Russia's Internet Research Agency gets BTFO

Discussion in 'News' started by uberfukken, Feb 16, 2018 at 10:26 PM.

1. Chrono

Chrono
    Expand Collapse
    Dragon

Attention Whore
    Nudes.

2. realgert7

realgert7
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

why don't you jump into a mineshaft

• Like Like x 6
    • Good Question Good Question x 2
    • List
  3. Chrono

Chrono
    Expand Collapse
    Dragon

Attention Whore
    Nudes are what you need for success.

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Fuck off retard Fuck off retard x 1
    • List
  4. wretchedgretchen

wretchedgretchen
    Expand Collapse
    Not funny anymore

<3
    @Likeicare if you're going to run this site you're going to have to stop getting butthurt and autisticly trying to prove you aren't wrong

5. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Lol

6. wretchedgretchen

wretchedgretchen
    Expand Collapse
    Not funny anymore

<3
  7. Barrabas

Barrabas
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Carpetbagger Yankee Scum
    lol @Likeicare mostly shares my opinions down to the reasoning. I don't believe any government is really looking out for my best interest, but I appreciate the Russians for sticking a facebook/twitter knife into the one that has a boot to my throat, I guess, in so far as internet activism is a joke.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • List
  8. AbeWallard

AbeWallard
    Expand Collapse
    Boxer by day. Boxerless at night.

Future President of the Internet
    Man, this shit is straight outta Goldeneye. Also @wretchedgretchen you're on the ball. Ask yourself this: What does Australia gain with Russia not-so-subtle surveillance over us? This can't be just limited to Assange kissing Putin's ass all the time. This smells like an attempt of Russia trying to overtake our economy.

Lately as of last year there's been a sudden wave of rich Ruskies buying real estate by the bulk here in NYC alone, which is/was Trump's home turf as well as Wall Street. Some are tight with Putin, especially Roman Abramovich, whom is famously known as the owner of the soccer team Chelsea FC and also one of the financers of Project Londongrad and owner of Evraz, a manufacturing company that serve as providers of the Dakota Access Pipeline oleoducts.

To further point out, DeBlasio said he didn't like having Russians buy out buildings in NYC. This report was done in October 20, just a week and a half before the Soviet Agent MUSLIM EXTREMIST went GTA on downtown Manhattan, which to me is waaay too fucking coincident. I agree with Trump being extremely stupid, this whole Russian interference was done just so that the dumber of the two candidates would allow international bankers to siphon from our economy to amend for the decline of the Ruble and not even notice.

9. wretchedgretchen

wretchedgretchen
    Expand Collapse
    Not funny anymore

<3
    Lol nice

But those Ukrainians doe. What's that little Odessa? Hawt af

10. wretchedgretchen

wretchedgretchen
    Expand Collapse
    Not funny anymore

<3
    Come on, you're smarter than that. That's like an Iraqi cheering the Americans for deposing Saddam.

Right before the country is plunged into the worst Hell it's ever known.

11. AbeWallard

AbeWallard
    Expand Collapse

Is it me, or doe Islam only work under authoritarian regimes? Something about a strong central theocracy government seems to fit well with what Muslims visualize Muhammad as.

Wish @GSTalbert1 was still here; he'd probably answer it with 5 pages at least :(

12. Hater

Hater
    Expand Collapse
    Cyber Bully

Director of operations at Authority
    I don’t understand the problem the rissians were just correcting the record

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ll-speaks-it-was-like-being-in-orwells-world/

One of them, 43-year-old Marat Mindiyarov, a teacher by training, spoke by phone with The Washington Post on Saturday from the village outside St. Petersburg where he lives. Mindiyarov worked in a department for Russian domestic consumption. When he took a test in December 2014 to move to the factory’s “Facebook department” targeting the U.S. market, Mindiyarov recalled, he was asked to write an essay about Hillary Clinton. Here are lightly edited excerpts of the conversation.

How did you end up at the troll factory?

I worked there from November 2014 to February 2015. I ended up there totally by accident — I happened to be unemployed, and this place had work right by my house. So I went there. I realized quickly that this was the kind of place where I only wanted to spend enough time until I got my salary and I could leave.

How did it feel inside?

I arrived there, and I immediately felt like a character in the book “1984” by George Orwell — a place where you have to write that white is black and black is white. Your first feeling, when you ended up there, was that you were in some kind of factory that turned lying, telling untruths, into an industrial assembly line. The volumes were colossal — there were huge numbers of people, 300 to 400, and they were all writing absolute untruths. It was like being in Orwell’s world.

What sorts of untruths did you write?

My untruths amounted to posting comments. I worked in the commenting department — I had to comment on the news. No one asked me my opinion. My opinions were already written for me, and I had to write in my own words that which I was ordered to write.

For example?

When I was there, there were sanctions [by the European Union and the United States in response to Russia’s intervention in Ukraine] and the ruble started falling. I was writing everything that was the opposite: how wonderful our life was, how wonderful it is that the ruble was strengthening, and that kind of absurdity. That sanctions were going to make us stronger and so on and so forth.

Where were you writing this?

We were commenting on Russian sites — all sorts of them, LiveJournal for example, and all the Russian news websites. Wherever a given news item appeared on Russian websites, trolls were immediately created to provide the illusion of support.

What was the working environment like — was it really like a factory?

There were two shifts of 12 hours, day and night. You had to arrive exactly on time, that is, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. There were production norms, for example, 135 comments of 200 characters each. … You come in and spend all day in a room with the blinds closed and 20 computers. There were multiple such rooms spread over four floors. It was like a production line, everyone was busy, everyone was writing something. You had the feeling that you had arrived in a factory rather than a creative place.

