Support SOPA for the lulz

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by ExplosiveDiareah, Nov 27, 2011.

1. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

So if this Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) Goes through, the internet will be a place of much lulz as just about every website in existence would be violating it,
    everybody is oh so against it, because they have no life, and are trying to bundle this as a freedom of speech issue, but the fact is, if the bill involves granting powers to copyright holders to pull their content from unauthorized uploaders or websites, i want to support it just to enjoy the butthurt and shitstorm.

And the silver lining?
    No more faggots on Youtube like..
    TheAngryVideogameNerd
    Armake21
    IrateGamer

Or any of the other 12 hundred or so insignificant nobodies who get attention by streaming copyrighted content (videogame footage)
    i don't know about you, but the idea of a world where people who spend all their time talking nonstop about shit nobody cares about with videogames, is a step in the good direction if they get ostracized for it.

Oh and Fanart may even be violatory of the act, which after seeing shit like Scar getting sucked into Simba's rectum while Simba cums, being the norm for what constitutes fanart these days, or stuff like shooping foreskin and testes to Bolt, makes this thing seem even sweeter.

Might as well look at the positives of this Bill because as you know, your opinion on the matter does not count, and the bill will be passed, just like the Universal Healthcare bill will be panned, because Money is the deciding factor, and the entertainment industry has that money.
    oh well, while they are busy pulling youtube video's that will leave us Limewire (Bit-torrent) users alone to do our own thing :)

2. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

And i am concerned about what it will mean for Encyclopedia Dramatica, but hey it's still better than a Bill that blocks the first amendment online.

3. Immortal_Cake

Immortal_Cake
    Expand Collapse
    Noice

B.S. in Bullshit
    Home Page:
    New So if this Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) Goes through, the internet will be a place of much lulz as just about every website in existence would be violating it,
    everybody is oh so against it, because they have no life, and are trying to bundle this as a freedom of speech issue, but the fact is, if the bill involves granting powers to copyright holders to pull their content from unauthorized uploaders or websites, i want to support it just to enjoy the butthurt and shitstorm.

And the silver lining?
    No more faggots on Youtube like..
    TheAngryVideogameNerd
    Armake21
    IrateGamer

Or any of the other 12 hundred or so insignificant nobodies who get attention by streaming copyrighted content (videogame footage)
    i don't know about you, but the idea of a world where people who spend all their time talking nonstop about shit nobody cares about with videogames, is a step in the good direction if they get ostracized for it.

Oh and Fanart may even be violatory of the act, which after seeing shit like Scar getting sucked into Simba's rectum while Simba cums, being the norm for what constitutes fanart these days, or stuff like shooping foreskin and testes to Bolt, makes this thing seem even sweeter.

Might as well look at the positives of this Bill because as you know, your opinion on the matter does not count, and the bill will be passed, just like the Universal Healthcare bill will be panned, because Money is the deciding factor, and the entertainment industry has that money.
    oh well, while they are busy pulling youtube video's that will leave us Limewire (Bit-torrent) users alone to do our own thing

©2011 by Immortal_Cake all rights reserved.

4. Bogus Journey

Bogus Journey
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

being a fucking loser
    I love the moral panics these bills cause.

5. Immortal_Cake

Immortal_Cake
    Expand Collapse
    Noice

B.S. in Bullshit
    Home Page:
    I love the moral panics these bills cause.

©2011 by Immortal_Cake all rights reserved.

6. Edgeworth

Edgeworth
    Expand Collapse
    Systems Administrator

Web Developer/Systems Administrator
    No

7. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

chances are, they won't even care about amateur videogame reviewers.
    but it's not like it would affect gametrailers and IGN and Gamespot who actually get footage FROM the publishers and devs, which means it is authorized, Jimquisition and MovieBob from the Escapist are really butthurt about the bill, because they both say it affects their jobs, probably because.

Jim= uses stock footage for his intro's
    dunno about Destructoid maybe he is worried because Destructoid borrows allot from fair use.
    but even if it happens, he won't be out of Business, he is awesome because of what he says, not what he uses.

