RoosterTeeth info search

Discussion in 'Encyclopedia Dramatica Collaboration' started by KaneLives95, Feb 11, 2016.

1. KaneLives95

KaneLives95
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Proud member of the Brotherhood of Nod
    RoosterTeeth is full of immature shit they get away with. One such instance was the infamous Connect the Hots, in which during a Minecraft video two of the Achievement Hunter castmates were explaining a game where you would literally stalk someone, and they go into full detail with it getting creepier and creepier every sentence. Because of that one scene, they pulled the episode and never mentioned it again.

Thank you faggots who remember to download shit:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Nox Noctis

Nox Noctis
    Expand Collapse
    Echi 'till I die. All these lolis call me Senpai.

Sugoi Booty Call
    Screenshot 2016-02-22 at 9.00.01 AM.
    Screenshot 2016-02-22 at 8.59.06 AM.
    Screenshot 2016-02-22 at 9.31.38 AM.
    This is very fucking troubling how blind loyalty can get and it sets a bad precedent. Even if it was facetious, what's the fucking joke?

• Like Like x 1
    • Good Question Good Question x 1
    • List
  3. corpsefriedchicken

corpsefriedchicken
    Expand Collapse
    Reactionary cunt

Phone Sex Operator
    Again, Monty
    As I've said before, my brother took me to a screening of Lazerteam.
    One thin I remember distinctly that there were 30 minutes before the light dimmed that it was basically just socializing. I kinda got comfortable and talked with people about some recent animes an stuff, but the closer it got to the movie, the more and more it devolved into a blatant circlejerk. There were a bunch of in-jokes that I didn't get, a bunch of obscure references and everything.
    I had to ask my brother to explain every 2 seconds and still didn't get the joke after it.
    Long story short, this fandom would never question their circlejek

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  4. KaneLives95

KaneLives95
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Out of curiousity, how much did Lazerteam suck?

5. corpsefriedchicken

corpsefriedchicken
    Expand Collapse
    Reactionary cunt

Phone Sex Operator
    I'll be honest, first time seeing, it was pretty decent, I definitely enjoyed a lot of the antics between the cop and the football player who was screwing his daughter, not to mention the end where all the main characters were pissed off at the sequel hook . Thing was, aside from the comedic interactions of the misfit heroes, a lot of the movie really felt... forced.
    All in all, it was on par with your average YouTube video, nothing I'd pay to see though...
    (Speaking of which, my brother and I never did redeem those RT store coupons offered to theater goers, I should probably do that, order myself a statue of Yang to put on my dresser or something.)

6. Aroukar

Aroukar
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Professor emeritus
    I thought rwby died after Monty inhaled the dust.

7. corpsefriedchicken

corpsefriedchicken
    Expand Collapse
    Reactionary cunt

Phone Sex Operator
    He wrote up to season 8 in advance, iirc, after that, I expect a serious quality decline

8. KaneLives95

KaneLives95
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

That implies that there isn't already a decline in quality after his death. Haven't you noticed the fight scenes seem less this time around, and the animation has gotten more choppy?

• I Agree I Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. corpsefriedchicken

corpsefriedchicken
    Expand Collapse
    Reactionary cunt

Phone Sex Operator
    I meant more story wise. But yeah.

10. KaneLives95

KaneLives95
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

They say that Monty wrote up to 8 seasons, but I wonder how much of that is actually true. My guess is that RoosterTeeth lied about the 8 seasons just to keep their fans and investors happy.

11. Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen
    Expand Collapse
    gay singing robot

singing robot fucker
    Home Page:
    I only saw this thread right now thought I should post something again

anyway:

So recently in the MMD fandom, we got wind of this shit regarding RWBY

http://dannapmx.deviantart.com/art/Notice-anything-RWBY-Stealing-582928265
    [​IMG]
    (unfortunately we can't read the chinese commentary but I think it sums up they (chinese fandom) also noticed the similarity)

Of course this drove RWBY reddit and tumblr RWBY fandom to harass this user for pointing it out.
    Some are really retarded enough argue RWBY was done on a different 3D software therefore it's ttly impossible to "steal" parts from MikuMikuDance models/ What these faggots don't realize, it's not that fucking hard to import 3d data and convert to other formats.

tl;dr, there's some "evidence" RWBY plagiarized 3D model data from popular MikuMikuDance models and RT is making money off this and getting away with it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Nox Noctis

Nox Noctis
    Expand Collapse

Sugoi Booty Call
    Honestly, I am not surprised. I always thought RWBY characters looked like they were ripped from MMD.

