Tested my soundcards....

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by Ahseyo, Jul 23, 2011.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. Ahseyo

Ahseyo
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

DJ, Music Producer, Synth Programmer
    Here's the thing. I've been producing music with DAW:s for quite a while now. Tried Reason and FL Studio...Now here's the deal with FL Studio; I can't be using it for a proper god damn mixdown, because of the audio engine. However, my USB soundcard shouldn't really be a problem since I've tried it on Reason and the audio works just fine. The issue with audio is that it starts to crack between every now and then, and it's therefore hard for me to get a good mixdown.
    I tried both my standard soundcard and USB soundcard in both FL Studio and Reason. I never had a problem with this in Reason but I had this in FL studio. Since I newly converted to Ableton Live, I haven't had this issue either. Should I look in deeper in to this or should I just change to another DAW? The problem is that I love FL Studio and the MIDI engine works just fine...

2. ItsRaidDay

ItsRaidDay
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Stick with FL Studio. Just turn up buffer length to like 90ms. Also, use your usb soundcard.

3. Ahseyo

Ahseyo
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

That's what I've done and I tried changing the buffer length, and it didn't help at all.
    Let's just face it; The audio engine is crap. Then again I used like heavy processing synths like Massive and Nexus... But that still haven't been an issue in Ableton or Reason.

4. ItsRaidDay

ItsRaidDay
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

IMO its really not that bad. Are you using ASIO Drivers?

5. Ahseyo

Ahseyo
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Yeah for all my DAW's. And I've updated them as well. Shouldn't really be a problem running it.

6. ItsRaidDay

ItsRaidDay
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

hmm, you shouldn't be having problems. Did you pirate it? Also, take a screenshot of your settings and tell me what your sound card is.

7. Ahseyo

Ahseyo
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Bought FL Studio, rest is pirated and feeling pretty bad about it now lol. Will try to buy it later. And my soundcard is a Steinberg C12.

8. ItsRaidDay

ItsRaidDay
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Steinberg C12

Cons

Not at its best when used with other DAWs. Not USB 2.0.

The fact that is not USB 2.0 is probably the issue imo. This sounds crazy but try using your onboard sound, it might just have less latency. Also, it doesnt matter that much if you pirated FL Studio, but sometimes the cracks can screw with the audio engine. Honestly your best bet is calling their customer support if this doesnt work.

9. Ahseyo

Ahseyo
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Okay, but I haven't had any problem with either Reason or Ableton. I just got Cubase 6 and plan on installing it soon enough. IDK if I'll do a permanent change whatsoever because I like the tools in FL Studio as I like the GUI in Ableton and the routing capabilties in Reason and I'm using them all frequently to different purposes...

10. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    >.>
    <.<

11. ItsRaidDay

ItsRaidDay
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

What? you dont like asio?

12. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    No, no! I love ASIO. Long live ASIO! May its reign never end!