Terrible drinks you've had bars make

Discussion in 'Food, Drugs & Alcohol' started by Voodeuxfy, Nov 10, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. Voodeuxfy

Voodeuxfy
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I build cool shit, and investments.
    Home Page:
    The three most notable ones I have bars make are:

The World War-
    Double shot glass of Jegar, Knob Creek bourbon, and Absolute straight vodka

The Irish Full Nelson-
    Killian's with Jamison and Bailey's Irish cream.

Nuclear Reactor-
    Jack Daniels, UV Vodka, Four Loco, and topped with Absinthe which you light on fire.

• Disgusting Disgusting x 1
    • List
  2. MedicalParrot

MedicalParrot
    Expand Collapse
    Pffffft

Oh yeah
    Home Page:
    I had a Purple Tentacle at some shitty "gaming nightclub". I don't know what was in it, but I know I never want to try it again.

3. minty

minty
    Expand Collapse
    toymaker

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Slavoj Jizzek

Slavoj Jizzek
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I'm an evil Scotsman and my name is Jock
    I don't order mixed drinks at bars because I'm not a

TREMENDOUS FAGGOT

Try a beer, queer.

5. MedicalParrot

MedicalParrot
    Expand Collapse
    Pffffft

Oh yeah
    Home Page:
    Bars are too expensive while I'm studying. I'm not a huge beer drinker, but I like James Squire and Little Creatures.

Bourbon will always be my favourite, though.

6. Slavoj Jizzek

Slavoj Jizzek
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

College bars are cheap. They frequently had $1 beer nights and $4 pitcher nights. I just hated the company. Too many spics poured in and got overly grabby with the women and anybody who looked at them. The frat boys weren't much better. The women cried rape when they felt they were cheated and decent men were few. I miss those bars. In my small suburban town they're dominated by Jews and/or Russian mob.

Welcome to an early discovery. Booze is cheaper when purchased direct. Markup in bars is 600% on tap and 1000% on mixed drink and bottle. This is courtesy of a close friend of mine who managed the Buckhead in Philly.

I always pregamed and let my dumb friends buy me drinks at the bar.

As for Whisk(e)y, I don't know how your import taxes are. I tend to go Canadian for cheapness and NAFTA ensures the tariff doesn't break the bank. American bourbon is overpriced and shitty. Irish whiskey, particularly Michael Collins and Tully are good and cheap. Scotch is riding off a reputation it doesn't deserve and won't be at a fair price until a quarter after 2000.

7. MedicalParrot

MedicalParrot
    Expand Collapse
    Pffffft

Oh yeah
    Home Page:
    That sounds like the majority of the bars where I live, except there are also fat, middle-aged women who bring their children for some stupid reason and expect everyone else to babysit them, and tonnes of pommy tourists that do nothing but whinge half the time, and one pint of beer is $16. :|

And the place where I live, the other students have what they call "parties" all of the time. It generally involves the host inviting their stupid, drunken female friends and leaving the room to go on Facebook so that the rest of us have to deal with their stupid questions ranging from, "Do you feel like people judge you for drinking Passion Pop (girly goon/cheap wine, basically)?", to, "Does this skirt make me look fat?" and other such things. Oh, and then all the hipsters arrive and try to force us to listen to shitty music from Brazil that doesn't even have a coherent rhythm. The people here don't even like Pearl Jam, either. It's all Katy Perry, Britney Spears and the drunken screams of dozens of girls.

Fun!

I think that's most of the reason why I'm not much of a social drinker.

8. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    Where the fuck are you drinking?

And can you actually get pints in QLD...?

9. Slavoj Jizzek

Slavoj Jizzek
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Noted. Sounds like parties everywhere in the US. My good friend/frat boy had his birthday party. He's a teddy bear and mismatched with the frat. I've never been surrounded by so many ugly and stupid assholes in my life.

Ironically I was a founding father of the frat, SAE. It's the biggest US frat. When I started it was going to be about academics and other shit. The founding president left and some barely literate New Jersey boy took over and his lifelong goal was to get drunk on a boat. I dropped and did my own shit.

That's the party scene. People whose lifelong goal is to get shitfaced on something that floats. They're living through the best years of their lives in front of you. They are useful as a spectacle only. Don't get yourself mixed up or confused with them. University is for a degree. Booze is to relieve stress. The only people who let it become a lifestyle end up fucked by the winds of time.

Although I'm not necessarily one to talk 9 months out from graduation with no salaried job because I was dumb enough to study writing.

Drink with close friends. Buy cheap. The best bars are hardwood mirrored places where men and decent women converge and keep separate. The men discuss how much life sucks and the women complain about their men. They're expensive, but you're not paying for the booze. You're paying for the environment.

I always wanted to visit Australia. When I considered graduate school, my advisor pointed me towards the University of Melbourne. As for stuff that doesn't have a coherent rhythm, I like Meshuggah so I think I'd cope.

10. MedicalParrot

MedicalParrot
    Expand Collapse
    Pffffft

Oh yeah
    Home Page:
    When I'm choosing what to study, a huge factor for me is job availability in the industry and the amount of money I could earn. That's why I'm ditching animation, haha!

Most places here are shit, but there is one pub a friend has been telling me about. Apparently, you're not allowed in unless you're wearing a suit or the female equivalent.

It doesn't sound like my sort of thing but most of the dick heads here don't even WEAR suits, let alone own one.

