1. Email server is down and i have to manually confirm accounts at the moment. Check forum regularly to see if your account has been approved, you wont get an email. Sorry about the wait
    Dismiss Notice

Rock is Dead but Manson isn't :(

Discussion in 'News' started by Radha the Buttwhisperer, Oct 1, 2017.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums

Encyclopedia Dramatica is being sued by a very wealthy serial litigator. This is not just another "gimme shekels for server" - the future of ED is at stake. We are asking for donations to fund our legal battle, all money raised goes entirely towards attorney fees. Please help with whatever you can, every donation is deeply appreciated.

Donate to the Encyclopedia Dramatica Legal FundJoin the Discussion Thread

1. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    Yeah, he probably shouldn't have bought that Crowley's house.. on the bright side, these stories are the reason we don't hear about such terrifying acts as Mamas & Papas

2. Sadfleck

Sadfleck
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

National Anthem Kneeler
    Cass really never stood a chance. She's honestly lucky to have lived to be 32 (considering she was in her late teens early 20's on this cover)
    [​IMG]

3. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

More like Dark Bowie, especially considering the music styles are not only identical but Bowie literally mentored trent.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

He is talking about it being a problem getting gigs when the news and pr were all around sourcing his music as the source of school shooting. It was so bad at the time states were paying him not to perform and schools would suspend any student who they found to have went.
    Manson is still good and consistent at that because he has ridiculous vocal range, most criticism like yours is half assed from non listeners who only know his cover of sweet dreams or personal jesus.
    Also
    fuck you MJ was obviously innocent, one accuser (the dad) killed themselves and the other was a junky.
    Poor bastard never got a childhood and just was a kid inside who wanted to make kids happy.
    Almost all his money went to charity or that weird neverland project.
    We never deserved michael

• I Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Tl;dr x 1
    • Butthurt x 1
    • lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol x 1
    • List
  5. Sadfleck

Sadfleck
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

National Anthem Kneeler
    The Bowie/ Reznor relationship was funny because it was actually more Bowie aping Reznor than the other way around. Only project Bowie had at the time that sounded at all similar to NIN was Tin Machine

Aside from that, I say dark Lennon cause of the corny "capitalism is bad"/ "le resistance" messages in some of Reznor's post sobriety work. He has exactly the kind of political takes I'd expect from an aging reformed junkie from Ohio

6. Failstation

Failstation
    Expand Collapse
    Eurocuck

EDF's Trump Card
    A gun was involved. I feel it's my responsibility to bring up the topic of gun safety.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

NO lol Bowie wrote a whole album using Reznor's style and only let trent in on one song, Afraid of Americans.

The messages from Trent are sociological not political, he mocks the dog eat dog mentality of man in which psychopaths and sociopaths blend in easily with the rest of us. There is also an element of the lack of originality in man, being a mere echo of the personalities of those before us and how dependent we are on government to watch and protect us.

• Tinfoil Tinfoil x 1
    • lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol x 1
    • List
  8. Sadfleck

Sadfleck
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

National Anthem Kneeler
    How does that run counter to what I said?

He's so DEEP MAN

9. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

whether or not it is deep, it's just not "le resistance" in your face liberalism

• lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol x 1
    • List
  10. Sadfleck

Sadfleck
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

National Anthem Kneeler
    And?

11. Sadfleck

Sadfleck
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

National Anthem Kneeler
    He got most of that out with Year Zero, complete with Trent's Afgani refugee scarf period
    [​IMG]

• Trigger Warning Trigger Warning x 1
    • List
  12. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse
    Pedophile

mentoring
    Lmfao you can't be srs.

Manson? Vocal range? LOL.
    Rodi, i grew up a weird goth. Manson has not developed or changed one lick since 1999.

The music stations in my area actually started playing Manson post Columbine, his popularity soared after that. Briefly.

His peak albums, IMO were Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals, although I do kinda like mObscene off of The Golden age of Grotesque.

Shock Rock can only take you so far. And you can only do it for so long until you become a weird parody of yourself. Hell, even Rob Zombie has branched off into other, weirder, horrible projects. Manson still wears black lipstick. And takes his gayass stuff too srsly.

Reznor is a whiny bitch, n while Downward Spiral had some good stuff on it to fuck to, Cash's cover of Hurt totally blows anything Reznor ever did or ever will do out of the water. Reason being, Cash put heart n soul into his music. Reznor, not so much.

Do like almost all of Pretty Hate Machine but With Teeth made me sad in my pants.

• lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Tl;dr Tl;dr x 1
    • List
  13. Sadfleck

Sadfleck
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

National Anthem Kneeler
    With Teeth showed that sometimes it's better to submit to your addictions than to sober up

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    • Tinfoil Tinfoil x 1
    • List
  14. dropdatwat

dropdatwat
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

da Vinci's retarded brother
    The real tragedy is that they weren't playing in Las Vegas

• I Agree I Agree x 4
    • Shots Fired Shots Fired x 2
    • List
  15. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse
    Pedophile

mentoring
  16. wretchedgretchen

wretchedgretchen
    Expand Collapse
    Not funny anymore

<3
    Lol you niggas raggin' on NIN like Johnny Cash DIDN'T cover hurt.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  17. dropdatwat

dropdatwat
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

da Vinci's retarded brother
    sixty-nine-inch nails

"I'VE FOUND YOU CAN FIND HAPPINESS IN SLAVERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"
    -Albert Einstein

• Quality Shoop Quality Shoop x 1
    • List
  18. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Johnny Cash's best known works are his covers, he is as talented as Marilyn Manson and regardless of how good his other shit is he can't be compared to Trent because (for a self proclaimed goth) you have no idea that country rock and roll music is judged totally different than industrial synth metal/rock like Trent. Cash covered it because he knew a genius wrote it and i know it rustles you.

Muh old school rock and roll fans like you can get over your groaning about how drum and bass are ruining music when that is how it is developing. You mentioning Rob Zombie as anything other than trash confirms your confused musical understanding.

#38 Rodion, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    • wut wut x 2
    • Shit Post Shit Post x 1
    • Autism Autism x 1
    • List
  19. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse
    Pedophile

mentoring
    Lmfao. I mentioned zombie as a weirdo who does other stuff aside from terrible shockrock u butthurt heeb. He isnt good just he does more than just shockrock.

I fucking love heavy bass shit, and still miss Pete Steele. And i still listen to Rammstein and other industrial groups on the reg. I grew outta my goth stage, cuz u gotta grow up.

Cash lived the downwatd spiral, thats why i love his version of that song. Its more real than Reznors version. He just sounds mewling and whiny.

• Shit Post Shit Post x 2
    • List
  20. Sadfleck

Sadfleck
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

National Anthem Kneeler
    Type O Negative was the best. 14 minute sludge epics with lovingly satirical lyrics