serious question

Discussion in 'Religion & Politics' started by tianshi, Aug 18, 2011.

1. tianshi

tianshi
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

dogger
    Home Page:
    I was thinking a lot about Israel lately.
    In general, the ruling elite of Israel seem to be xenophobes. Yes, Hamas may kill 20 or so people a year, but the reaction from Israel is extreme, and they never seem to be held to account. I have also noticed that Israeli's genuinelly do not believe what they are doing is wrong, and can't see the other side of an argument.

Maybe Israel has a right to defend itself because there is a genuine risk that they may lose their lands.

I wonder if Israel is the way she is because a large amount of its citizens originally came from oppressive regimes, which could mean that they were shaped by their enviornment.l

I tend to lean on the side of the Palestinian's when it comes to the overall situation, but can feel sympathy for the Israeli's.

I guess my main question is..........................Can Israeli's actions be viewed in black and white?

PS: Hav'nt spoken english for a long time, so apologies if my post is not at a reasonable level

EDIT: spelling mistakes

2. HyperHominid

HyperHominid
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Asshole Marine Furfag
    Home Page:
    I think they're learning from China, I say let'em continue.

3. tianshi

tianshi
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

dogger
    Home Page:
    Interesting point.
    however the difference is chinese kill their own people, and they show a semblance of subtlety
    totally different situation and incomparible my friend.

hopefully i didnt waste my time if this is the standard of reply I get

wo bu xiang ting jian fei hua

edit:typo

4. HyperHominid

HyperHominid
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Asshole Marine Furfag
    Home Page:
    Kinda killing your time with this, not interesting enough.

5. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Morality gets thrown out the window when survival is involved. The debate of morality on issues is done between those experiencing relative comfort.

6. 791

Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Well, to go back to this debate's roots, Israel is stolen land. Many of the Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank are descendants of Arabs forced off of their land, carted to the border in trucks, and told to get lost at gun point.

There is a genuine threat to Israelis, but the propaganda which paints it all as Muslim extremism is lies. Though it does exist, a lot of the resistance in Gaza and the West Bank is of socio-political nature rather than religious zeal. Even then bombing and killing hundreds of civilians, including women and children, doesn't really soften tensions.

The disproportionate reaction from Israel and their policy of collectively punishing Arabs shows that they'll take any excuse they can get to kill as many as they can.

Then there are the domestic laws of Israel which are shaped around zionist ideology, which systematically usher Arabs living there into a second class niche while dehumanizing Palestinians (i.e Palestinian who kills a Jew gets over 9000 years in jail, a Jew who kills a Palestinian child gets three months).

tl;dr the Nazis taught them well.

7. tianshi

tianshi
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

dogger
    Home Page:
    very good statement Snorlax, and excellent post 791. will respond to your post better when i am not stoned

Hyper, i apologise for earlier remark. I welcome all throwoff posts, that are humourous. read some of your post history, you can do better.

UPDATE: 12:06 AM:

791:
    Israel is indeed stolen land, and the point in your first paragraph is something I can understand, being where I am from

Although there is a threat I would argue that it is almost negligible in relation to the threat Palestinian's suffer. It is true that a lot of the resistance is as a result of socio-political factors rather than religious ones. It is tough not being able to access first class hosptals without a pass(ambulances have been turned away). Also, a large population of the people in Gaza are under 18, so all they know is Israeli violence. I dont think tensions will ever be softened, as Israel are overly worried about losing land again, and Palestinians are segregated in an extreme form of apartheid.
    Could not agree more on your point that Israel will use any excuse to kill as many as they can. This is the reality. The ironic thing is that Israel don't see what they are doing as wrong, something they should know going by the jews history.

Israei'sl also holds the belief that they are the chosen ones. An example of this is the enscription they claim was on the cross of the imaginary Jesus: 'IESVS·NAZARENVS·REX·IVDÆORVM' (Jesus Nazarenus, Rex Iudaeorum), Jesus, King of Jews.

Ireland's view is pretty one sided,and we are experienced http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...o-PLO-examined-in-hunt-for-deadly-sniper.html

8. Tyrantrum

Tyrantrum
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

KYM rapefugee