• I Agree I Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  13. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    fucking miku

14. KaneLives95

KaneLives95
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Has anyone tried to bait this in the RT forums?

• List
  15. Warpdust Addict

Warpdust Addict
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Chaos Lord of the Lunar Exterminators
    Home Page:
    Every where, there seems to be some fag that is so infatuated with this anime. Rooster Teeth is only funny if you're 13 or 12, it seems like they are trying to attract the audience of 16 year old loner virgin fags who stick to their waifu pillows all day.

16. theprestoncritic

theprestoncritic
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

What the-I knew this all along for a long time, even Adam being a modified Grimmjow model, but I didn't think people finding out would be this big.

I suppose I fell into the trap of thinking everyone else knew as well. I assumed everybody would be okay because a lot of RWBY's production process came from Red Vs Blue (including mocap and using Poser as opposed to Maya), minus the actual professional touches like having pro choreographers and industry artists assisting.

I didn't think RT would use the same models for the game though, I thought they were custom low-poly models.

LOL the second link I posted disproves that. Not to mention this video:

Even the Freelancer arc of RvB had Maya work in its pipeline, and obv. the Halo 3 models being imported into Poser and Maya, only looking different because the rendering was different. How did they think Monty did Haloid? Of course for Red Vs Blue RT was OK'd by Microsoft, but MMD is much more of a grey area.

Guess Monty's shortcuts finally came back from the grave to haunt the fans.

#46 theprestoncritic, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  17. theprestoncritic

theprestoncritic
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

18. corpsefriedchicken

corpsefriedchicken
    Expand Collapse
    Reactionary cunt

Phone Sex Operator
    I always thought the models looked similar... hell, when I first saw the show, I thought it was animated in MMD.
    No, but being a fan of the show myself, I decided to show this to a few other fans. Wasn't even trolling, just wanted a few opinions.
    To quote the majority response
    EDIT: Out of sheer fairness, a few of them did bring up valid points, notably, the character designers did 'anime homework' to have an idea of how the characters should look with Grimmjow, it's very plausible they had said character on their mind.

#48 corpsefriedchicken, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  19. Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen
    Expand Collapse
    gay singing robot

singing robot fucker
    Home Page:
    where can you get those rwby models, i could probably do a mesh+UV comparison

That pair of boots from Montecore's Fujiwara No Mokou model is really distinct, that's actually the first thing I noticed on this yellow chick.

20. Nox Noctis

Nox Noctis
    Expand Collapse

Sugoi Booty Call
    http://mmd-rwby.deviantart.com/gallery/50638739/Model-Downloads

21. theprestoncritic

theprestoncritic
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

It's important to note that these aren't the official models, though, just fan recreations. Though it's incredibly idiotic for the fanbase to copy and Frankenstein together MMD models into recreations that look like the real thing, then suddenly claim RT couldn't do the same.

We do have the Grimm Eclipse models, which sparked the original image, if anybody ripped the game models for mods we could have something close to the officials as it seems RT was lazy and just low-poly'd the models they used for the show.

The Miku Append texture is perhaps the most damning part of this, there's a terms and conditions that comes with the TDA Append model:

Legal grey area is that the RWBY models can be said to resemble TDA's work, but then there's contacting the original creators for permission. Which, if they did, could put a close to one part of the case.

I actually have a rough translation of the Chinese text, but I'm still trying to work out exact details like what 红晕 means in context.

#51 theprestoncritic, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  22. theprestoncritic

theprestoncritic
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

From another user:

[​IMG]

23. Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen
    Expand Collapse
    gay singing robot

singing robot fucker
    Home Page:
    ^yeah, my bad realised those are frankenstein'd model edits but:
    --

Okay, a friend found model rips from the RWBY game a while ago

Yang Texture
    [​IMG]
    TDA-Hatsune Miku Texture
    [​IMG]
    --
    TDA Hatsune Miku
    [​IMG]
    RWBY Yang
    [​IMG]

Side by side head mesh comparison on MMD (quick MMD port of the Yang model rip)

Left- TDA Hatsune Miku
    Right- RWBY Yang model rip

[​IMG]
    --
    TDA Hatsune Miku
    [​IMG]
    RWBY Yang
    [​IMG]
    Eyebrow mesh slightly raised for Yang's model but they literally have the same topology except
    for some reason they deleted one loop on Yang's head.
    [​IMG]
    --
    Both models imported to pmxE (model editor for MikuMikuDance)
    Left- RWBY Yang model rip
    Right-TDA Hatsune Miku

[​IMG]
    The Yang model has a few edits but look at that mesh topology.

