RoosterTeeth info search

Discussion in 'Encyclopedia Dramatica Collaboration' started by KaneLives95, Feb 11, 2016.

1. KaneLives95

KaneLives95
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Proud member of the Brotherhood of Nod
    I'm planning work on a RoosterTeeth article, as with the release of their shitty movie I feel it's time for them to get coverage. I need some assistence in finding lulzy events that happened if anyone could help out.

2. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    I once though of writing an RT article... but then I realized they are boring.

• I Agree I Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. KaneLives95

KaneLives95
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Their fans on the other hand are the real meat. They're as cancerous as Pewdiepie's.

4. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    that's true. I had an account on their forum for like one day before realizing they're a bunch of pretentious turds.

5. KaneLives95

KaneLives95
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Let's not forget the internal controversies: Spot the Hots, the Lindsay nepotism, and the death of Monty Oum just to name a few. If I had some more info on their cancerous fans, I could whip an article up during the weekend.

6. LulzKiller

LulzKiller
    Expand Collapse
    King Kunt

Wiki sysop/Broke student
  7. Nox Noctis

Nox Noctis
    Expand Collapse
    Echi 'till I die. All these lolis call me Senpai.

Sugoi Booty Call
    I have a few things.
    1. Their recent attempts to get new sponsors, RT-ES. Where they churn out shit content only for sponsors, more of a backhanded offer if you ask me. Here's a video of they posted to entice people to join:
    2. Oversaturation. They break off and move shows around channels once they get popular. They are all derivative of each other and even feature the same people. There used to be one let's play show. Now there are like 6-8 let's play shows and 4 channels that host them. There used to be a single podcast, now there are 4. There are even like 4 shows in 4 channels dedicated to videogame news.
    3. On their tech podcast, they caught flack for going apeshit because a critic didn't suck Bethesda's cock for Fallout 4. I couldn't find the clip and don't want to wade through their podcasts, but found someone with a clip in their video:
    Rooster teeth were never the source quality entertainment and even then they degraded a lot if you see their recent videos. Only their animated shows cross or even come close to 1Mil views and most videos stay between 200k-400k. Even then it's only after months after the videos release. Which is devastating when a couple years ago, most, if not all of their content easily crossed 1 million views .

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. KaneLives95

KaneLives95
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

This should be enough for me to make a rough draft. I'll post it when it's done. In the meantime, if you all find anything else good to go with this, let me know.

9. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    I wouldn't think they would be worthy of an article

The only noteworthy thing about them is retards quoting stuff from RvB for 13 fucking years

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Butthurt Butthurt x 1
    • List
  10. KaneLives95

KaneLives95
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Oddguy and I did some discussions on ED and we both agreed that there was enough drama to write a proper article.

Besides, any article can be ED worthy if you give a certain swing to it.

11. KaneLives95

KaneLives95
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

12. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    are you seriously trying to tell me what is and isnt ED worthy?

13. zew0

zew0
    Expand Collapse
    2016 Faggot of the Year

Home Page:
    TBH, we run low on things quickly. Anything new is appreciated.

14. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    thats not what im saying

this faggot has come on here to ask for help with an article, then tells ME what is and isnt worthy

15. zew0

zew0
    Expand Collapse
    2016 Faggot of the Year

Home Page:
    Ah, nm, I misunderstood.

16. LulzKiller

LulzKiller
    Expand Collapse
    King Kunt

Wiki sysop/Broke student
    the guy used to be one of the main people in Murdochs empire in News Corp

17. corpsefriedchicken

corpsefriedchicken
    Expand Collapse
    Reactionary cunt

Phone Sex Operator
    Nowadays, Rooster Teeth is really just another company more than anything.
    I mean, they got actual actors for a lot of their shows. If they were still just making the usual indie shit it would be different, but I mean, look at RWBY, it was good enough to get it's own spot on streaming sites like crunchyroll and stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    • I Agree I Agree x 1
    • List
  18. KaneLives95

KaneLives95
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Most of that money was from shilling for Microsoft no less. Seriously, any game company will pay them off and they'll shill for them. They even insulted a critic for giving a 3/5 for Fallout 4 after all, and that was during the time that they did some endorsement for Bethesda.

19. corpsefriedchicken

corpsefriedchicken
    Expand Collapse
    Reactionary cunt

Phone Sex Operator
    That is a point I will concede, thing is, if you want to do any article on Rooster Teeth though, as someone who enjoyed RWBY, I can safely tell you, the lulziest thing to do with them is the massive spergout the fandom had when Monty Oum died a little over a year ago. The guy had talent, but when he died, the RT fandom made him out to be some damn creative savant sent to Earth by god to make masterpieces.

20. KaneLives95

KaneLives95
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Oh trust me. I already have plans on the Monty Oum section. But I'd like some input on direction.

