Presidential Election Predictions

Discussion in 'Hard Gay Chats' started by Boudica, Aug 4, 2015.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums

Encyclopedia Dramatica is being sued by a very wealthy serial litigator. This is not just another "gimme shekels for server" - the future of ED is at stake. We are asking for donations to fund our legal battle, all money raised goes entirely towards attorney fees. Please help with whatever you can, every donation is deeply appreciated.

Donate to the Encyclopedia Dramatica Legal FundJoin the Discussion Thread

1. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

Oh dear, not the twitterverse. Their words are twice as piercing as facebook comments.

• Like Like x 2
    • I Agree I Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • List
  2. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Bullshit Artist.
    Best thing about Trump's Presidency is dindus not burning down cities over a dead career criminal dindus.
    images.duckduckgo.com.

#9722 Call me Tim, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
    • I Agree I Agree x 1
    • oy vey oy vey x 1
    • Autism Autism x 1
    • List
  3. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Bullshit Artist.

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Autism Autism x 1
    • Fuck off retard Fuck off retard x 1
    • List
  4. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    Please do not say this in public, all of blue check mark Twitter will shame you

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

Oh dear, not the twitterverse. Their words are twice as piercing as facebook comments.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  6. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    That is not necessarily true, somehow i don't see the fact that Bernie running a political campaign talking about taxing the rich, while paying half the tax he is supposed to, would have gone down well

Plus nobody really did much digging into Bernie, because there was no reason to, because he never had a chance

#9726 Likeicare, May 3, 2017
  7. masuhararin

masuhararin
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Produce Clerk
    that's a good point, I remember, as excited as I was about Bernie, when I first heard of him, I never really saw him as a possibility - more like another Ron Paul.

8. fleacollerindustry

fleacollerindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Nononkin

Turd Polisher
    Home Page:
    I think one of the strangest parts of American politics is the Primary system. There is basically NOTHING in the Constitution that regulates them (beyond the rules regulating one's ability to vote), simply because technically it's just an in-house system of an organization trying to make a decision on something. It's about as official and legally binding as "Mountain Dew's Choose The Next Name" Contest. It's stupid and needs to be changed.

While I don't think the gov't needs to be regulating parties, there should be some other Constitutionally binding method for choosing presidential candidates. I like California's system of having EVERYONE run in a run-off election, and then having the two top winners run against each other in the final election showdown. This way, it skips the unregulated primary system, as well as give heavily Democrat or heavily Republican districts a chance to have two candidates be from the same party to give the voters a choice (otherwise, the Dems or GOP candidate, respectively, would ALWAYS win in those districts).

Perhaps what also could be done is include a first-second-third choice system, thus allowing third party candidates a chance to be in the spot light. It might be that they gain a TON of second-choice votes, and depending on how they're weighted, they might actually win the run-off election. Instead of as it is today, where no one wants to "waste" their vote on a third-party candidate. Well, if we give them two or three votes, they might be more willing to do so.

Therefore, I think the primary should be replaced with a runoff election, where EVERYONE runs at the same time. Then whoever is the top two candidates from the runoff—which might be from the same party, if the other party happens to be weak this cycle—will run in the final election, and Electoral votes can be split between only those two.

This way, we can get all the benefits of whittling down candidates that the primaries provide, but in an official setting which can be regulated by law AND allows for people's votes to count, instead of having their Party rig an election that they have every right to rig.

#9728 fleacollerindustry, May 3, 2017
  9. Chrono

Chrono
    Expand Collapse
    Dragon

Attention Whore
    So pretty much saying the Democrats is not really a democracy, huh? Interesting.

10. Maysam

Maysam
    Expand Collapse
    Pilot

8====>
    A democracy is a type of state, a nation, whatever. The democratic party is not a nation.

11. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

Facts don't carry a lot of weight. Trump could have pulled all kinds of shit on Bernie supporting communists, there's plenty of it. People care about that stuff for like a day, two at most, and nobody changes their minds over it.

Dems shut out half their party and their voters sat home on election day in response. If you don't believe that, watch the first half hour of the Democratic National Convention before they started kicking people out of the event. The boos were deafening.

12. Chrono

Chrono
    Expand Collapse
    Dragon

Attention Whore
    Not that definition of democracy I mean. I'm just referring to the ideology of rule of majority... whatever.
    I suck at making my statements clear to the point. Bite me.

• Fuck off retard Fuck off retard x 1
    • List
  13. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Remember the Democrats started a civil war that cost millions of lives just because they didnt want to release their african slaves

• Shots Fired Shots Fired x 1
    • List
  14. Chrono

Chrono
    Expand Collapse
    Dragon

Attention Whore
    "Dem' Republicunts be taking muh negros!!"
    Still, kind of funny there's some people who try to break democracy while claiming its still democracy. Whatever suits their convenience I guess.

I know the US isn't a complete democracy, so it's not really that big of a deal to hear this.

15. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

And their children's children's children's children's children's children's children's grandchildren would go on to become the leaders of the republican party.

• Like Like x 1
    • Shots Fired Shots Fired x 1
    • List
  16. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

Comey hearing going on now.

17. Fraud Based Economy

Fraud Based Economy
    Expand Collapse
    Disinherited Nigerian Prince

Are you idiots still bumping this shit? Newsflash: Election ended 6 months ago. Make a new thread you tards.

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Autism Autism x 1
    • List
  18. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

This thread will continue through 2020

• I Agree I Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Chrono