Song of the muthafucken day

Discussion in 'Music, Movies & Media' started by Flushinstein, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Flushinstein

Flushinstein
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

So since my last song of the day got hijacked by crazy people, this is my new song of the day thread! I love this song!!!

2. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

sounds like sublime meets green day. two great bands, if you don't count everything green day made after insomniac.

here is my song of the day

3. Flushinstein

Flushinstein
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Ill tell you who it reminds me of... The police in '79 but without the driving beat. Lol

4. Flushinstein

Flushinstein
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Oh, you know that Otis hated this song right? His style was completely different his whole career and the record company comes up and they are like, we want you to record his song. And he does but totally hates it. Welcome to the record biz Otis redding!! Lol

5. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

yea i can totally see that. message in a bottle is classic

6. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

blah he's just being stubborn. the song is great, he probably doesn't like it because it wasn't his idea. this was back when records companies didn't have their heads stuck so far up their ass. they actually had good ideas. not anymore lol

7. Flushinstein

Flushinstein
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Ill tell you what, I had this weird musical epiphany recently where I listened to a bunch of music that in the late seventies I blew off. A dumb kid listening to what was in his face in the late seventies but he had no clue. The three bands from the late seventies that foreshadowed the comin music scene were the police, Elvis Costello, and the joe Jackson band. I now love all three and going backwards I see the music revolution of the time happening. At the time, dumb kid. I missed out on so much!

8. Flushinstein

Flushinstein
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

No as
    I understand it it just wasn't what he was doing. How many bands hit it big with a song that they sold out to get!! Lol

9. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Music is always evolving but of course in your youth you probably won't appreciate it in motion. I feel sorry for the kids today. A few years ago, think maybe 08, I made the prediction that rap and dubstep will merge on a mainstream level. I heard the new Kanye West album not too long ago and apparently this came true .That's just fucking terrible, they have to witness the evolution of complete shit growing to even worse shit.

10. Flushinstein

Flushinstein
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Again, just heresay but that was the story I heard! Lol

11. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Every one-hit wonder I can think of. The one single that made it huge always sounds completely different than the rest of the album.

12. Flushinstein

Flushinstein
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

You know, there have been periods of rap that I have liked. Rap is just the next step of spoken word. The rap that I have always liked has been the genesis. The first dre and snoop albums. Eminems first couple of recordings were groundbreaking. And now there is a thing goin on in south Florida that I'm loving, led by DJ khaled. And there's also an underground rap thing in Broward that is just hot. I'm not a huge rap guy, but the reality is is that there are some people pushing the envelope and making something cool! Lol I'm fucking old obviously, but trying not to be!! Lmao

13. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Makes the same shit thread two days in a row

I see someones trying to play with the big kids

14. Flushinstein

Flushinstein
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

I definitely feel what you're sayin there, but in the history of one hit wonders most of them were from the era of releasing singles before albums.

15. Flushinstein

Flushinstein
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Better than spewing shit in every thread in a two day span, spergy!

16. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Two days? Moar like every day

17. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Anything from the Run DMC era was good, I didn't like NWA but Dr. Dre saved gangster rap when he teamed with Snoop, and then what he did with Eminem was genius. Underground hip hop has always been good, particularly Atmosphere and MF Doom. Wu Tang is great, shit the list goes on and on.

It's the new rap that sucks. 2Chainz, Gucci, Trey, shit even Kendrick and Kanye, it all sounds the same to me. Overproduced garbage. The best thing to come out of hip hop these past few years is Hopsin, who sounds like the old Eminem before he sold out and started rapping with fucking Akon.

18. Flushinstein

Flushinstein
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

I agree, you do shit up every thread every day! And that is the conclusion of our correspondence.

19. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Lol faggot, I run this place

20. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
  21. Flushinstein

Flushinstein
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Ill tell you what, the Miami scene has been the fucking bomb!! What the do is make a mix, take it to the strip clubs and if the strippers dig it, they push it!! What better way to decide if your beat is good than if the strippers can drop ass to it!!! Lmao. But I love DJ khaled, ace hood is wowing me though his flow is a little monotone at times. And I love brisco and ballgreezy! They haven't hi the big time but bob have an excellent flow. I love a good style.

22. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    You do know theres a subforum for this shit, where I never go, so why dont you post the thread there and stop bitching when faggots take it over

23. Flushinstein

Flushinstein
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Rice, you are from Germany, right? I don't know what is going on over there , I have to be honest. Amurica is this weird place as it is but I can't even imagine Europe and what they are listening to on a daily basis. Can you please just kinda give me an idea of what you guys are doing on a daily basis???

24. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

honestly i haven't checked any of dj khaled's stuff, most of the new stuff i avoid by default. i did see him make a marriage proposal video to nicki minaj a few days ago. i think it was a publicity stunt but thats still pretty funny considering she's already with someone

25. Flushinstein

Flushinstein
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

I don't bitch when faggots take over, I have accepted faggots as a part of life. But I can't accept scat as a part of life.

26. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Lol what happened to not replying to me :D :D

27. Flushinstein

Flushinstein
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Ye
    Yeah I must admit, I avoid any of the posturing that is rap. If I like someone, I download the mixtape, and leave it at that. Entertainment is all about the extraneous bullshit, and I avoid that like the plague. I wanna hear the song, if you want drama, take it elsewhere!! Lol

28. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

its all theatrics. thats why theres so few talented artists in the mainstream these days, they're looking for actor/musician/entertainers. video killed the radio star

29. Flushinstein

Flushinstein
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

I agree, who would you say is the artist who most surprised you in the last couple yeArs??

30. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Hopsin, Swizzz, and everyone at Funk Volume for rap.
    Rock, nothing. I turn on the radio and the only good songs I hear are a decade old.
    Lily Allen and that whole Euro-pop thing was a breath of fresh air but that's actually kinda old now that I think about it.
    There's also a handful of one-hit wonders but no artist that really stands out too much. I think the music industry is in a transition phase at the moment.