21. corpsefriedchicken

corpsefriedchicken
    Expand Collapse
    Reactionary cunt

Phone Sex Operator
    Considering I started watching RWBY around the time of the whole "RIP Monty Oum" circlejerk, I could help. My advice would just be in terms of the Monty Oum section, to be brutally honest, he was a talented guy, but the thing was, he wasn't the goddamn prodigy they made him out to be, most of his works were really just like any shounen anime fight scene.
    Point that out, you're bound to send the fandom into chimp out.
    Also considering my brother and I went to see lazer team (He paid for both tickets and concessions), I can give you some insight on the fandom itself, if I had to describe them, it would be hyperactive, I remember really just awkwardly sitting there while everyone in the theater room made all these in-jokes and stuff, I talked to my brother later about it, apparently, the rooster teeth fandom has so many goddamn in jokes that one of the crew members has a wall where he keeps t-shirts of lines he's made that he just wishes people would stop quoting.

#21 corpsefriedchicken, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  22. KaneLives95

KaneLives95
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

The other concept I had was pointing out that RT is a bunch of immature sellouts who got co-opted by SJWs. Although another guy suggested implying that their content was never good to begin with.

23. corpsefriedchicken

corpsefriedchicken
    Expand Collapse
    Reactionary cunt

Phone Sex Operator
    In terms of SJW co-opting, they've yet to actually introduce that LGBT character, from what I've seen, that's caused tumblr to yell at them to no end. You know, the usual being made a bitch that comes with pandering to SJWs. To say something, basically the current 'writers' are actually riding off of the ideas Monty shared with them before he died, which he supposedly did up to volume 8, yet the new guys recently announced plans to milk the show for up to 20 more volumes.
    I honestly don't know much about RT outside of RWBY, so I can't really help much further aside from stuff my brother has told me

24. theprestoncritic

theprestoncritic
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I think I can help out by offering some more tidbits to start off of.

A month ago, Shane Newille, the head animation choreographer of RWBY and pretty much the lead animator after Oum's death, left RT for reasons undisclosed. It didn't sound good though and people started making up theories to explain the sudden decision to leave, one being that he got into a physical altercation with Burnie Burns(?). Said departure also brought up how JJ (some podcast dude I don't know jack about) also left the company.

Loads of positions have started opening up as well, which may either indicate 1) RT is expanding under Fullscreen, or 2) major job dissatisfaction. Neither of which sound good.

There's also some digging into Monty's death that's been forming a theory that his girlfriend inadvertently was the cause by insisting on getting a cat which he was allergic to, weakening his immune system. Some evidence points towards her being shady, like an allegation that she had her last boyfriend's parents pay off her student loans and the fact that she's still receiving money coming into an Indiegogo started for Oum's recovery. I'll let you guys decide if that amounts to anything.

#24 theprestoncritic, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  25. KaneLives95

KaneLives95
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

The first bit definitely helps.

As for Monty's death, I thought the allergic reaction was caused by something the doctor gave him, because it was just a regular checkup the last I checked. Unless RoosterTeeth lied to save face, which if they did then oh boy I'm gonna have fun writing this.

26. corpsefriedchicken

corpsefriedchicken
    Expand Collapse
    Reactionary cunt

Phone Sex Operator
    Quick point of info about Shane, the most popular theory comes from the fact that he went into a serious depression after Monty's death due to their friendship. Shane was pretty much Monty's right hand man, the theory goes that he pretty much felt like a usurper to Monty's work after the death. He had serious angst on and off after Monty died, as can be seen here.
    http://shanenewville.deviantart.com/journal/Things-Life-Throws-You-577167529
    I can't really see this article without a lot of it centered around Monty's death. RWBY was pretty much a life saver for the company because it was actually accepted by a lot of the Japanese anime fandom. Around the time Monty had died, Rooster teeth had made the show somewhat of a poster child. Basically, take RWBY out of the equation, and it's the same recycled shit they were always doing.

27. corpsefriedchicken

corpsefriedchicken
    Expand Collapse
    Reactionary cunt

Phone Sex Operator
    Recent update: Turns out that the voice actor for Ironwood got into some drama because he hit on some jailbait.

28. Nox Noctis

Nox Noctis
    Expand Collapse
    Echi 'till I die. All these lolis call me Senpai.

Sugoi Booty Call
    This is why I make sure the jailbait I hit on delete their messages.

29. KaneLives95

KaneLives95
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Oh please tell me you got more on this. I love making fun of pedos.

30. corpsefriedchicken

corpsefriedchicken
    Expand Collapse
    Reactionary cunt

Phone Sex Operator
    At first from what I gathered, I felt kinda bad for him, the accuser was a 17 year old tumblrina, so I thought it would just be some jokey flirting.
    Talked with a few RWBY fans who linked me to the screencaps [​IMG]
    And here are the screencaps of the DM itself
    [​IMG]
    http://therealagenttexas.tumblr.com/post/139328522042/proof-for-those-of-you-who-asked
    Methinks RT better start terminatin that contract

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List