11. MedicalParrot

MedicalParrot
    Expand Collapse
    Pffffft

Oh yeah
    Home Page:
    Also, Melbourne's universities are pretty good. Unfortunately, you have to deal with people like Likeicare, hipsters and criminals. Fun!

12. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Not even kidding. A bottle of gray goose can run $250 at the club unless you're hunting for deals. Huge fucking waste of money imo.

Also any man walking around the bar with a mixed drink is actually a chick stuck in a man's body. Get your shit together and drink a corona you pussy. Bar by my house has Guinness Draught on tap for $1 every night, best shit ever.

Only mixed drinks I'll touch is bloody marys or white russians, and only when I'm at home. Those are like leisure time drinks. Some of those drinks listed sound fucking dangerous. I wouldn't trust myself in public after downing 2 nuclear rainbows.

13. Slavoj Jizzek

Slavoj Jizzek
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Eh. I'm a seasoned pro. I can take 5 drinks in an hour before being rendered useless. I owned a game of flip-cup my first time playing due to my abilities.

Guinness is a good stout. It's the best I've come across. Bock? hit the Germans. Dopplebock? Hit the Germans. Everything else hit Bavaria or Belgium. Irish have Whiskey and Stout. That's about it.

I'm good and drunk now. It's been about 6 hours and I've had 15 drinks. Honestly, I feel more Irish than American on these nights. I'm no plastic Paddy. I know brief Irish politics and basic Irish mythology. My family has abandoned their Irish ties in America for their own sake. I can't blame them. That said, nothing will change the fact that my family owns an entire Irish province. I found out about 4 or years ago that Cavan Co. (the jews of Ire) are us. My family's better off in the US than the Emerald slave-dump so i don't say much. That said, it tickles me knowing who the real O'Rahilly is.

14. minty

minty
    Expand Collapse
    toymaker

faggot :gaben:

15. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:

16. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

for some reason i was reading a 1/2 oz as 1/2 a shot. change that number from 2 to 6. but i wouldn't drink them anyway because i am not a woman.

i do love rumple mintz though

17. minty

minty
    Expand Collapse
    toymaker

:rolleyes:

18. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

im not from the jersey shore :gaben:

beer here

19. minty

minty
    Expand Collapse
    toymaker

i don't duckface enough/too pale to be from jersey
    :D
    you're still a goof

20. hkh

hkh
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

prostitot
    the only drinks i get when i go out are:

jameson/ginger ale
    jim beam/ginger ale
    crown/ginger ale

irish car bombs
    snake bites [jack and lime juice chilled ]

cause im not a huge fucking faggot.

21. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

Dumbass bartender was so concerned trying to mix it right, that she only charged me the regular mixed drink price ($7). I had to bring my own SlimJim though.

Edit: Lol @theREALMEN here who get their masculinity from what they drink.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  22. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

I get reassurance from your mother.

23. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    Lol, my mother looks like a weeblewobble. You can get all the reassurance you desire from that fat cunt.
    She is also a dirty hippie that never learned2razor.

24. Andria Kilgore

Andria Kilgore
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Dead
    Worst I had was a Bloody Mary at a bar in Central California in 2005 or so. Their worst well vodka (I think it was Popov), institutional-brand tomato juice in cans that looked like something from the early 1960s, some cheapo brand of Worcestershire sauce that most likely came from a "Grocery Outlet" store and Lawry's seasoning salt. They charged me $8.50 before tax on it.

I can make a better one at home, usually I use Trader Joe's tomato juice, Skyy or Finlandia vodka, English-formula Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and fresh-ground black pepper.

Any time I get a mixed drink it has to be something I can actually taste the liquor in, unless my sweet tooth kicks in, then it has to be Captain Morgan and coke, Jagerbombs or Jack and coke, in which you can still taste alcohol to a lesser extent. Otherwise it is malt liquor, Guinness Stout or fortified wine for me.

25. aggressiveboob

aggressiveboob
    Expand Collapse
    lightly salted

At a Xmas party with an open bar, I had the bartender mix Bacardi 151, Kahlua and coke in a regular glass, double strength with the liquor. In the moment, I was "Fuck yeah!" but after awhile I immediately regretted my decision. Had the worst heartburn ever afterwards.

• List
  26. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    wow

sugarysweet depth charge, heading south to rape your digestive tract.

fuck the heartburn - what was your shit like the next day? pics and vid if available.

• I Fapped I Fapped x 2
    • Good Question Good Question x 1
    • List
  27. Ttreeseckxxxx

Ttreeseckxxxx
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Tldr your obviously uptight

28. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    Semaphore
    [​IMG]
    griotte(cherry liquor), eggnog, peppermint liquor. :vomit:

The Brain
    [​IMG]
    eggnog slowly poured into the griotte. As disgusting as it looks...

Titanic
    [​IMG]
    Vodka, Curaçao, Galliano, Vermouth. Or dump everything but the vodka and tap-water ice and it's equally as disgusting.

this glass of condensed piss needs no introduction...
    [​IMG]
    :rage:

Thor's Hammer
    beer+mead. this is actually quite good, but the hangover may be brutal, if you manage to drink enough of that shit.. still, way better than jägerbombs, imo.

Also beer+nearly any soda, wine+soda(coke), wine+rum. Just say fucking no with me, you filthy boozehounds.. :D

• List
  29. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

You're*

• List
  30. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse