Privatize roads now!

Discussion in 'Religion & Politics' started by Baya Rae 4900, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    You know how the dimwits think that roads can't be privatized because something something. Well, let me tell you how it'd work out. First of all, forget toll booths. Even if they're setup at first, they'll quickly disappear due to consumer complaints and inefficiency. Rather there will be advertisements. (Especially on the busy roads. Think television and malls.) And, and this is the selling point, there will be vendors. Imagine being able to find a vendor that serves the food or product of your choice almost anywhere. Plus on long rides between cities you'll find a vendor every few hundred metres if not less. They might even have a makeshift drive-though. I, for one, welcome such things. Just the thought of being able to get a hotdog anywhere makes my mouth water. No homo.

2. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    Yawn...

3. DocEvil

DocEvil
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Home Page:
    shitty thread mods gas

4. Flu

Flu
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

milk man
    Home Page:
    Imagine one mall that stretches from one end of a country to the other. There are roads and service stations everywhere and all customers are expected to drive their cars through the mall. Additional bridges and super-elevators are added to go up or down levels. There are no more trees or fields of grass or flowers - just long expanses of tiled floor, polished highway, and a raucous of blaring mall music for so long as you drive, with seasonal songs depending on the holiday. Every 100 km there are massively wide doors marked 'exit' and 'fire exits' (but you should not drive through unless in an emergency.) The mall is so long that segments of society, like neighbourhoods, become like parking lots to the sprawling behemoths. And shopping carts are specially rigged to the front- and backsides of cars; carts as large as dump trucks, loaded with various commodities and knick-knacks grabbed by backseat drivers; and special mall money trucks with cash register headlights to beam a driver's cost, horns that page wet clean-ups, and the money trucks has atm's in lieu of doors.

5. Moscow

Moscow
    Expand Collapse
    It's not just about football

Judging you
    Home Page:
    that sounds like hell on earth

6. Flu

Flu
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

milk man
    Home Page:
    'hell on earth' is one of the most popular shop 'n drive stores in the mall, mostly catering to today's suburban youth with fashions like punk, goth, and lolita. but also provides a good spread of clothing and jewels for older, 20-something clientele.

7. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    It's a small step (or short commute, in the vein of this thread) from the suggested setups, to a matrix-style existence where we all sit around with our heads wired directly into the net, and our experiences are generated by the array of PS3's which rule us.

Personally, if given the choice between being stuck in a pod wired to the web or driving around an endless fucking mall; then wire me up Scotty.

Fucking people can't walk around malls properly - can you fucking imagine them trying to drive around?

8. Moscow

Moscow
    Expand Collapse

Judging you
    Home Page:
    Oh god even my figures of speech have become corporate slogans. This is a dark day indeed.

9. Flu

Flu
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

milk man
    Home Page:
    GOOD-BRAND BLINDS
    "This is a dark day indeed!"

[​IMG]

10. Moscow

Moscow
    Expand Collapse

Judging you
    Home Page:
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

11. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    BTW Snorlax.

You spelled "Privatise" the seppo way.

Fucking sellout. I have come to expect more from you.

12. Edgeworth

Edgeworth
    Expand Collapse
    Systems Administrator

Web Developer/Systems Administrator
  13. Seku

Seku
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

bad bich
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

14. Flu

Flu
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

milk man
    Home Page:
    As a strong paternal figure, given to a chauvinistic bible ordained, pre-1960's mentality, my feelings on women is that a member of the fairer sex need not think nor exert her "mind" in any fashion, lest she get ugly. Clearly, this good looking girl is an exemplar specimen. I would make her my wife. Her mind is perfectly dull and so her face is pretty. She will never get crow's feet nor feel an urge to second-guess me in front of friends at a party. She is perfect.
    It is a shame how so-called "modern girls" reject the term 'girls' and must constantly feign intelligence. It's a shame how ugly "smart" girls are. Why, when a man-king offers them luxury - the luxury of freedom from thought and worry, must today's rabble rousing... ribs... put up a fight? Once when women bowed to man's authority they needed not make-up nor other things; but now must cake away those wretched contortions that plague their sagged faces as they grumble and squint, their mediocre minds trying so desperately to fathom word after word in fruitless pursuit of an idea; once they were just always pretty when they did not think.Oh how I long for this girl... who reminds me of mother.

