Publishers are dying.

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by AmbrJones Wickenshire, Feb 5, 2019.

A very friendly community
  1. AmbrJones Wickenshire

AmbrJones Wickenshire
    Expand Collapse
    Token Black Woman

Welfare Leach
    Thoughts?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    How gaming works

Small company develops quality game
    EA notices and gain interest
    EA buys small company and rights to game
    Game and devs both ruined

3. Lavrentiy Beria (Jr)

Lavrentiy Beria (Jr)
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

The posting of feces
    Home Page:
    And yet EA continues to thrive. Despite 30+ years of customers and devels bitching about them.

Joey Butthead the average gamer doesn't care enough. All he wants are his fast FPSes and his big league sports franchise crap. Perhaps if millions of people boycotted EA or Valve or whoever, they would think twice about screwing developers. Good luck organizing that.

its enough to make one just a wee bit cynical

4. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Lol

5. Lavrentiy Beria (Jr)

Lavrentiy Beria (Jr)
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

The posting of feces
    Home Page:
    bet you the top management sees the loot-box thing and Battlefield 5 as a "minor hiccup". Go and look at some of their earnings calls to investors in the last year. They rarely admit they have a "problem".

And if they keep their greasy mitts on all those major franchises (Star Wars, NFL, NBA, etc) they probably will recover.

6. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Screenshot_20190209-195904_Chrome.

Yeah just a minor hiccup

Im sure the shareholders dont care at all about the company losing a third of its value in 6 months

• I Fapped I Fapped x 2
    • Disgusting Disgusting x 1
    • Tinfoil Tinfoil x 1
    • List
  7. Barrabas

Barrabas
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Microwave
    They got enough IP to rebound. No, it's not a great thing, but so long as they have Madden n sheeeet they will be just fine.

8. AmbrJones Wickenshire

AmbrJones Wickenshire
    Expand Collapse
    Token Black Woman

Welfare Leach
    Keep in mind that this was their lowest single-day stock drop since 99 and that their financial safety net (loot boxes) is slowly being taken away.

9. OneEyedFreak

OneEyedFreak
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

This is one of the big reason I really hate Gen Y. They are too entitled to care about even bad things happening to the very best in life.

Gen X would organize some good resistance to it. Y will just sit there and keep on posting selfies all day on on Fagbook and Insta-meth-gram.

• Butthurt Butthurt x 2
    • Fuck off retard Fuck off retard x 1
    • Kill Yourself Kill Yourself x 1
    • List
  10. Failstation

Failstation
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Quota Mandated Shit Posting
    Home Page:
    EA gets it's revenue solely from yearly NBA, NFL, FIFA and NHL releases.

11. OneEyedFreak

OneEyedFreak
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

ha what is your defense of Gen Y Barrabas

• Dumb Question Dumb Question x 1
    • Autism Autism x 1
    • Butthurt Butthurt x 1
    • List
  12. Ricki

Ricki
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Fixed it for you

• I Agree I Agree x 2
    • Quality Shoop Quality Shoop x 1
    • I Fapped I Fapped x 1
    • List
  13. lotic

lotic
    Expand Collapse
    Flower Boy

there hasn't been a good game released in over a decade

• Trigger Warning Trigger Warning x 1
    • Tinfoil Tinfoil x 1
    • List
  14. Maysam

Maysam
    Expand Collapse
    Pilot

(_)_)::::::::::::::D~~~
    • Shots Fired Shots Fired x 1
    • List
  15. GloriousReader

GloriousReader
    Expand Collapse
    #CouchCrew2k15

Fbi informant
    Capture+_2019-02-04-06-31-46.
    Ive been waiting for you to post for like a week so i could show you this

• Feels Feels x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Barrabas

Barrabas
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Microwave
    That Gen-X'ers are just as fucking stupid. If history, and current generations, are a pile of shit, it has gotten there by sliding from the assholes of giants.

• List
  17. OneEyedFreak

OneEyedFreak
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

It's true Gen X can't compare with the Silents and before. But just talking about today's 4 alive generations from Boomers to Zers, then X is the only ones with any common sense at all.

• Autism Autism x 2
    • Tinfoil Tinfoil x 1
    • List
  18. OneEyedFreak

OneEyedFreak
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

The graphics technology is worse.

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Nobody Cares Nobody Cares x 1
    • List
  19. Sleepy420

Sleepy420
    Expand Collapse
    Swagtagged

Very Cool Guy :)
    Home Page:
    Gen X and baby boomers literally ruined the country by hoarding money, doing nothing with it, and then spending it all on useless luxury items or health care instead of just handing it all down or investing it. You're retarded.

• I Agree I Agree x 2
    • wut wut x 1
    • List
  20. Groyper Supreme

Groyper Supreme
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Games like any other media is now a high risk thing.
    No one wants to take a chance.

Too many special interest groups wielding incredible power over a company trying to do something. The current environment is so sketchy I bet you if one company had someone who was a brilliant designer, programmer, artist and say he vocally expressed their opposition on gay marriage, that company would sink. (See Firefox) It would sink in a week. They wouldn't even have the option to get rid of him and move on. Because now there is no appeasement one can make to the mob. Social media literally is the violent kneejerk reactionist mob armed with pitchforks and torches that only wants blood.
    And with those sort of absurd consequences how can anyone take a risk? How could you produce anything that was inventive or different? You like your 6 figure paycheck, you like doing what you do, you like the atmosphere you work in/created -- why risk all of that on something that might electrify the tards? Stick with StarWars, sports or other pop culture subjects which are already vetted and loved by these very same people.