Feel free to verify yourselves.

RWBY Yang model rip (ported for XNALara) DL
    http://datkofguy.deviantart.com/art/RWBY-Grimm-Eclipse-Yang-Xiao-Long-576837624

TDA Hatsune Miku model (for MMD) DL
    https://bowlroll.net/file/4576

[edit]

gonna try and see if I can get comparison pics for the other models

#53 Chorvaqueen, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  24. KaneLives95

KaneLives95
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

25. corpsefriedchicken

corpsefriedchicken
    Expand Collapse
    Reactionary cunt

Phone Sex Operator
    Again, with the whole 'Monty Oum' section, I think the real goal would be brutal honesty. Like, I enjoyed Monty's stuff, a hell of a lot in fact, thing is though, he wasn't the animation/choreography savant everyone made him out to be. In the end, the blatant circlejerking around Monty is what lead to a rather large downfall on RT's part at his death, because they overestimated him and relied pretty much solely on him for all their non-lets play shit. (See, the stuff worth watching).
    To strike at the monty fanboys, you point out how blatant the circlejerking around the guy was, to take your jab at RT, you just point out how badly quality dropped after his death.

26. KaneLives95

KaneLives95
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I've been seeing on 8chan that there's accusations that his death was homicide, for his wife caused his allergic reaction by bringing a cat into his house.

27. theprestoncritic

theprestoncritic
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Good news, 8/v/ got interested into the whole Monty debacle.

Both the death and the MMD thing got viralled (sorry to use the term). People still talking about it now.

Bad news, the MMD thing got dropped pretty quickly because people were more interested in drama.

At least we got something out of it.

wtf.PNG wtf2.PNG ss (2016-03-16 at 01.01.31). Yang.

https://volafile.io/get/-FYrP-kdOg9mM/yangTest.mtl

https://volafile.io/get/OPbiPu8dOg-fM/yangTest.obj

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/76g7rvt4ec661/XPS

I also found some footage from RT where Monty shows a wireframe from the show, pretty much the Yang model. Seems to match up with what we have found so far.

28. corpsefriedchicken

corpsefriedchicken
    Expand Collapse
    Reactionary cunt

Phone Sex Operator
    So, I went to the usual RWBY fans I talk to and decided to ask about Sheena, to quote someone who met her IRL. He described her as 'a bit of a derp'.
    It should be noted this person took a picture with her (I promised him he'd be anonymous, so I won't show the picture), had a small chat and then they went their separate ways, so not much interaction.
    Looking into Sheena, that description about sums her up, she seems less on the malicious side and more on the 'birdbrain' side. That's my real problem with the theory that just makes me think it's a grab for drama for a potential lolcow. This isn't some manipulative gold digger we're looking at, we're looking at an airheaded moron. Not only that, but looking at whatever you can find about their marriage... it doesn't seem like she had a motive.
    If anything, I'd attribute the idea of her killing oum more to the fact that she was brain dead enough to bring a cat into the house. But as I said, it seems more like a drama grab for a potential lolcow
    Granted, a small paragraph about the fact that she acted weird enough to make people think she did it seems kind of mandatory.
    All in all, I'd focus more on the idea of the MMD thing. I could honestly see them doing it for season 1 since it was just a small time project at that point, but by seasons 2 and 3, they should have easily had it in the budget to make more unique models. The sheer laziness alone makes you wanna cringe.

#58 corpsefriedchicken, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  29. KaneLives95

KaneLives95
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

They're bringing RWBY to theaters now.

They have no shame.

30. corpsefriedchicken

corpsefriedchicken
    Expand Collapse
    Reactionary cunt

Phone Sex Operator
    Coming from someone who enjoys the show
    Why? I mean, Crunchyroll is one thing but who the hell would pay for a ticket to see a show they could watch online for free

• Like Like x 1
    • List