Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City.

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by Baya Rae 4900, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    So far it's really, really, really shit.

Edit #1 - But I'm only on the first level so it might get better. I can't seem to escape from the boss or kill him because the controls are dodgy as fuck.

Edit #2 - Second level. Yeah, not really building my confidence.

Edit #3 - I can't decide whether I like this game or dislike it. The controls are truly terrible. It's basically an action co-op Resident Evil game but they didn't think to make ammo (and other) pickups automatic. The problem with this is that you have to get into the right position to pick up items, not to mention revive team mates. The problem with that is that the controls are retarded and it's difficult to do much of anything while being hounded by monsters. On top of that they made every pick up the same button so while you might want to pick up a green herb or some ammo or whatever, you'll probably end up replacing your weapon.

2. Heskett

Heskett
    Expand Collapse
    Boyvinyl

Fellatio Aficionado
    On a technical standpoint, this game is awful, but playing versus with my buddies and consistently winning is just too fun.

3. ModSquad

ModSquad
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Professional Gamer
    Home Page:
    Beaten the game, regretted having a buddy burn this to a cd.

Game sucks shit, nothing to see here

4. Ghost People

Ghost People
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Sierra Madre Maintenance
    Home Page:
    The game is shit yes, but look at this handsome devil

[​IMG]

5. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

GBP Management Assistant
    Oh, so it was that bad? Time to visit the shitstorm at the GameFags boards.

6. Akula

Akula
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

n/a
    Home Page:
    I liked the game... and yes, Vector is awesome.

7. Rock

Rock
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Pretty boy swag'n
    Home Page:
    there are good parts but.....yeah
    fucking hunters :chainsaw:

8. Dungeon Roamer

Dungeon Roamer
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Homocidal Therapist
    I had only the highest hopes for this game, and I wasn't expecting a traditional Resident Evil game, I anticipated something along the lines of a more action based, co-ops shooter. But I didn't expect it to suck so much. I beat it... but the ending didn't give me any satisfaction at all. The only good part was the very beginning, and even that was filled with glitches and stupid shit.

9. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Not even the flamethrower could redeem this game. :(

10. Dungeon Roamer

Dungeon Roamer
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Homocidal Therapist
    And that's saying something. Killing Leon was a lot less epic than in the trailer. And saving him was equally stupid. I remember in the first level, my teammates wouldn't catch up to where I was, and I had to wait for the door to open, and G-Birkin and his face beating pipe weren't far behind... and I had no ammo... but then he swung his pipe and my friends showed up just in time to take the horrible beatings for me.

The glitches are insane. My teammates would strategically fuck themselves while I was off getting raped trying to play the game.

11. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    The first level was the worst. I must have replayed it about ten times before finishing. One time they just stood there, doing nothing. They're also completely useless. Especially in boss fights. Honestly, there's nothing redeemable about this game. It's the Silent Hill Homecoming of Resident Evil games.

12. ModSquad

ModSquad
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Professional Gamer
    Home Page:
    Not to mention that fight where you saved or killed leon was undoubtidly easy and stupid at the same time.

Hurr im going to do a 2v2 against my teammates and when i finish curbstomping them im going to watch a cutscene where we are together as usual!

What the fuck, Capcom. Did this shit really come from you?

13. Dungeon Roamer

Dungeon Roamer
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Homocidal Therapist
    It was pretty awful. I'm not sure if I want to play that free DLC. Sure it has Nemesis and Jill in it... but I know it's just going to be a pain in the ass. Also, did you notice how you fought more soldiers than zombies in Operation Raccoon Shitty? I really hated that. Another thing, I'm a big fan of Resident Evils 2 & 3. I do not recall giant frog BOWs. Fighting Soldiers and giant frog BOWs at the same time did not help me hate the game any less.

Bertha is a whore who never shares supplies, all your teammates are BUT- they make good distractions some times.

14. Dungeon Roamer

Dungeon Roamer
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Homocidal Therapist
    I know. Un-fucking-believable. Who at Capcom decided that getting the morons who make Socom to do a Resident Evil game would be a good idea?

15. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    TBH, I was hoping for (and expecting) a Resident Evil Outbreak 3. I imagined that it would be a relatively sandbox game in which you had to use actual survival techniques and got to see areas from RE2/RE3 and other Outbreak games. I mean I knew they'd probably abandon such a concept even if they were planning on making it but I've been waiting over a decade for such a game, damn it.

I can't believe how this game doesn't live up to games that were made nearly a decade ago. It really is the Homecoming of RE games.

16. BizarrePsycho

BizarrePsycho
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Livin' in a Gangsta's Paradise
    Man, after all these glowing reviews it looks like I'll need to pick this game up for sure.

17. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

After reading this thread and knowing Capcom is getting lazier with the games, I just hope RE6 doesn't turn out to be a massive debacle.

18. Heskett

Heskett
    Expand Collapse
    Boyvinyl

Fellatio Aficionado
    The Spec-Ops DLC is so much fucking better than the USS Campaign. Also, there were frog BOWs in RE3 (in the park area) but I'm assuming you mean the Hunters which are more like reptile-gorillas.

Bertha is also the only teammate that actually helps you, by providing a very occasional first-aid spray. Everyone else does jack-shit.

19. Dungeon Roamer

Dungeon Roamer
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Homocidal Therapist
    Ah yes... now that you mention it, I do recall them in the park. You first see them in the hospital/lab as Carlos. Bertha would help me every now and them... but ugh... and I wouldn't blame Capcom. The game was developed by Slanted Dicks Slant 6. They make shitty FPS games no one likes Socom. But Capcom did have the nefarious nuts to publish this, so they are somewhat to blame.

20. Heskett

Heskett
    Expand Collapse
    Boyvinyl

Fellatio Aficionado
    I also like how they're continuing the trend of giving beloved franchises' next games to shitty developers. Giving Lost Planet 3 (LP series is very popular in Asia) to a crappy developer like Spark Unlimited? Why, Capcom?

21. Dungeon Roamer

Dungeon Roamer
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Homocidal Therapist
    That's odd, but I'm not a big fan of Lost Planet. I tried to get into to second game with a friend, and it was just awful to me. But one way or another, I feel bad that they're handing it over to those idiots at Spark Unlimited...

22. Weezus Christ

Weezus Christ
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Savior

breakfast mummy
    Home Page:
    i liked coon city but yeah to most of the criticisms... still fun game.

when i can pick it up for 15 or 20 bucks i will.

23. Infamous

Infamous
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Being a dick
    It sucked. Like really fucking bad.

Good thing I rented it.