting your own consciousness inside a chickens head is fallacious .
    Dogs are social animals like ourselves.

Nobody can answer that question for you, I understand how rare life is un the known universe and that (intelligent life) is even more rare and base my decision on that.

15. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    go fuck love and tolerate yourself !

16. m450n_yuno

m450n_yuno
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Why do you define intelligence in human terms? The only difference between us going to the moon via rockets and monkeys stacking up boxes to reach a banana is that 2% of DNA that we don't share. So what if there is more intelligent life in the universe besides us and they find our flesh to be particularly delicious, would it then justify them eating us because they exist in a supernatural level of consciousness that we can't understand?

I love you too.

17. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    Because we represent the first time (to our knowledge) that the universe has become self aware, Don't you see how important that is ?

And in evolutionary terms thats as big a gap as single cell/multi cell.

Ive heard this argument as many times as the watchmaker argument and its just as retarded, We are self aware they arnt its not a sliding scale its a distinction we don't remove the rights of truthers just because theyre less intelligent than other people.

18. LoverBoy1997

LoverBoy1997
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

SHIT NIGGER, I RESPECT YOUR OPINION

19. KelpBurn

KelpBurn
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Proffessional Brony
    The only reason people began turning to vegetarianism and veganism is because of:
    1) Protesting the poor treatment of animals in slaughter or growth. (which is true in some cases)
    and
    2) The inability to hunt animals for food and the ease of growing bumper crops.

Then they started spewing the new-age health bullshit and how eating meat is evil because they're humans too or some shit. Pretty much PETA with food.

20. m450n_yuno

m450n_yuno
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

You call my arguments retarded but yours was the same that eugenicists used to determine that any non-white persons are not comlete simply because they have darker skins. And if we go by your argument that DNA determines self awareness then does that justify killing or eating people with downs or other genetic problems?
    Besides why do you even eat meat in the first place? I can understand that when we were hunter gatherers that it was the only choice. But we have a plethora of choices now even meat substitutes that taste the same.

21. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    If that were the case they would have come to the conclusion that the non-white persons and our extinct ancestors were in fact self aware and have a right to life.

Its not my argument, You could have an alien race with 0% in common with us and still self aware. Secondly a person with down syndrome is not unconscious if you really wanted a fair comparison you could use a person in a coma on life support and even then you wouldn't be close to a chicken.

Because people on your side of the debate have failed miserably in convincing others with your piss poor arguments and relay on violence instead ?

22. m450n_yuno

m450n_yuno
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

And yours hasn't been violent?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can argue that they're not as smart as us or communicate in the same level as us but it doesn't change the fact that they are sentient. As for the guy in the coma, I am for euthanasia provided that the guy who's in the coma stated it in some way before. I rejected trying to make that comparison because the eugenics actually tried to kill and imprison people with genetic disorders, in fact, it was tied to the anti-semitism that happened in the concentration camp.

But just the very fact that human hubris would go to such lengths as eliminating a whole species for food (like the currently going blue fin tuna crisis), or that a group of perceived might and intelligence would enslave another and deny them human rights, or would go so far as to kill for pleasure, or use resources like oil without thinking of the catastrophic events that happened for there to be even oil reserves, or continue to do things that they know damages them and others just to feel momentary pleasure, like smoking and alcohol, this all not only show the hypocrisy that go with being "intelligent" as you define it.

And to your statement that people on my side have failed miserably, countries like Britain has 5.6% population of vegetarians and 4 % in the US (compare that to only 1.6% who are atheists, which based on your previous postings in other threads, you are).

EDIT: I acknowledge that I might be wrong about you being an atheist so if I am, I apologize in advance.

23. molb*

molb*
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Bulbous

24. m450n_yuno

m450n_yuno
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

NO U!!

25. molb*

molb*
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Bulbous
    You gentlemen who think you have a mission
    To purge us of the seven deadly sins
    Should first sort out the basic food position
    Then start your preaching, that’s where it begins

You lot who preach restraint and watch your waist as well
    Should learn, for once, the way the world is run
    However much you twist or whatever lies that you tell
    Food is the first thing, morals follow on

So first make sure that those who are now starving
    Get proper helpings when we all start carving
    What keeps mankind alive?

What keeps mankind alive?
    The fact that millions are daily tortured
    Stifled, punished, silenced and oppressed
    Mankind can keep alive thanks to its brilliance
    In keeping its humanity repressed
    And for once you must try not to shriek the facts
    Mankind is kept alive by bestial acts

26. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    What kind of non sequitur is this shit ?

until it can be demonstrated that these animals possess what we call consciousness i see no reason to grant them any more protection than microorganisms never-mind put human lives in danger for them.

Sorry to invoke Godwin's law but the analogy of a concentration camp to a chicken farm explains what i mean by consciousness.

