Sim Shitty Deluxe

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by umkemesik, Mar 16, 2013.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. umkemesik

umkemesik
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Internet Stalker
    Home Page:
    This game fucking sucks.

So I'm scoping out KaT for a fucking crack - with about 5,000 assholes. Seems that not only Pirates but people who bought the game were looking for a crack to get around DRM. Can't blame them.

The forums were actually pretty funny with people posting this as the serial key : buyt-heg=ame-assh-ole etc.

Anyway, my dope smoking Brother comes home. What does smoking dope get you? A fried brain. What does a fried brain get you? The PC version when you have a fucking MAC Laptop.

Before he takes it back I ask if I can activate it. Score. I'm playing the game legit.

So here is my review:

------------------------------------

First thing's first. I won't really cover the server issue. It's been beat to death. Every game from DOTA 2 to Phantasy Star Online had their errors at launch - it happens.

The "Always Online" requirement is fail. Its ridiculous, and a big fucking waste of time as it only adds a few weeks for hackers to get it.

Anyway, they fixed most issues, the 13 hours I played it I had one minor issue with corrupt data and it loaded a few points before that.

Right off the bat my first real problem is that you can't fucking save. That's right - this game auto-saves. So if you make a mistake too fucking bad. Nor can you go and destroy your city and reload it. This is massive fail. This is what 99% of SimCity gamers do - wreck shit then reload it.

That's strike one.

Strike two: The Fucking Natural Disasters. No not these fucks:

23naturaldisasters_480x480.

Im taking UFOs and Godzilla. There is not way that I know to turn them off in regular game play (there is a sandbox mode w/ cheats).

This shit started happening every one-two hours.

Strike three - I found myself accidentally bulldozing buildings - you get small ones hidden under big ones and you have to bulldoze abandon buildings. You can move the camera's x axis but not while bulldoze is toggled.

Which gets to my bonus point - I fucking bulldozed the Nuke plant. This resulted in destroying 10+ hours of work. The only way to clean nuke shit is wait 20 years. I went to a population of 120,000 to 20,000 (basically Detroit). Every time I was rebuilding a monster would come and wreck my shit.

------------------------------------------------------

There are some neat things. For one you only buy a few buildings, and you buy customizable modules for each piece.

Zones are now just generic and fall on the type of road built. The roads are a lot easier to shape - you can choose square or arc/circle.

They did get rid of some classic features however and over all this game gets a d+ from me. It could have been so much more.

2. Aroukar

Aroukar
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Professor emeritus
    Its fucking Karma.

3. ge5undhe17

ge5undhe17
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Lab Tech
    lol EA

Yeah I heard about your cities being tied to the servers you're on so....if the server has probs - there goes your city

4. pigeonhole

pigeonhole
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Founder of DA- Delicacies
    Home Page:
    >EA/Marxis claims that SimCity needs servers to handle complex AI and game mechanics.
    >Guy hacks the game in offline mode, and not only were the AI's complete shit, but it came with even less stuff then the previous titles, and is a complete pile of horse load.

Yeah, anyone else here is betting that Marxis isn't going to be seeing another SimCity game for a veeeeeeeeery long time?

5. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    How is this different than steam/origon/gamesforwindowslive ?

6. pigeonhole

pigeonhole
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Founder of DA- Delicacies
    Home Page:
    I know for a fact that I can still play games from Steam whether the program is open or not, and whether or not I have an internet connection.
    I remember playing Skyrim offline perfectly fine. The thing saved on my local hard drive. When I got connected again it simply asked me do I want to utilize the one on their cloud servers, or the one on my local disk.
    So far every game has done this for me. Even TF2 and Portal.
    Those other platforms are the top dogs of shitty DRM.

7. ge5undhe17

ge5undhe17
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Lab Tech
    For Steam, you can go on offline mode, you don't need to start the game with an internet connection. Origin has an offline mode too, but then again Origin is EA and it has a shitloads of problems and spergs out a lot of times (and the games are expensive). GFWL is just...hahaha

8. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    [​IMG] YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON PLAYING OFFLINE! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!