Signs of alcohoism, yes or no?

Discussion in 'Food, Drugs & Alcohol' started by lulzyer, Feb 5, 2013.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. lulzyer

lulzyer
    Expand Collapse
    Attorney at lol

Attorney
    • You have problems at work or school because of your drinking, such as being late or not going at all - NOPE
    • You drink in risky situations, such as before or while driving a car - NOPE
    • After drinking, you can't remember what happened while you were drinking (blackouts). - NOPE
    • You have legal problems because of your drinking, such as being arrested for harming someone or driving while drunk (intoxicated) - NOPE
    • You get hurt or you hurt someone else when you are drinking - NOPE
    • You keep drinking even though you have health problems that are caused or made worse by alcohol use, such as liver disease (cirrhosis) - NOPE
    • Your friends or family members are worried about your drinking - My wife points out that i do drink a lot of scotch during the week.
    Signs of alcohol dependence or addiction

• You cannot quit drinking or control how much you drink - NOPE
    • You need to drink more to get the same effect - NOPE
    • You have withdrawal symptoms when you stop drinking. These include feeling sick to your stomach, sweating, shakiness, and anxiety - NOPE
    • You spend a lot of time drinking and recovering - NOPE
    • You have given up other activities so you can drink - NOPE
    • You keep drinking even though it harms your relationships and causes health problems - NOPE
    Other signs include:
    • You drink in the morning, are often drunk for long periods of time, or drink alone - Drink in the morning yes, drink alone yes
    • You change what you drink, such as switching from beer to wine because you think that doing this will help you drink less or keep you from getting drunk - NOPE
    • You feel guilty after drinking - NOPE
    • You make excuses for your drinking or do things to hide your drinking, such as buying alcohol at different stores - NOPE
    • You worry that you won't get enough alcohol for an evening or weekend - NOPE
    • You have physical signs of alcohol dependence, such as weight loss, a sore or upset stomach (gastritis), or redness of the nose and cheeks - Upset stomach sometimes.
    So i love scotch, so what

2. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    You're a lawyer. It's practically required that you be an alcoholic.

3. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

thompson.

4. jujitsu

jujitsu
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Main Mail Mayne
    I'm a total alcoholic, and here's why. I don't drink all work week long, but once it's saturday, I drink about half a case of beer, starting like right now. I don't drink all week, because I don't want to have a drinking problem, but that's manipulation, because i drink like a fish when i drink. I don't say shit about it to anyone, except for you creeps, but sometimes my girlfriend rats my saturday habbit to other people. People seem to give me a blank look about it, because I'm one of the most healthy people you'll find. I guess I'm a healthy alcoholic due to self moderation.

When I used to work 3rd shift I would drink almost half the time before I went to work, but before I would go in I would always make sure to work out my entire body: chest, legs, abs, good stretch, because that would help me sober up big time.

Once they legalize pot I'll stop drinking.