If a human were placed in such a place it would be able to understand its purpose and the humans fate. Until it can be demonstrated that other animals can understand the world around them like this i see no reason not to leave them in the farms in ignorance of their fate.

Great nazis bad we get it, Now if you can refrain from making emotional non sequitur's in future ?

Your presenting a false dichotomy either you stop hunting or the whale will become extinct.

Theres a third option, Hunt but keep the growth rate positive, Works fine for deer,rabbits, fish etc etc etc

Again with the sliding scale of intelligence versus intelligent versus non intelligent life.

We have more responsibility than any other life on this planet and our (modern) society has only been around for 200 years what the fuck do you expect.

And in the US 98.4% of people are religious guess that means they've met their burden of proof.

27. m450n_yuno

m450n_yuno
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

First of all, I am not preaching, I eat meat but am thinking otherwise at the moment
    Second, I wasn't saying ALL shouldn't eat meat I said those who can afford or have the option to do so should consider it
    Third, Rhyming doesn't make your argument any more poetic than dr seuss' cocaine induced elememtary rhymes.

It's not as simple as making the tunas fuck more just like rabbits. The current overfishing of the blue fin is continually fueled by more and. more demand fron the west, 1 blue was even sold at over 100,000 dollars. So yes, the burden is in humans.
    Again, just because animals don't communicate in the same way that you do it still is able to learn, think and feel. As for consciousness, the term in itself is still in argument if you're referring to the objective idealism presented by Berkeley's Mind being dependent on God then you actually have an argument. But seeing as how you say you're an atheist I would surmise and say that you are also an imperical materialist therefore you should know that perception and sensation are dependent on experiences as skinner and piaget puts it so bluntly on their behaviorist theories and that justifying existence or consciousness of external objects has no concluding basis. Vasubandhu makes one of the best argument that being perceptions are only in the mind.
    But if you still argue on this objective idealism that you have about consciousness, you commit to the fallacy of anthropomorphism within the universe, its contents, and the Other.
    So unless you have some sort of clear definition of what constitutes the nature of consciousness itself, then I would argue once again that your mention of consciousness without any emperically verifiable substance attributing it to man and ONLY man is complete and utter shit.

28. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    Your presenting a false dichotomy either you stop hunting or the whale will become extinct.

Theres a third option, Hunt but keep the growth rate positive, Works fine for deer,rabbits, fish etc etc etc

It does mean however that they will walk back and forth clucking like retards blissfully ignorant of their impending doom.

Again with the metaphysics , There is no other animal baring our ancestors which are dead that is able to determine if its in a slaughter house and thats an important distinction when it comes to farming animals for food.

As ive said before There is no other animal baring our ancestors which are dead that is able to determine if its in a slaughter house and thats an important distinction when it comes to farming animals for food.

Even the wikipedia article on humans notes our unique ability to understand our environment.

29. m450n_yuno

m450n_yuno
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

If you have seen an animal being slaughtered with your own eyes then you know that they don't just cluck back and forth like retards. I'm assuming that you're obviously a white kid who's been given everything you've asked for since you can't be bothered to form any incoherent opinions of your own, even CW94 does better than you. I can personally say that I have watched, as a kid, dozens of goats, pigs, chickens, doves, dogs, being slaughtered, in addition to the death toll that is made because of the ubiquitousness of cock fighting in my country, and try as they may they try to take any chance at freedom they can take, but chickens have been injected with so much chemicals that they can barely carry their own weight, much less run away from human when they've never even seen the sun, and bounded in cages.
    First of all, there is no false dichotomy in my argument (based on what you said) to stop the overfishing of tuna, or at least set a quota on the amount being fished as the World Wildlife Fund, the UN and NATO suggested. There is a team of scientists in the province of Nikei who's already developed efficient farming methods for tuna for ten years, yet less than one percent of the tunas in the Tokyo fish market, where everybody(this is not a hyperbole) gets their tuna, are commercially farmed. So I said it once and I'll say it again, It is not as simple as making them fuck each other more. Now I know that there is a false dichotomy in this, but unless you're trying for a radical change in the way the market system works, which I don't see anytime happening soon, then you only have two options. The extinction of the blue fin in the wild, or a small change in your diet.
    Second, your elementary wikipedia definition of consciousness would not even stand for a second in any phenomenological arguments. Confronted with the Other, you cannot fully emphasize a singular subjective notion of consciousness. You cannot simply distinguish the Levina's account of the Ethical and not include in it renouncing your egotism.
    Finally, just because you constitute a fully egocentric humanist Self, does not mean you can justify the violation for the Lacanian order for the Other, and if you're going to respond with wikipedia definitions then do me a favor and actually think before you answer back.

30. Andria Kilgore

Andria Kilgore
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Dead
    This.