15. Seku

Seku
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

bad bich
    Home Page:
    What.

16. Squall741

Squall741
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

You know what? Just privatize everything from schools to libraries. That will sure get the good ol' USA back in track folks!

17. Ahseyo

Ahseyo
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

DJ, Music Producer, Synth Programmer
  18. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Hahaha. You guys don't seem to understand the Flu was parodying anti-consumerist fear-mongers. He knows as well as anybody that what he proposed, even a scaled down version, is financially/logistically/operationally impossible. Even if the government funds it, with its ability to extort money out of people, it'd be impossible. And that assuming that the road network (or even a large stretch of road) would be owned by the same person/company which has no historical precedent.

For those of you who lack creative/logical thought, to no fault of your own of course, let me tell you what would happen. It would be exactly the same except there would be more advertisement billboards and more shops operating out of trailers. In urban areas there would be vendors in place of trailers. That's what I meant by mall/television. I wasn't expecting anybody to take it literally. I suppose I overestimate some people.

19. m450n_yuno

m450n_yuno
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Professional Basement Dweller
    I actually agree with the privatization of roads. The added billboards would especially work great for me since lots of research say that billboards can be distracting while driving. Imagine that! Those niggers and faggots constantly on their phones would get even more distracted and natural selection will weed out every single annoying drivers. OH, how I dream of the thousands of drunk drivers driving to the edge of a building trying to reach the boobs in the beer ads!

20. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    It'll be a golden age for wheelchair/crutch makers.

21. CONTCOM

CONTCOM
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Yo Snorlax, when did you sell out to the Tea Party?
    Grow up faggot.

22. CONTCOM

CONTCOM
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Great, so more trucks can come off the freeway and take out my gf's car.

23. m450n_yuno

m450n_yuno
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Professional Basement Dweller
    Stimulate the economy more! In America the two small business industry that didn't experience the recession were funeral homes and nigger hair cutters. So it's OK that their kids are stupid as monkeys just so long as they've got their "Hurr, did" It's actually pretty sad. A friend of mine's black and he says every hair cut his mother takes goes on for about 4hours at the least and costs about 300 bucks. Oh well, so long as they're happy and "free" they can just keep being in servile of their white masters.

24. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Hahaha. Fuck you. You're an American bitch, not me.

Yeah. Women. Am I right, fellas?

25. Seku

Seku
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

bad bich
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

26. Harpoons

Harpoons
    Expand Collapse
    Fissure of Man

[​IMG]
    So close.

27. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Snorlax says he is against statism, but he is incredibly neo-liberal which seems to be a contradiction in itself.

28. Rape Train

Rape Train
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Worst drug dealer ever
    I agree with the privitization of anything. We start with the roads, and we work our way up to the orphanages.
    I, personally, dream of a day when American children our branded with the Nike logo; the searing hot swoop pressed firmly against their squishy little foreheads, showing American superiority to the children that make Nike shoes. When every classroom in every school has an orphan or two, in order to remind their peers to Have it Their Way at the local Burger King. When any pedophile at a playground leaves with a child; all the while itching and frothing at the mouth to consume and buy Apple products.
    But that is still just a dream. So yes, we start with the roads.

29. beefrave

beefrave
    Expand Collapse
    Intergalactic Internets Services LLC

www.blogtalkradio.com/magarhour
    Home Page:

30. Sir Oswald Mosley

Sir Oswald Mosley
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

is this gonna be like when they said privatising the railways was a good idea