How did the trolling work?

You got a list of topics to write about. Every piece of news was taken care of by three trolls each, and the three of us would make up an act. We had to make it look like we were not trolls but real people. One of the three trolls would write something negative about the news, the other two would respond, “You are wrong,” and post links and such. And the negative one would eventually act convinced. Those are the kinds of plays we had to act out.

Do you think it worked?

Who really reads the comments under news articles, anyway? Especially when they were so obviously fake. People working there had no literary interest or abilities. These were mechanical texts. It was a colossal labor of monkeys, it was pointless. For Russian audiences, at least. But for Americans, it appears it did work. They aren’t used to this kind of trickery. They live in a society in which it’s accepted to answer for your words. And here — I was amazed how everyone was absolutely sure of their impunity, even as they wrote incredibly offensive comments. They were sure that with the anonymity of the Internet, no one would find them.

How much would you get paid?

Around 40,000 rubles a month [about $700 at the current exchange rate]. We’d work 12-hour days, two days on, two days off.

Did you know that the factory was also targeting the United States?

We didn’t visit other departments, but I knew there was a “Facebook department.” … It wasn’t a secret. We all had essentially the same topics, they were focused on American readers and we were focused on Russians.

How did you know about it?

I speak English, and they asked me if I would like to transfer to the Facebook department. The pay there was two times as high. I said, “Well, let me try.” I failed the test because you had to know English perfectly. The reader must not have the feeling that you are a foreigner. The language demands were in fact very high, they were demanding high-end translators, basically.

What was this test like?

First, they tested your knowledge of English. I first had to write something about, “What do you think about vegetarians?” or something like that. Then it was, “What do you think of Hillary Clinton? What chances does she have to win in the U.S. election?” You had to write at great length about this. … The main thing was showing that you are able to show that you can represent yourself as an American. … I failed the test because you had to know English perfectly.

And what were the people like who worked in the American department?

I would see them on smoking breaks. … They were totally modern-looking young people, like hipsters, wearing fashionable clothes with stylish haircuts and modern devices. They were so modern that you wouldn’t think they could do something like this.

Why did you leave?

I left for moral reasons. I was ashamed to work there.

From what you’ve seen them do in the U.S. campaign, does it look like they used the same kinds of tactics that you saw, or has their sophistication increased?

Their level grew, without question. Back then they were just beginning, and then they started with more complicated fake-news tactics. … Back then, we didn’t arrange events.

Had you heard that Yevgeny Prigozhin was behind the factory’s operations?

Of course I heard it, and I think it’s true. But the trolls there mainly scolded him. He’s known as the “main chef” of the Kremlin, and yet in this huge building, there was no cafe, no cafeteria, nothing! … Everyone brought their own little jars and little flasks.

What do you think will be the repercussions of this indictment in Russia?

I think the factory will continue to exist and everything will remains as it was. … The people on the list of indictments have nothing to fear as long as they are in Russia.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Tl;dr Tl;dr x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. AbeWallard

AbeWallard
    Expand Collapse

God forbid Russia and India join forces in the merged fake news/telemarketing scam.

• Disgusting Disgusting x 1
    • List
  15. Chrono

Chrono
    Expand Collapse
    Dragon

Attention Whore
    Quote posts, please.

• Fuck off retard Fuck off retard x 3
    • List
  16. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Hmmm russians writing russian propaganda for russian readers

This is proof Hillary would have won

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Autism Autism x 1
    • List
  17. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Head of Facebooks advertising department

Screenshot_20180218-191930.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  18. realgert7

realgert7
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • I Fapped I Fapped x 1
    • List
  19. Chrono

Chrono
    Expand Collapse
    Dragon

Attention Whore
    I'll just say this now, and never ever. Y'all retarded.

I'm outta here.

• Butthurt Butthurt x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Nobody Cares Nobody Cares x 1
    • List
  20. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:

Everyday, almost exclusively because of everybody who has ever voted for the Democratic Party, America slips further into the abyss.

21. Barrabas

Barrabas
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Carpetbagger Yankee Scum
    You are naive, son.

The hell is necessary.

22. wretchedgretchen

wretchedgretchen
    Expand Collapse
    Not funny anymore

<3
    I'm surprised @Likeicare isn't a rabid christfag or something with how gullible and willfully ignorant he is

23. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    *gretchen repeats CNN talking points*

• Shots Fired Shots Fired x 1
    • Autism Autism x 1
    • List
  24. wretchedgretchen

wretchedgretchen
    Expand Collapse
    Not funny anymore

<3
    When was the last time I posted a CNN source besides that shooting victims article

Think before you post. Or dont.

25. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    I said CNN talking points not posting links to CNN

Do you seriously not know the difference between those two things?

• Bait Bait x 1
    • List
  26. wretchedgretchen

wretchedgretchen
    Expand Collapse
    Not funny anymore

<3
    Just because a large number of news outlets are saying the same thing doesn't mean they're "CNN talking points" shit-for-brains

• List
  27. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

Rosenstein was very clear that there are no Americans who acted as witting accomplices in this indictment. Not sure why everyone's beating on the collusion drum, specifically Trump tweeting about his vindication.

That being said, Flynn has flipped, Gates flipped, Papadapolis had everyone talking on a wire for six months (flipped) and Bannon just gave Mueller's team 20 hours worth of answers after telling Congress to suck an egg (lol flipped).

I am excited for what the next chapter brings.

28. wretchedgretchen

wretchedgretchen
    Expand Collapse
    Not funny anymore

<3
    That's what makes it extra lulzy

• List
  29. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule