Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by Chainsaw surgeon, Jan 20, 2012.
Looks good already.
Leon S Kehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng
PC version here I come.
I was hoping Leon and Chris would team up.
Or is that too much awesome for one game to handle?
Leon, Chris, some unknown white chick, Adam Wesker, and possibly Sherry Birkin. I like were this is going.
Where did the edit button go?
Anyways, looks like the game will be divided in three parts based off the trailer:
Leon - Survival Horror of the older games.
Chris - Action of the newer games.
Adam & Sherry/(Ashley?) - Co-op & Teamwork.
Appealing to all of the fans in one game? SMART.
this looks really good , the story looks sick and with non stop madness
It's just me or I heard Ashley voice on that trailer?
EDIT: OH GOD ASHLEY IS BACK
"I won't let anything happen to you, the world needs you!" ERUHGIURHDUHGIFRDHHGJURHDJGHRHGE
Suddenly I need to play Resident Evil 4, again.
She look better with short hair.
Dammit, I was looking for a vid where Ashley screams for Leon, but I can't find one. So: you are now hearing her scream "LEON!!" over and over.
On topic: looks really good. I'm curious as to how they'll handle the various storylines, but as long as they don't make it too disjointed it should be okay. Also, I wonder if Chris will be destroying any boulders with his fists in this game?
VOTE 4 ZOMBIE PRESIDENT THIS NOVEMBER
Resident Evil 7: A management game where you are Wesker.
Let's see if this tops 2 as the best Resident Evil.
Jesus christ, what happened to RE? It used to be about survival horror, this looks like an adaptation of the Paul Anderson movie. It puts too much emphasis on action and not any on the actual horror that made the series stand out in the first place. It might be a good game, but it sure as hell won't be Resident Evil. Although the same could be said about the 5th one.
Fuck, shut up. I keep seeing people say this shit and it's getting pretty fucking annoying. "OH NO IT'S NOT RE NOPE", yes it is you shit. You want the game to be corridors and camera angles again? Is that what makes it Resident Evil? Guess what, it doesn't and that concept is outdated. "OH BUT THAT'S WHAT MADE IT SCARY", RE was never that scary you fuck. "Scary" in RE was a zombie breaking through a window, Mr. X smashing through a wall, or Nemesis appearing out of fucking nowhere. That's it, cheap scares and not even terrifying.
Sure, going back and playing the older games is great and all, but that was in the past. Series need to evolve or change or they'll stagnate and suck. Get over it. RE6 is going in the RIGHT direction, by providing all of the features from RE of the past. Can you honestly not look at Leon's campaign and think "oh that's not survival horror nope. my character has to be a useless shit with a gun"? Seriously, shut the fuck up.
1. It is not RE you incompetent twat. It is now a completely different genre with major gameplay overhauls that would make it impossible to be identified by the uninformed as a sequel to the original.
2. I never said the old ones were good, they are completely outdated by today's standards. I said that the new ones have completely eschewed everything ever presented by the originals. You can update a game and still keep the fundamentals. Silent Hill did a pretty good job of that. RE has been a different game series ever since 4, and it's annoying that they still try to identify it with the previous series.
3. Sure, the scares in the original REs were cheap, but at least they were there. It was a cheesy type of scary that used all the tricks and cliches generic horror movies did. But it was fun and at least it made the player feel some tension. With RE5 they didn't even try to scare you. If you actually jumped even once during that game you are a wimp. It was pure testosterone-filled action with no atmosphere.
4. Once again, RE did not evolve. It completely metamorphosized into an entirely different game series. It is a matter of opinion whether this new series is good, but it does not in any way resemble the originals. Anyone who says otherwise is a bullshitter.
5. You just made grammar cry.
1. I think with the title being Resident Evil 6, the uninformed could probably gander that it's the sixth sequel to five previous games with the titles of Resident Evil.
2. Silent Hill has kept it's fundamentals, but all of the newer games are just "OK" at best. It's formula is stale and needs a swift kick in the pants to do something differently to revitalize the series.
3. Reapers caused a shit ton of tension, which is something you cannot deny, because most likely they killed the shit out of you at first.
4. Going from from static camera angles to over-the-shoulder sounds like evolution to me.
5. No shit, I was purposefully making you sound like a retard.
Also RE games with Leon Kennedy don't suck
Also that new guy (the dude with immune blood or whatever) actually seems pretty cool.
Adam Wesker, and yes he does.
The fact he's beating the shit out of all these zombies and monsters with his own bare hands show's he is.
I found Resident Evil 4 more scary then any other Resident Evil.
Shit was pretty stressful, the Spaniards were hysterical (thought I wish they had Spaniard accent) and the music made great mood.
Resident Evil 4 is best RE, I didn't bother with RE 5 because I got sad not seeing Leon there
And frankly, I like the direction the series took because I consider it's better for the storyline. Before, everyone seemed pretty much very calm and unaware of the shit going on, action gameplay allows RE to go for more open maps, and a more suitable plot and setting for the premise.
I mean a virus like that is for shit to turn hysterical like in Resident Evil 6, not stuck in little towns and homes like in the previous RE fighting just a few zombies. It didn't really exploited the premise as much as the recent RE games do, in my opinion.
Suspense is more suitable for premises like Fatal Frame and Silent Hill.
It might Ashley with Adam, but Ashley would rather tag along with Leon.
Personally, I enjoyed the first 3 resident evil games, but not as much to an extent that Resident Evil4 and 5 in terms of gameplay.
Sure I do like solving puzzles but the mercenaries mode was very satisfying. Nothing like seeing leon do a suplex to zombies or seeing some idiot in versus playing as Wesker getting pounded into the ground from an executioner.
im very interested in playing this game.
i liked all of the president evils.
the very first for playstation will always be my favorite though.
Never really completely resident evil 4 or 5. Resident Evil 4 was just a bitch, with nearly to no ammo, having to fight those ogre things. Maybe RE6 will give me a chance to actually complete one.
How the fuck have you never beaten RE4 and RE5? By far they are the easiest games to play and beat.
Atleast in Resident Evil 5 you can co-op with someone who's beaten the game so many times that they can just carry you through the game.
Yep, memories...I beated that motherfucker in the Saturn, lol
Back in 1996-7 it was pretty revolutionary, at least for me, I enjoyed it a lot
I still remember, first time I saw the doggies go trough the window of the mansion, I literally jumped
i prefer REmake over the PS original.