Politician Often Credited with Delivering ’92 Election to Clinton Dies at Age 89 — After Cancer Batt

Discussion in 'News' started by Irrsinnigkeit, Jul 10, 2019.

A very friendly community
  1. Irrsinnigkeit

Irrsinnigkeit
    Expand Collapse
    Newfriend

[​IMG]

https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando...ho-took-on-clinton-and-bush-in-1992--has-died

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • List
  2. fleacollerindustry

fleacollerindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Nononkin

Checking the temperature of the Han River
    Home Page:
    "Can I finish?"

I guess he finally did.

• Feels Feels x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Quality Shoop Quality Shoop x 1
    • List
  3. Cassius Longinus

Cassius Longinus
    Expand Collapse
    Clamato Destroyer

Punished Likeicare
    How is this news? I sincerely hope you kill yourself.

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Shots Fired Shots Fired x 1
    • List
  4. Janüs

Janüs
    Expand Collapse
    igloo dwelling snowback

Home Page:
    Don't know who the fuck this is and I see no reason to care about him

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • wut wut x 1
    • List
  5. Irrsinnigkeit

Irrsinnigkeit
    Expand Collapse
    Newfriend

lol a Canuck's opinion's on an American founded website do not matter.

Perot was a big event for Gen X then. He was gonna stop all the manufacturing jobs from going overseas.

"He was famous for uniting “both socially conservative, blue-collar, anti-NAFTA voters with fiscally conservative but socially moderate voters,” who wanted a change from the status quo, didn’t trust established political parties and who wanted to reduce the outsize power that lobbyists and special interest groups exert over policy decisions. And significantly, Perot was one of the first candidates in the modern era to attempt to bring his political message directly to the American public using the growing media landscape."https://time.com/5622818/ross-perot-dead-legacy/

"Cantankerous, suspicious and with a predilection for conspiracy theories, Mr. Perot gave voice to voters’ frustrations about wars, inflation and partisan politics. He offered himself as an ultrapatriotic “Mr. Fix It” who would “take out the trash and clean out the barn.”"https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.09fedee88ac2

commeter-

"Nice guy, and I think he would have made a good president. The first time I ever voted in any election was for Ross Perot in 1992. I was watching him being interviewed, when the interviewer asked him about the genocide in Bosnia.

His response was "I don't know the first thing about it". I made up my mind to vote for him right then. Of course, it's a good idea for a presidential candidate to be up on world affairs as much as possible, but the president has a staff who can supply whatever insight or information he needs.

I voted for him because I admired his honesty.

Another thing he didn't know about was politics. However, when asked to comment on the fighting between Democrats and Republicans he said "I don't know much about politics, but I know you can't punch a man in the face on Friday afternoon and expect to be able to work with him on Monday morning."

Rest in peace."
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5797f2782634

• Like Like x 1
    • I Agree I Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Irrsinnigkeit

Irrsinnigkeit
    Expand Collapse
    Newfriend

"Not surprisingly, young adults gave the strongest support to Ross Perot in 1992 and to Jesse Ventura in 1998."https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1999/08/a-politics-for-generation-x/306666/

"In part this is owing to the large number of Xer votes cast in 1992 for Ross Perot, the candidate who staked much of his campaign on balancing the federal books. Though Perot lost, his pet issue gained momentum as candidates from both parties scrambled to win over Reform Party voters, and the young ones in particular. Recognizing that Generation X makes up a large and particularly unpredictable voting bloc, candidates from across the spectrum have gone out of their way to woo the youth vote, usually by paying lip service to some of young people's more obvious concerns, including, most recently, Social Security reform. Over time, however, Xer support for issues such as balancing the budget and saving Social Security will turn out to be only part of a much broader agenda, one that could come to challenge the status quo on everything from taxes to social policy to political reform."

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Cassius Longinus

Cassius Longinus
    Expand Collapse
    Clamato Destroyer

Punished Likeicare
    Shut up faggot

8. Barrabas

Barrabas
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Microwave
    aussie.

Nice to have you back m8

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Quality Shoop Quality Shoop x 1
    • List
  9. Cassius Longinus

Cassius Longinus
    Expand Collapse
    Clamato Destroyer

Punished Likeicare
    C
    Cheers, had to come back to tell these faggots to shut up.