Reasons to support the death penalty

Discussion in 'Religion & Politics' started by SWfan, May 30, 2013.

?

Do you support the death penalty?

Poll closed Jul 18, 2013.
  1. Yes

91.7%
  2. No

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SWfan

SWfan
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

* Confessed serial killers

* Confessed rapists

* Furries and Bronies

* Hipsters

* Jodi Arias

* Pedophiles

* Zoophiles

* Feminists

REASONS NOT TO SUPPORT THE DEATH PENALTY:

* A one in a thousand chance that they execute the wrong person.

2. RiKio

RiKio
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

3. SWfan

SWfan
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

No.

4. RiKio

RiKio
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Yes

5. SWfan

SWfan
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I am a good person.

6. RiKio

RiKio
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

You want to kill pedophiles. And thats bad. Because the only chance I have to have sex is to delude 13 year old girls

7. SWfan

SWfan
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

8. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    Wow, good work on letting people choose more than one option in a Y/N question.
    I voted yes & no.

9. SWfan

SWfan
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Thank you.

10. lulzbomb

lulzbomb
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I am drawn between electric chair ,and gas chamber. Can we do both?

11. SWfan

SWfan
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Gas chambers are more humane than most people think.

12. lulzbomb

lulzbomb
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Are you suggesting giving humane treatment? <3

13. Slavoj Jizzek

Slavoj Jizzek
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I'm an evil Scotsman and my name is Jock
    Srsly. If we've decided that the person is so much of an asshole that we need to kill them, I don't think being overly concerned with their comfort level helps that much.

14. Bass

Bass
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Better than you
    Personally I don't think pedophiles should receive the death penalty, it would be a waste of tax dollar money and the pedos' time in the shower would be a much more fitting punishment (and potentially free death penalty).

If you catch my meaning.

SPOILER: I'm talking about prison shower raep.

15. lulzbomb

lulzbomb
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I dont think hes killing based on being an asshole . Hes just picking random lesser groups out of a hat.

16. Heskett

Heskett
    Expand Collapse
    Boyvinyl

Fellatio Aficionado
    So basically everyone who beats you up in high school, am I right?

17. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

i only support the death penalty in cases where it is completely unwarranted

18. Mr Lange

Mr Lange
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Man of Science
    Home Page:
    George Carlin came up with the best answer.
    "I think we either have all rights, or no rights at all. If you say something I don't like, I have the right to fucking kill you."
    But we are a humane society of course so we must respond to primitive impulses by using brute force to lock people we perceive to have done bad things in human designed institutions made of metal and stone designed to be very unpleasant from our point of view and perpetually spend enormous amounts of money keeping these facilities running. All because humans are psychotically and irrationally terrified of death. If death is so horribly unfathomably bad we are actually doing the prisoners a favor. None of it makes any fucking sense when you really think about it, which very few people ever do.

Has anyone ever considered letting the prisoners themselves decide if they want to be killed or not, and just offing the ones who are perfectly fine with dying or asking for it? Apparently not, I guess that would be bad, compared to everything else involved with spending ludicrous amounts of money and resources preserving the detainment and torturing of members of our own species.

19. Thatdamnnigger

Thatdamnnigger
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

We had the nicest way of killing people and we had to elect a fag who was against death penalty D:

20. Slavoj Jizzek

Slavoj Jizzek
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

My policy for any elected political official who opposes the death penalty is that they should have to make personal visits to the families of all victims of heinous murderers who are convicted, and apologize and explain why he's inherently more moral than they are for wanting the man or woman who committed the crimes to live. It's a common liberal tactic, as conservatives have to defend gun rights against parents of slaughtered children. Let a liberal defend his or her moralfag beliefs in front of a hostile audience for a change.

And anybody who thinks life in prison isn't preferable to death has another thing coming. Most of the idiots who repeat this drivel are those who have never once spoken to somebody who did time (it mostly depends the area you're doing time in). You think Manson has it that bad? He and a number of other inmates don't seem to mind prison that much. Nothing puts life in perspective for you like being in prison. Most people in prison are positively terrified of dying. Making it an option to elect to kill themselves wouldn't get many takers.

21. GSTalbert1

GSTalbert1
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Part Time Substitute Teacher Full time Teal Deer

No, we need less emotional bullshit, not more. Our justice system is horribly flawed, full of corrupt politicians, lying pigs, and crooked judges and until we have a way of extracting the truth from them the costs of trying to execute criminals while maintaining the equity of the law will continue to be astronomical.

What's more I don't owe these victims jack shit beyond catching the bastard and locking them up. The bleeding heart prosecutor making news rounds holding the hands and crying like a bitch with some sister of a dumb shit that got themselves offed by a lunatic is furthering his career at the expense of justice. What's next, you're sister is murdered do we fucking owe you a pension fund? Cry me a river.

You seem to be confusing justice with vengeance. Form a mob and lynch a bitch if need be but don't fucking send pigs to do dirty work you're too much of a pussy to do.

22. Thatdamnnigger

Thatdamnnigger
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

That's implying politicians care about what they believe is right.
    The thing is most retards are against (probably the same who agree on fag marriage) and they want the more votes.

23. Slavoj Jizzek

Slavoj Jizzek
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

The point I was trying to make is that people who are overwhelmingly concerned with sob-story moralism about the preciousness of a murderer's life don't have a monopoly on the rampant emotionalism involved. I had to listen to the rantings and ravings of two people in college who interned at the Alternative to the Death Penalty for my state. They almost seemed to have more sympathy for the criminals than the victims. It was like the setup for a really bad action movie that Charles Bronson would have starred in where a milquetoast white middle class anti-death penalty activist gets victimized by crime and starts administering it himself.

And the concept that justice is either reforming for the criminal and protective for the citizen or punitive for the criminal ignores the fact that justice aims for all three. Punishment is part of justice. In fact, I think that's the most basic notion people have of justice from childhood on. The other two aspects seem to be incidental. Justice is the application of causality. I support the courts purely because they are, by nature, less likely to make an overly harsh mistake in administration of justice than a mob is.

EDIT: I'd just like to clarify, Death Wish was the shit.

24. RiKio

RiKio
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I prefer Death Penalty on the economic criminals, like corrupted politicians or bank swindlers. Death Penalty doesnt stop people to kill and rape, but I am sure that it would stop them of defrauding the Department of the Treasury

25. SWfan

SWfan
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I'm just keeping the liberals and their temper tantrums in mind.

26. lulzbomb

lulzbomb
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Shouldnt they be on the list?

27. SWfan

SWfan
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

No. I'm saving them for good reasons to support torture.

28. lulzbomb

lulzbomb
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Are muzzies gunna be on that list as well?

29. SWfan

SWfan
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Why wouldn't I?

30. lulzbomb

lulzbomb
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Good point.