Look what these same people are doing to the movies, TV, music. Da shit is off da chain.

• I Agree I Agree x 3
    • Autism Autism x 1
    • List
  21. Lavrentiy Beria (Jr)

Lavrentiy Beria (Jr)
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

The posting of feces
    Home Page:
    So the fuck what----Tesla stock has gone up and down like an insane yo-yo since it was issued in 2013. Shortsellers hate them, the rest of the auto industry hates them, investors with big stakes in the rest of the industry hate them. They still have people throwing money at them for cars they can't deliver.

Stock markets are giant jokes. Poker for rich people. Stock values are mass delusions, not "real money".

22. Groyper Supreme

Groyper Supreme
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Do they even have computers in Canukistan?

23. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    The difference here is Tesla customers want and like their product and company

EA customers hate EA

24. OneEyedFreak

OneEyedFreak
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Boomers started the credit crunch and the McMortgage crises.

https://www.centro.net/blog/generation-x-the-small-but-mighty-generation/

• Autism Autism x 3
    • List
  25. Groyper Supreme

Groyper Supreme
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Liberal policies started teh Mortgage crisis and the credit crunch. You're literally a generationalist? You're a fuckign tard. Age or which generation had no influence on policy.

The left thought it was racist America that was holding blacks back from owning houses.

And obviously, the racist right said, "No it's Blackie McBlackmon spending his ̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶t̶e̶n̶ ̶g̶a̶i̶n̶s̶ hard earned money on Rent-A-Center furniture, and new 28's."

So in order to qualify LaQueefa for a mortgage, US Congress adjusted the requirements BY Law. Once they adjusted the requirements they then drastically lowered the amount which a bank had to have in liquid holdings to cover said mortgages. This couldn't be limited to blacks because that's by definition racist and against the law. So all standards had to be dropped for everyone.

Now, black people are suing banks over loans they should have never gotten in the first place, who have defaulted on, because they were paying 1/2 a point higher than someone who didn't have a spotty work history and accounts in collections because, CreditKarma rated them a 740 for a month. Plus, there are suits in which the Bank did everything by law and are still being found guilty because with the way the lending program was structured it could appear biased towards blacks no matter what they did.

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Butthurt Butthurt x 1
    • Fuck off retard Fuck off retard x 1
    • List
  26. OneEyedFreak

OneEyedFreak
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Yes, the Greatest Generation that produced the likes of Tom Brokaw and Walter Cronkite were full of intent to destroy the nation from the 1950s onward.

The majority of the debt of the mortgage and credit loads was begun by people who had to have an education beyond high school and belong to the middle middle class to upper upper crust. That means it was a reckless Jewish and White experimental highly groovy trend at the prime age for the Boomers. The late disco era I believe. Why you are dumping the blame on ghetto niggers is a motivation I cannot read. Most niggers graduating out of historically black colleges don't end up with the same results as the rappers on MTV you see with their McMansions to show off.

• Autism Autism x 2
    • Dumb Question Dumb Question x 1
    • List
  27. Groyper Supreme

Groyper Supreme
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

To say a person born within a bracket of years is the direct and sole reason and responsible for the mortgage crisis is beyond stupid. It's only something a mindless millennial spamming furrie would conjure up.

Wrangle was a driving voice behind correcting the "racist lending policies of the banks." It was one of the primary reasons the lending restrictions were relaxed through policy.
    Do you not know how the legislative process works?

Blah, blah, blah. Yes because a black person, or any person for that matter, who graduates college, he or she doesn't make bad economic decisions. :rolleyes: The law was designed to loosen the restrictions so people who qualified as sub-prime could get mortgages (PoC). The banks said, well if we drop the standards for these people in this bracket, we HAVE TO apply the same standards to people in prime loans. We could offer them mortgages of a higher value based on the new standards. If the banks didn't, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ILLEGAL.

28. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse
    Sexually Delinquent, Permanently Sleepless

minty's bff4lyfe
    Alot of the sup prime loans weren't fixed rates tho. That's why alot of ppl got behind

29. Groyper Supreme

Groyper Supreme
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

They offer the same thing now. Variable rate mortgages are a thing. They are specifically, from what I gather geared towards house flippers. Low points for the first 1-3 years then it adjusts to market rate.

People have the same problem with lease programs with cars -- the balloon payment at the end of the lease. They end up paying for the full price of the car and the depreciation of the vehicle.

30. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse
    Sexually Delinquent, Permanently Sleepless

minty's bff4lyfe
    It's also a dirty lil secret for banks with known the tendencies towards lending with ppl on the lower socioeconomic scale.
    It's a predatory lending practice, and while most reputable banks don't want to foreclose on a property (it's alot of hassle paperwork n bad biz plus ppl in forclosure tend to shit up the property making its value drop hard n fast, thus leaving the bank with a steaming pile of shit) the shady loan companies will try n sucker naive ppl into a bullshit 'consolidated' loan that looks good on paper but is a shitty, shitty deal for the borrower in the long run.

Eventually the floor falls out on the borrower, the bank/loan agency (it's alot of loan agencies) are left with bad loans and need help. Hence bailouts. Tho I'm pretty sure loan companies aren't secured by the Fed.

They do however sell shares to ppl and that tanks shit further.
    But yeah shitty firms will sucker in a sucka with a variable rate who doesn't qualify for a reg loan.