Moviebob= NEEDS to use clipart in the form of googled images and constantly replays the same trailer footage in a loop throughout most of his reviews.

and above all, they both aren't entirely professional, because they don't get approval from the copyright holders, otherwise they would not be complaining.
    I haven't seen Yahtzee complain yet, but then again, he only uses the boxart most of the time, or publicly released screenshots, his video's would probably come under PARODY and by law you don't need approval to make a parody.
    i learned this from Weird Al's Wikipedia page, but he gets approval from the artist before making a parody because he is a nice guy.
    Yahtzee also stopped copyrighted music in the intro and credits of his vids to avoid copyright issues, his fans bitched and he said basically "Fuck you! deal with it! besides that new music written for me gets me pumped to make more vids!"

8. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

9. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    [​IMG]

©2011 by CallMeMaggot all rights reserved

10. The Doctor

The Doctor
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Doesn't Work
    Home Page:
  11. The Doctor

The Doctor
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Doesn't Work
    Home Page:
    But I like AVGN. Fuck no.

12. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

People still watch him?
    you can only watch someone say every variation and contextual use of the word fuck and shit then it's just not funny any more.

Tell me does he still say "What were they thinking????" in that forced unconvincing stressed tone?
    I stopped watching around the time he started trying to sell DVD's

13. The Doctor

The Doctor
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Doesn't Work
    Home Page:
    Funny thing is and I don't know why but every time I watch his channel I have to bring some sort of food to the computer desk with me.

14. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

it's true, I'm annoyed by those people on youtube who have those long-ass intros for themselves consisting of reams of cool-looking yet unrelated footage created by other people.

but the thing is, companies WILL abuse the power that they gain from this bill, it's a given, I'd rather have annoying people posting other people's shit than not be able to post screenshots and such.

15. Khanzer

Khanzer
    Expand Collapse
    EDF official mascot

Wizard
    I like him too, he swear to much but he he always have a point.

16. The Doctor

The Doctor
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Doesn't Work
    Home Page:
    Last time I saw a YouTard taken a clip from Series 5 Doctor Who (the Time Vortex bit) and when some other fag asked if he could use that footage, the original fag who uploaded wanted the fag who asked him for permission to give him credit rather than BBC, who holds the right to Doctor Who.

But yes, I don't support this bill from ever being passed because I don't want people like TFS going away.

Oh, and do I have to mention the faggots who upload HD videos of DBZ? They always put long-assed intros in the beginning or put their names at the botton right corner using some annoying Sony Vegas effect.

17. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

People put their really long name intro's on shit because they need attention, and think they are cool.
    is this the series 5 intro you were talking about @11th Doctor ?

great effects....

but this is the awesome Eccleston era intro.

18. The Doctor

The Doctor
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Doesn't Work
    Home Page:
    No, it was some other guy.

But wouldn't ED get censored pretty quick if SOPA passes? It's offensive to a lot of Christfags (basically every U.S. politician) and it's not based in the U.S.

19. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

oh yeah those people really piss me off.

yeah, abridged series are not only really funny if done right, they're also good for the shows they're abridging, I mean, would Yugioh be even half as popular as it is now without LK? if those were taken down, then the internet would be a lot more boring.

I mean, sure, Abridgers can do other things with their time which don't infringe copyright, LK is doing voiceovers for TOME for example, but without the ability to parody things, we lose too much good shit.

this is another good point, sure WE could all proxy past the block, but what about other people? ED is meant for everyone, not just those of us who know how to use the internet properly. the internet is the last place on earth where true freedom may be practiced, and that's because it's still full of frontiers, if it becomes limited, then we'll no longer be really free, and we won't get another frontier area until the next technological breakthrough, private colonizing of space maybe

20. The Doctor

The Doctor
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Doesn't Work
    Home Page:
    They might as well censor several proxy websites as well.

Even if you have your own proxy, many people are not that computer-savvy.

21. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

SOPA is about piracy and intellectual property rights, not freedom of speech,
    It's about stopping people from pirating games and movies and shit.
    To be honest, i cannot blame (in particular) Videogame developers, they only make money through one method, buying the game, Movies and Music? they have Cinema screenings, larger demographics, allot of people who do not care for piracy and just buy the movie, and merchandising, Music artists, have Tours CD's collectibles and merchandising.
    Videogame merchandise is always usually one time only limited offers, because it costs allot of money to have a manufacturing company constantly producing products for you, due to the costs of fabrication, it only becomes cheap if the demand is high, and anyway, pirates of videogames PLUNDER THE SHIT out of it, and when it comes to SOPA i say, torrenting a movie is NOT freedom of speech, your just a fucking thief who unlike me cannot stand up and say "I am doing the wrong thing, i am stealing"

i've downloaded stuff instead of paying for it before, in the past, but now? i buy everything, i support the videogame industry, with Movies, i might get a torrent of one if i am too impatient for the DVD release, then when the DVD comes out, i just upgrade to the legitimate article.
    since movies can be had for Peanuts where a live when they become 3 month's old past their release date, i actually am so fucking lazy that compared to buying a DVD renting and burning is a chore.

22. The Doctor

The Doctor
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Doesn't Work
    Home Page:
    But wouldn't SOPA censor any website that does not originate from the US?

23. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Nope not that i know of.

24. Rape Train

Rape Train
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Worst drug dealer ever
    When SOPA passes all the basement dwellers will collectively rise out of their dwellings, and if they don't die walking up the stairs, step into the sunlight.
    The sudden genesis of the undesirables will cause mass devastation, as the normal humans are confronted with a threat they had no idea existed underground; right next door to them. No doubt when this revelation dawns on them; they will panic. Drivers will crash cars; doctors, law enforcement, and other valued personal will barricade themselves inside their homes out of disgust. Their will be riots as the populace now believes the end is upon them. Estimated death toll in the first 24 hours? 700,000.
    The next day will be equally as Hellish. The dwellers will require feeding. They'll tear apart their local Asian import stores, and their 7-11s, and their McDonalds. A swarm of greasy locust, maddened by their insatiable appetite for cholesterol and pocky. Anyone caught in their path will be trampled to death; the weight of the basement dwellers crushing even the burliest of the normals. Americas food sources will be depleted within a week. Projected death toll over the course of the next month? 25,000,000.
    The dwellers will then begin to evolve in order to find new ways of stealing movies, games, anime, and music. The entertainment industry will be ravaged as artists are captured to become the play things of the dwellers. Men and women forced to sing and dance and act out scenes of Cowboy Bebop in the nude, coated in cheeto dust, fed only the scraps of their peers. For you see; the dwellers will take to cannibalizing the normals when they run out of their precious pocky. The death toll will plateau after the first three months with over 50,000,000 dead.
    Soon the dwellers will realize that they have sex drives. This... this is what I most fear. They will realize that their attraction to Hentai is only because they had no idea that their were real woman walking right outside of their homes. No one will be safe; not the men, not the women, not the children, not even the other basement dwellers. Society will be a place where anyone caught outdoors will be forced into a violent frenzy of rape and acne. Familes will move into their own basements, for the dwellers will have inherited the Earth. Or at least America. It might as well be the Earth though; fuck other countries.
    Any children that aren't captured and raped to death will cease their educations, for the streets will be alive with the heavy heartbeats and incessant sweating of the basment dwellers. So even when the final dweller drinks the final Mountain Dew and keels over; their will be no one left with the aptitude to run the country. The survivors will be in their own dark age, and I doubt they will be able to survive for long, as the rotting corpses of the members of society will fill the streets, and disease and starvation will ravage the few unlucky enough to survive.

And this is how the world ends; not with a bang, but a SOPA.

25. The Doctor

The Doctor
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Doesn't Work
    Home Page:
    During horrible times like these, look for a blue box in the sky.

26. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

How are you supposed to see a Blue box in the sky? You wouldn't IT'S BLUE

27. The Doctor

The Doctor
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Doesn't Work
    Home Page:
    The sky will be covered in darkness.

28. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

You got rid of the Darkness.

29. The Doctor

The Doctor
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Doesn't Work
    Home Page:
    Over 9,000 times for at least 100 galactic groups in the universe.