Stu Levy

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by n1bblir, Aug 2, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. n1bblir

n1bblir
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Remember Stu Levy? I sure do, this guy is the biggest faggot that the weeab-sphere has ever seen. This guy used Tokyopop basically just for promoting his own shitty comic about Courtney Love (who I'm pretty sure he was just writing it so he could fuck her), and abused what was left of the company to the ground.)

Now, let's not fool ourselves, Tokyopop almost died, how many times? 3? 4 times before it became a real company? Mixx Zine, Smile, Tokyopop (the magazine), and so it got re-invented so many times over the period of it's conception it's clear this guy must have ADHD or some shit. Nothing else makes any sense. The only thing that was successful before was Mixx Zine, and that's because there was no other manga magazine around at the time to provide this shit.

So anyway, Tokyopop gets conceived as a publishing company and goes ahead, gets really strong in the business. All the work they put out, 95% of it was a fucking abortion. So many of these books are so awful and horrible and Tom Preston in quality. Shitty american mangu up on shitty american mangu. And here comes Levy who puts in his own title, which seems pretty well done but gets so much promotional coverage over the others it's like a joke.

Not to mention the fact he called himself "DJ Milky", or as I mentioned before this manga was based on Courtney Love. (Apparently she has a huge following in Japan, wut? I never heard of this before hand at all and this was when I was wapanese). I don't know why Japan would care for a worn out slut like Courtney, they seem to be obsessed with idols who are under 25 and she's like, what 50? She also looks nothing like Courtney in the comic, a joke, haha. I'm sure it didn't sell in fucking japan.

TL;DR, anyway, Stu ends up focusing more on american manga than he does on japanese manga. That said, it's probably because he also fucked Kodonasha out of the money he agreed to give them. Because of this Kodonasha decides they had enough for Stu's faggotry and decide to pull all the titles and give the rest to Del Rey (ironically they actually bought that company I think to release books themselves. So then Stu had no where else to turn to but make shitty mangu comics. But they try to pin this mostly on Boarders shutting down. This happened in March 2011 BTW.

Wait, it's not done. Shortly before this they announced that even though they weren't coming out with any new titles, they'll be selling old ones as a print on demand option. Which might have been good, but like, less than 2 weeks later the Earthquake in japan hit. Stu thought this was a great chance to get famous once again and as a result, decided to go pull on the heart strings of everyone and make a documentry on the plight of the japanese people through the earthquake.

It's been like more than a year later, where the fuck is the documentary Stu? Could it be that you were, BULLSHITTING? Could it be that your ADHD assburgers syndrome whatever kicked and and you decided to be a japanese rock star or some shit? How many failed projects has this guy had? He wanted to make a fucking movie out of the shittiest manga they had, Samurai Girl School or something, and have it star Hilary Duff.

Jesus fucking Christ.

And rather than have Tokyopop continue and give up the seat of CEO, he decides to shut it down. He could've easily been able to put someone else in charge and continue offering titles. Though other people probably were pissed at him for not paying royalties or whatever.

I hope this guy fell into a crack deep within the earth as a result, but I'm sure he's out there probably getting drunk or high or some fucking shit getting way too much money than he deserves. Which makes me wonder how the fuck do people like this keep getting money this way after failing so badly.

Anyway, Stu Levy is a faggot. Fuck Stu Levy, the end.

2. GobbleDGook

GobbleDGook
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I dunno about a documentary about that tsunami, but he did make this piece of shit show.

If you watch the first episode you will not be able to stop vomiting. It's that bad.

3. Whatever

Whatever
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Existing
    Sounds like an asshat. Not surprised, considering how annoying his father was. His father taught political science at the college I went to, and he was the worst teacher I had the displeasure of having.

4. n1bblir

n1bblir
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

More like America's Greatest Weeaboo haha, :p Lame... Maybe America's Biggest Faggot would be better?

Really? Tell me your experience, what was he like? Did was he all over the place too or just a general asshole?

5. Whatever

Whatever
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Existing
    I'm just being bitter. When I talked to him one on one he seemed like a nice guy, but his class was just not enjoyable. When teaching, he pretty much went on tangents that weren't all that interesting, and he refused to believe that he was the problem when over 90 percent of the class wasn't doing well. The only reason I think he got away with his piss poor teaching style was that he offered so much extra credit(and the only way to get an A in his class was to do the extra credit).

The reason I remember that he's the father of this person is that he mentioned it once in class, and I thought it was interesting.

6. red 5

red 5
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

hipster faggot
    lol I remember when tokyopop first came out went up and grabbed GTO vol. 1 off the shelf and am like "these are the shittiest scanslations I've ever seen"

who the fuck pays for manga besides the original japanese ones

7. ge5undhe17

ge5undhe17
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Lab Tech
    Wanna hear more about this, pls respond

8. Whatever

Whatever
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Existing
    Not to be rude, but I already posted my feelings above about the teacher.
    To sum it up, he was just an old teacher who was set in his ways, and his ways were just not good for teaching. He seemed like an okay person, but the way he went off on unrelated tangents all the time made his class a displeasure.

I never made the connection myself though, he just told our class one day that his son was apart of TokyoPop.

9. n1bblir

n1bblir
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I bet he like, jerked off in his closet or something and read shitty tokyopop manga. Maybe he raped the lab animals?

10. Ror

Ror
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

KOREAN EAT DOG
    Stu Levy is a lot like his fellow Wapanese Fred Gallagher, minus the loli fetish but with more of the "DEADLINES? WHAT DEADLINES? "

Both, however are great at their jobs.
    Creating shitty American weeaboo mangu.

To be completely fair, most shitty writers are guilty of pulling this shit as well.