Protests on Wall Street, Cops attack random people

Discussion in 'News' started by I_Cant, Sep 28, 2011.

1. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

2. Seku

Seku
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

bad bich
    Home Page:
    W00T, anonymoose

3. m450n_yuno

m450n_yuno
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Professional Basement Dweller
    If anyone needed a beating, it was those penniless homeless bastards. WooT Cops!

4. Seku

Seku
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

bad bich
    Home Page:
    Most of them are hipsters with rich parents.

5. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

at least now they're protesting the people behind all this shit.

DOWN WITH WALL STREET!

6. m450n_yuno

m450n_yuno
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

That is true. Still, Fuck 'em. Why can't they understand that when a group of people starts yelling at a cop with bad pay and starts spouting shit like, "Cops are corporate puppets," that that annoys the shit out of them. They have to understand that while cops are trained to keep their cool on crowd control situations, if these stupid hipsters start ad hominem attacks at the cops just trying to do their jobs so they can go back to reality and feed their family, that cops will beat the shit out of you. Imagine yourself in a cop's situation. Would you like getting yelled at by a bunch of fucking retard kids who don't know shit about the real world, who found some stupid ambiguous shit like the Wall Street scandal when they know nothing about it, and would probably call 911 the moment there's an emergency?

I don't particularly fancy the cops. But, when I get pulled over I'd be cordial to an officer so I can avoid a conflagration and a fucking $200 fine. That's not being a pussy, that's being smart. And this stupid hipsters who protests liberal rights when they don't know know jack shit about it and is probably just doing it because their friends are doing it and smoking pot, are no better than a white supremecist zealot who is incapable of critical thinking and would not affect the world if he dies miserably.

That's all that it boils down to. It's admirable if you're doing something for someone else but when you're doing something without giving critical thought, or because it's the "cool" thing to do, that's the same as not doing anything at all. I know this may seem like weird philosophical shit, but this is the truth.

7. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

yeah, shouting at cops really isn't a good idea, I always try to be respectful

but at the same time, cops are NOT allowed to use ANY weapons unless instructed to do so by a superior or the civilians draw weapons first.

also, they arrested about 100 people during this protest (which is peaceful for the most part), which I imagine pissed off the protestors

8. Seku

Seku
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

bad bich
    Home Page:
    And viciously dragged some poor woman into the street and arrested her.

9. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

indeed...

I looked around a bit and saw that Anonymous (some part of it) had some involvement in organizing the protests in the first place. guess we should be glad they're not wearing their V masks eh?

10. Squall741

Squall741
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I'm just angry that the main stream media is not covering this. The only news that is covering this event is Russia Today.

11. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

really? MSNBC's been talking about it for the last 3 hours

12. Squall741

Squall741
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Maybe I haven't watch MSNBC enough. I usually I watch CNN, but right now I'm watching the Rachel maddow now and all she is talking about is about the Republican primary and Obama.

13. m450n_yuno

m450n_yuno
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I admit that the police have their shortcomings, hell I was pissed off when I saw the Rodney King video, but realize that they're asked to bottle up their emotions and frustrations, and as with any human there is a point where your emotions explode and your rational thinking goes in the shitters. I still don't change my position because of the fact that I've been to one of these protests myself (not this particular one but it's similar) and most of the people there were not yelling at the people responsible, like the bankers at Wall Street, they're screaming at the police officers trying to calm them down and move them away from ongoing traffic. So once again, fuck 'em.

14. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

they were talking about it earlier, they might rerun it now, they can't spend the whole show talking about just one thing after all

15. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

well then, guess some people who are more reasonable need to get over there and organize right?

when there's a large group of people, something happens to the minds of the individuals, they stop thinking straight and do whatever the people around them are doing, except the stupidest people, they'll do their own thing, and then everyone else mimics them.

if you don't recognize this happening to you and compensate for it, you'll be doing it too

16. m450n_yuno

m450n_yuno
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Irving Janis calls that phenomenon, groupthink. Unsurprisingly, I'm not about to piss off a guy trying to do his job and scream in his face when he has a gun by his waist. It's cowardly, yes, but I sleep peacefully at night knowing that I have an equally strong power as anyone else to combat what I don't like and that's by not being stupid and by voting. Lots of people on the protest I went to were college kids and they said they're not voting because it's useless. Well, it's useless if you don't use it, stupid faggots.

17. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

if everyone thinks that their votes don't matter then they'll turn out to be right

but if they HAD voted, and there were alot of them, then their votes WOULD matter, the whole point of voting is that the sum total of all of the votes makes up something that matters, each vote matters just as much as every other vote, and together they change the world

18. zenkiller

zenkiller
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Swimming
    Police are police, not lawmakers. Most assholes, some kind. Don't care for them myself, but who ya gonna call? Put them on camera and have people yelling anti-wall street shit at them and they're going to get tired. I'm all about the calm, chill way to handle it, but NYPD (and the other PD's) are not gonna chill and take a moment. Trust me.

Much love to all those that try...

19. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

the thing that seems to be pissing people off is that the officers that did this stuff weren't held accountable for their actions until the popularity of the videos forced them to.

and even now they'll probably find some way out of disciplining them

20. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    All I see is 5 vagoo carriers, who should either be making their bosses coffee & sammiches, or doing the ironing. Fucking whores - I knew giving wimminz the vote would fuck everything up.

21. zenkiller

zenkiller
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Swimming
    Liek voting isn't fucked up by choice. Electoral college, Hairy Rosie. God I hate that av... Please stop

22. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

and? the electoral college might not accurately represent the votes, but your votes still count in it

but it should be trashed, I agree

23. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    The only form of government which works is a dictatorship. Fucking democracy just results in the most corrupt cunts running the place, and everyone taking it up the arse, apart from slobs on welfare and fucking immigrants.

And fuck you Zen. I hope you dream of Rosie giving you 69 tonight, with a big hairy lesbian arsehole right in your face. You'll be pulling pubes out of your dream teeth for weeks.

24. madh8r

madh8r
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Home Page:
    Pepperspray sucks bro, and it's supposed to be for defense, not for dispersal.

25. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    It's also good on nachos. Gives that extra kick.

26. $$Trooper

$$Trooper
    Expand Collapse
    I'm $$Trooper, a badass commie nigger.

Dank Memes professor of Dank Community College.
    Home Page:
    Is Michael Moore there?
    i think he should boycott food because he is a fat fuck.

27. Watching

Watching
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

28. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

dictators are usually corrupt too, often even more than democratically elected representatives because they don't have to worry about getting kicked out next election.

although lately the Republican party hasn't been caring about much

29. Dildo Baggins

Dildo Baggins
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Penis Inspector
    America is not a democracy, its a republic and with good reason. When the Constitution was originally written, the only thing the stupid masses were really allowed to vote for in the federal government was the House of Representative. State legislators voted on who would be your senators, the electoral college wasn't just a rubber stamp and actually had weight, and we still don't vote on whose in the supreme court. (thank fucking god for that) The ONLY reason the government is so shitty and ineffective today is because of the stupid tea party populist angry at the government always even when it is trying to get something done. The masses are stupid and should only be given just enough say to keep them quiet and ruining the now apparent delicate balance of power.

30. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

the Tea Party is a relatively small group of people, most people think they're crazy

unfortunately, most people don't seem to care either, I'm GLAD this protest is happening, now the protest is from the smarter people.

although the fact that most news stations refuse to report this is rather troubling, I guess Wall Street is somehow manipulating them