Pop-ups WTF??????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Complaint Department' started by GSTalbert1, Sep 15, 2012.

1. GSTalbert1

GSTalbert1
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Part Time Substitute Teacher Full time Teal Deer
    So I log on to my apt's wireless and no prob, popups aren't too bad to deal with. I log on to my home network and every time I click anywhere on the page, not even on a link but on empty space on the page, a pop up pops up. This issue is remedied by logging onto my account on the wiki but if a casual browser, which I assume the wiki wants, wants to look at the page the pop up overkill is guaranteed to chase them away.

2. Ror

Ror
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

KOREAN EAT DOG
    I'm suprised you managed to get your hands on a web browser that doesn't block pop-ups in 2012.
    Unless you live in Seattle, in which you have government mandated IE6 use.
    Or you're some kind of homeless dude that only acceses ED on a public library WindowsXP workstation.

But seriously, I'm morbidly interested in what the hell kind of modern browser allows popups still.

3. GSTalbert1

GSTalbert1
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

That's the odd part, it's firefox and the popups are blocked. When I'm at the lib at school and I use a mac and some windows op I get the insane popups unless I log in. That's the odd part the other issue is that if I get on certain computers the popups and an issue and are no more frequent than any other site. I just thought it was odd.

4. Ror

Ror
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

KOREAN EAT DOG
    When you're on a Mac are you using Safari? Make sure this shit is checked:
    [​IMG]
    Mouth breathing retards usually fuck with that on accident all the time. Possibly because they use Safari and not Chrome master race, but I digress.

With Firefox on what I'm assuming is Windows? Try updating that shit manually, or just install ADblock+ if you haven't. That should kill popups on it.

5. GSTalbert1

GSTalbert1
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I just got to the University's comps and checked the issue and it's still there. It's really weird, I can't figure it out. Both safari and firefox have popups blocked but still they come in insane waves. The issue is fixed when I log in so it's not too bad but I can't figure out what's causing this. It has to do with the system comps, the ones in the library don't have this issue but the ones in the union comp lab do. *shrugs*
    I really don't think it can be an issue with the site because this is just bizarre.

6. Ror

Ror
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

KOREAN EAT DOG
    Well that's fucking screwy. Honestly, the last time I ever saw a popup was because I was using an outdated version of Chrome on someones piece of shit windows PC.

I suggest you just try using Chrome. IMO it's better than Firefox, unless you're one of those aspies that has a metric fuck-ton of addons you absolutely cannot live without.

7. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse
    2017 Faggot Of The Year

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    OMG WHAT'S A POPUP HOLY SHIT UR COMPUTER IS TOTALLY GONNA BLOW UP NOW!!!11!11

8. GSTalbert1

GSTalbert1
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

OH JESUS, DADDY, AND THE SPOOK SOMEBODY SAVE MY BABY!