rip forum

Discussion in 'Encyclopædia Dramatica Collaboration' started by uberfukken, May 31, 2017.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums

Encyclopedia Dramatica is being sued by a very wealthy serial litigator. This is not just another "gimme shekels for server" - the future of ED is at stake. We are asking for donations to fund our legal battle, all money raised goes entirely towards attorney fees. Please help with whatever you can, every donation is deeply appreciated.

Donate to the Encyclopedia Dramatica Legal FundJoin the Discussion Thread

1. dropdatwat

dropdatwat
    Expand Collapse
    Does Not Appreciate Title Changes

da Vinci's retarded brother
    No, not to that extreme. Just have some ~h3-sized text inviting people to join the forum in the area the webpage loads on an average 1920x1080 monitor.

Like, just something like "Join the discussion on EDF2!" would suffice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Nobody Cares Nobody Cares x 1
    • List
  2. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

A link to the forum is literally at the top of every single page on the wiki, and links to a number of threads are all over the front page.

You gotta be blind

• Like Like x 2
    • Fuck off retard Fuck off retard x 1
    • List
  3. nazca

nazca
    Expand Collapse
    Autistic Edgelord

Space bum
    Home Page:
    But most people browsing ED just don't give a shit about the forum. I think EDF has enough visibility for what it is, if people don't feel like registering you won't change that by increasing visibility.
    Besides, people seem to think new users are leaving too easily, and you'd probably just get more of that.
    Anyway, if the forum is good, people will find it.

4. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

This sums it up.

ED is a wiki and people come here for a wiki. Sometimes people find their way to the forum. Sometimes people stick around, and sometimes people decide they like the forum better than the wiki. Either way the forum is a side act and we're all just here to kick the shit.

5. FuckOffRetard

FuckOffRetard
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Real winner of FOTY 2016
    nope. even the encyclopedia, over the last 3 years there has only been maybe half a dozen great articles if that.

6. dropdatwat

dropdatwat
    Expand Collapse

Fuck, I know I'm retarded, but I just realized that only the forum is in trouble???
    I thought that the forum and wiki shared funds and everything.

• List
  7. nazca

nazca
    Expand Collapse
    Autistic Edgelord

Space bum
    Home Page:
    You seem very well informed, please keep telling us what needs to be done in order to save the website

#127 nazca, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  8. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Lolwat

9. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
  10. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    rates post "shots fired"

11. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    I think there is a conflict in advertising, reflecting and aggregating on different social media and the real, actual 'content' of the forums, but that doesn't necessarily have to be bad thing. We all know what ed facebook is like, and ed twitter is what it is.. any bad rep is still a rep :D The influx of the new members isn't dwindling drastically, but they usually leave within days, possibly due to the different idea they had about the site. I respect the predominant demographic opinions.. i mean, i don't think that ed is as full of social democrat faggots as it was two years ago when we had all did the survey, but when ed is srsly retweeting paul joseph watson on daily basis(while having a lulzy article about him on encyclopedia), i can see that some people get easily confused.. and that is another wasted potential, imo.

12. Solution

Solution
    Expand Collapse
    Everyone is boring

Home Page:
    110% Moar Dongs!!!!!1!!11!!!1!!!!1!

13. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    PJW has a highly critical article because only a year ago he was claiming Hillary was wearing coats because she was carrying a defibrillator at all times

Now he is talking about free speech and immigration so is much more relatable

14. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    Yes, free speech is what we all (probably) agree on, i'm glad you've mentioned that. But plenty of times, he just grabs whatever bullshit fits his narrative, no matter how retarded it really is, and sounds like a fucking 140-character Lorem Ipsum. I'd hate to see ed go down that road. On the other hand, the main point is the fun and a lot of good jokes develop over time.. :)

15. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse
    Kawaii on the streets. Senpai in the sheets.

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    I haven't RT'd PJW in forever and I changed the password on Sibin so he wont be RTing anyone.

16. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    lol, so that's where the wind blew from.. :D that's a LOT of /pol/ retweets.. (on his account)

17. Maysam

Maysam
    Expand Collapse
    Pilot

8====>
    I disagree, the top of the wiki is cluttered as fuck, there are a ton of links to things I don't care about or have never heard of (what is a gab?)
    The news are all over the front page, but there is no comprehensible connection to the forum. If someone clicks on a news link he doesn't want to visit the forum, so he won't stay.

I suggest a link on the main page with a distinct look and a slogan telling people why they should visit the forum in the first place.
    I'm thinking of "Facebook for niggers" or "banned on facebook again? get in here!" or "Autism. Live. EDF".
    But I'm no wordsmith, the point I'm trying to make is: A link is not enough, people should actually know what sets this community apart from the rest.

18. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

The very first thing on that list is in big bold letters, FORUM.

Anyway all of that is irrelevant. Traffic is down because of ads. Site is unusable on mobile devices because every time you tap something there's a popup trying to install malware on your phone. Pretty sure I said something to that effect on the first page of this thread.

19. dropdatwat

dropdatwat
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]
    (removed the lawsuit banner to make it look more "everyday")
    The (tiny) link is in the far left corner of the cluster of links, which are mostly useless shit like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and even fucking Tumblr and DeviantArt; fucking cereal brands have Facebook and Twitter pages. The average user just looks at the cluster and sees a bunch of useless links;
    the forum link doesn't stand out among the others.
    And if you scroll down well past where the search bar is visible on a normal display...
    [​IMG]

What site are you using?

• List
  20. RobotOverlord

RobotOverlord
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Home Page:
    no more ads? I'm outta here