Skyrim Crashing Problem

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by Fumo161, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Fumo161

Fumo161
    Expand Collapse
    Faggot

Any technical genius's out there that may have a fix for what is happening in the video below? Ever since my game started playing from the launcher, I just cannot enter the world of Skyrim. When I do, the game crashes to my desktop.

Other saved games of my alt characters works fine.

This type of glitch has never happened to me before and Steam didn't launch before like it did now. Usually I play the game directly through the exe, but now it takes me straight to the launcher.

If anyone has a fix, really would appreciate it.
    I would really dislike having to start over.

2. Heskett

Heskett
    Expand Collapse
    Boyvinyl

Fellatio Aficionado
    Hey Fumo, stick to one thread you retard.

3. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

It might be because something was not installed properly. Try repairing it with windows uninstall.

4. Fumo161

Fumo161
    Expand Collapse
    Faggot

Make me.
    I will give it a try.

EDIT: Fix'd

I had to right click Skyrim.exe and get an earlier version of the exe and replace the new one. Apparently it was the update by Steam that was causing the crash. Way to go Steam for trying to ruin yet another brilliant game.

5. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    Another issue can be that skyrim only uses 2GB of ram, and loading more assets than that crashes it, and increased numbers of saves exacerbate the problem. There is a fix you can find if you're not a lazy nigger that ups it o use 4 GB.

6. Lloyd

Lloyd
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112556

Here's the fix PerpA talked about, or a program that does the same anyway (be sure to follow ALL the instructions, esp. if you have windows 32-bit). They did release a patch though that makes it impossible to make the exe Large Adress Aware (no clue why they would do that), so if you have steam set to auto-update you'll have to do a re-install.

Did you increase the number of grids to load (so you could have more detail ingame)? Bc that doesn't work with saves made prior to the change.

Finally it could be the speaker settings issue, but if you've been playing it fine until now I don't think that is likely to be the problem. Here's the fix anyway:

http://crashfixes.com/fixing-skyrim...-steam-crash-no-sound-lags-choppy-framerates/

It's the first tip, might wanna look through this anyway, they have some other issues listed and how to fix them.
    I think it's most likely what PerpA said though.

7. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    Its disgraceful its only using 2 GB of ram, think about how much better the textures would be if it used up to 4. Seriously, who has 2 GB of ram and enough jjuice to run skyrim. Most people that do would have at least 4.

8. Lloyd

Lloyd
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

It's because the engine is built on a 32-bit architecture I think, probably because it is easier on the consoles.

You can do it better (like the Frostbite engine, which iirc has both 64-but and 32-bit versions), but it requires you not to be a lazy-ass programmer.

9. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    Meh for all the hate that people pour onto the console market, they'd be stupid to abandon that in favor of the smaller more piracy prone PC market.

10. Lloyd

Lloyd
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I know, but they could just invest slightly more time and money to make both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the engine.

To be fair Skyrim's engine is just a modified gamebryo engine, and back when that was new 2GB of RAM were considered gigantic.

11. Fumo161

Fumo161
    Expand Collapse
    Faggot

Thanks guys, this helped a lot with the graphic mods I downloaded. Skyrim looks absolutely beautiful.

Sephth, my level 25 Dark Elf, a master of stealth and fire magic, is in front of his weapon rack. He is in his house in Windhelm.

[​IMG]

An overview of Riverwood with the graphic mods.

[​IMG]

Incredibly breathtaking.

I'm a bit surprised that you guys actually decided to help me for once.

12. $$Trooper

$$Trooper
    Expand Collapse
    I'm $$Trooper, a badass commie nigger.

Dank Memes professor of Dank Community College.
    Home Page:
    While you maybe a abject retard, both socially and mentally, we just think that being deprived of Skyrim is too cruel a punishment for anyone.