SCARY 30 years ago Psychic man predicts future events

Discussion in 'News' started by ExplosiveDiareah, Feb 2, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Well i can imagine most people's reactions to this, including mine.
    bullshitcounter.

Still, top marks for making it seem authentic with his oversized pedo glasses and mismatched jeans with light brown suit jacket.
    he looks similar to that Autistic looking guy who has a lumpy oversized mishappen head and brain who remembers details and recites long sentences or numbers etc (and seems unemployed) haven't seen him for years.
    But anyway.
    This video alleged to have been filmed in 1980 shows a french turd who moved to America because his powers of.... powers of.... I'm sorry i cannot say it..
    he claims to have predicted the moon landing, the russian nuclear meltdown, and the election of Obama and the 911 attacks, he also says he gets no visions of 2012 because either he is dead by then, but then says he believes it is because ALIENS are going to attack.
    In conclusion he's not trying to say it's aliens but then he claims it's aliens BUT IT'S ALIENS MAN IT'S ALIENS THEY ARE GOING TO KILL US ALL.

I'M FUCKING SCARED ARE YOU? PLANET NIPPLEBURU IS COMING!!!!

2. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    You think this is the same guy?

If the OP was filmed 30 years ago, why was it just uploaded last month? The internet has been going crazy for 2012 since at least 2000.

3. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
  4. Sublime

Sublime
    Expand Collapse
    Everyone's Favorite Evil Bitch

Faggot Police
    OP tl;dr:

[​IMG]

5. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

*puts on dad's old clothes*
    *records self talking about current events using old VHS camcorder*
    *screws around with tape for a bit*
    *loads video into the computer using Dazzle*
    *runs degradation passes and alters color space*

hey guis! I can totally see the future!

6. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    Another key point here is the fact that he's foreign, and therefore not to be trusted.

He's got his own secret little language that no one understands (well, no one who counts); and those subtitles can be made to say anything. He could be describing his latest underage homoerotic encounter at the local Greyhound terminal for all well know.

Fuck him.

7. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

It had occurred to me that the video might be subtitled like those "Hitler finds out about" series.
    but he does mention nuclear when it is in context with the subtitle, however..
    this could still very much be a french guy participating in a hoax,
    we've also had "Trumpets of the apocalypse" sounding around the world.

8. endsenten

endsenten
    Expand Collapse
    Knows where you sleep

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread795682/pg1
    (The rest of the thread holds more hoax evidences; if TL;DR, go here)

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?p=1581381

Viral vid, nothing to see here, move along

9. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

"looking 40" is a relative thing, David Tennant is in his 40's now but he still looks pretty young.
    but if you compare his appearance to the series finale of 2005 and in the 2009 special end of time you can see how he has aged in small ways, it's mostly his hair, it looks very stiff and gel'd most of the time, and he seems to have more spots.

Anyway, i would like to see you explain the sounds that people have been hearing,
    it sounds like the unexplained phenomenon known as "The Hum" read up on it on Wikipedia.
    Fuck the vids most of them are fake, but people have been hearing first hand this dull groaning grating sound coming from the sky, some people are calling this "the trumpets of the apocalypse"
    they probably happened before throughout the decades but back then there was no Youtube for people to make fakes and concoct bullshit obscuring the truth behind it.

10. endsenten

endsenten
    Expand Collapse
    Knows where you sleep

Now, about this... I don't know, because I happen to have recorded something myself:

I went to a beach not far from where I live for the New Year; I was taking pictures when suddenly I saw a bunch of birds coming in my direction very agitated, so I tried to capture it. The camera that I was using all day without any trouble and had fully recharged batteries suddenly went dead on me after a few seconds of recording.
    It wasn't a ship (I could see the harbor and there were none), it wasn't any siren of some sort, and curiously, I couldn't hear it at the moment of recording (but the birds did, as you can see); later that day I discovered the sound in the video. Maybe it has a relationship? What do you think?

11. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Well well....
    i guess now i know that Microphones DO pick them up, even if a person cannot hear it.
    "the hum" is said to be only heard by some people, probably depending on the age of a person as well as their hearing abilities.
    also we had in Norway i think it was tens of thousands of dead fish washed ashore.

this hum thing, some people are saying it is caused by the earth's liquid core moving slowly, i might watch the movie "the core" to see if the hum is used as a plot device, they did have birds acting crazy however.
    and anyway, people are saying it means a polar shift may occur.

12. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I can't say I've ever noticed it, but then, I'm usually in the vicinity of SOMETHING that makes noise.

but in that video it does sound pretty odd, it's too low a pitch to simply be the sound of wind. in your vid it sounds about the same pitch as a distant helicopter (one that's far enough away to have the high frequencies peter out) but is too regular to be a diesel engine.

as for if it was generated by the earth's inner workings... wouldn't there be some big-ass vibrations in the crust?

either way, there is a lot of shit we don't know or understand yet. I mean, we know ball lightning exists, but don't understand it, same with many other things.

don't you just love how the human mind is attracted to mysteries?

13. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Some "expert" from Canada has claimed it's caused by the Northern lights and EM field.
    that sounds like bullshit, because we don't hear in the EM spectrum, we're not fucking radio tuners, we only hear vibrations and compression waves through matter (sound)
    and i don't see how the northern lights would be making this sound.

as for vibrations, the people claiming it is the liquid molten core, well it's molten liquid, and we have been having plenty of oith quakes recently in the past year. especially.
    but i dunno.
    It's why it's an unexplained sound.

14. endsenten

endsenten
    Expand Collapse
    Knows where you sleep

Wait, wait, didn't the possibility of it being bullshit cross your mind at all?
    Because that's what it is - I added the sound (it is actually a waterphone); the half-assed description should've given it away immediately (the failing camera thing is the oldest trick in the book, ffs)

Dude, I agree that there's stuff still unanswered but before taking something as a given you MUST apply critical thinking and the scientific method. Why? Because it does a good job on getting rid of the bullshit like the one above:

1) Sound waves are detected by the fact that the waves can cause objects to vibrate; a big ass sound coming from the sky like the above example or the so-called trumpets of apocalypshit will certainly be picked by other things than the mic of the camera, e.g. vibrating windows (see also resonance).
    2) Because of the above, it doesn't matter if only some people can hear it - The vibrations caused by it can be detected.
    3) Why there aren't more videos of the same phenomenon at the same location? It supposedly happened in a public area on a holiday with plenty of people and buildings around, not to mention tourists with recording devices.

Now, I might be off in some aspects (and I'd certainly like to have the insight of people who know more about the subject @CallMeMaggot @Beefcake ), but if something I've learned, it is: If something exists, it can be detected and measured by its effects, however minute they might be; if something cannot be measured, we can assume its effects are negligible and thus irrelevant.

In another thread you were arguing that people didn't need to learn Science; well, this is a reason why: To understand how things work and not be fooled by hoaxes/scams.

15. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Only for that, u already fully deserve the buttrape, pal

16. Beefcake

Beefcake
    Expand Collapse
    Best-selling author

First off we don't hear EM, but we hear the influence it has on other objects. Electronic components like capacitors and coils can all give off a noticeable hum or whine because of EM fields.
    Earth quakes are caused by tectonic plate activity.
    Here's an analogy. Say we're living in 1900 and the Geiger counter hasn't been invented yet. Does our inability to measure ionizing radiation mean its effects are negligible and thus irrelevant?

17. endsenten

endsenten
    Expand Collapse
    Knows where you sleep

Point taken.

18. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    The analogy is good, but on the other part, endsenten said "if it can not be detected".
    Even not having a geiger counter, you can "detect" radiation , at least on the long tern, if only for the cancer

I think endsenten is talking about that something has to have the properties of potential measurablility or detectability to can be described as "real", even if we still don't have the means to do that...

There, the disscusion a few days ago about String theory, and its "realness", still don't demonstrated in the least

Of course, we risk to go philosophical here, cause we can't know in advance what is gonna be detectable in the future, or not...

19. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

knew i was forgetting something, it was at the corner of my thoughts on EM, i just couldn't think of anything in nature that would react to EM radiation to produce an ambient noise of this magnitude.
    i was mainly thinking with atmosphere, there is like i probably said before, one canadian expert's explanation alleging that the aurora's and northern lights are the cause.
    which i have doubts about.

exactly why i think the canadians explanation and others "it's caused by the molten core" being a load of shit, tectonics can cause sound, wait.. OF COURSE tectonic groans at the fault lines, it's not completely improbable..

Anyway thanks for the good information @Beefcake
    Now all of you, like his post, i am tired of complete shit getting likes, especially when people like my more shitty posts over my truly good ones.

No philosophy, get the hell out if you're thinking of it.

20. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Fuck you! you don't like the core? it's fun to watch because it goes really fucking out there, if you cannot enjoy a stupid movie with some thoughtful plot devices, then you are gay, if you think the Core is a terrible movie, then i invite you to watch 'Force of impact' a shitty Deep Impact ripoff done on an indie budget.

21. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    lol

Anyways, the culprit is photon's mass

22. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    lulz.

23. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

As perpA kept screeching a while back.
    PHOTONS DON'T HAVE MASS YOU FUCKING IDIOT THEY HAVE RADIATION PRESSURE EXERTION WHICH IS SO NOT A TERM I JUST MADE UP OR SOMETHING.
    JUST STFU YOU'RE ALL TOO DUMB TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

24. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Fuck, you pwned me there, lol

25. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    Except that he is wrong. Everything has mass. Some things (like Photons, Electrons, Neutrinos, etc...) have so little mass, that we consider it to be zero.

26. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

You think i haven't told that to him?
    i did, he will just say that you are a retarded fuckwit who doesn't know what he is talking about.
    i say photons cannot be weighed because they cannot be stored, they are emitted, and they continue to travel until something blocks them or whatever.
    if they had no mass at all, they would not affect solar sails.

27. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:

28. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............................seems legit, but superpowers isn't really much to go on. Does he have cred?

29. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

NOPE.

30. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Well, at least he has heart. We should start making insults when his failure arrives.