Pics on AE

Discussion in 'Complaint Department' started by GSTalbert1, Sep 13, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. GSTalbert1

GSTalbert1
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Part Time Substitute Teacher Full time Teal Deer
    WTF.

I'm still practicing with the sandbox and trying to learn more of how to work the codes​
    and templates and from there I'll just focus on catching any spelling and grammar mistakes until I get more familiar with the general writing style.

A problem I noticed on the opening strategy guide, that I also see reoccurring​
    throughout the site, are all the missing pictures and I'm wondering what's up with that? In my general browsing I'm keeping a record of where I see them and what they are listed as and I was thinking of posting them in a sort of "fixer uper" thread in which we all post what we see missing and where and this data is compiled and organized in the OP. When a missing pic is fixed we don't remove it from the list but draw a line through it both to monitor progress and to provide a context of overall progress so as to prevent burnout.

Sidenote: why is my prntscrn img of what I'm talking about not loading?

2. Ror

Ror
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

KOREAN EAT DOG
    I'm assuming your ass wasn't around these parts pre De-DeGrippoification, so, as a refresher course in history:
    Life, Death and Rebirth (The "Last Thursday" of ED)

Don't do that shit, its been done years ago.
    See: Special:WantedFiles
    and: Speical:UnusedFiles

Another thing you can do is try to look for the OG actually fucking readable resolution images for these thumbnails.
    See: Template:FullImageWanted

It is for me, but use a fucking imagehost like Imgur or Anonmgur forum uploading is so 2011.

3. GSTalbert1

GSTalbert1
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I actually was doing my 15-30 min of wiki practice and clean up a day or two ago and found a person with those links on their talk page (I found 2 readable res replacements not much but a start).

Thank you very very much Ror for taking the time to help me out.

I was hoping to spend more time wiking last year but My IRL is swamped and I'm trying to ween myself off of the forums and focus on the wiki but hopefully I will become productive and not just talk about becoming so.

4. Ror

Ror
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

KOREAN EAT DOG
    Lulz quote failage. Dem tagz.
    Buy? What is this "buy" you speak of. Shit on the internet is always free, its online.
    If you want old shit, look around here
    http://wayback.archive.org/web/20080501000000*/http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com

And if you didn't know about the internet archive, now you do.
    Hell, we had a giant "encyclopediadramatica.zip" file after the blackout that we all used to haul shit back up on the new server all over again.

I cannot tell you how fucking shitastic it was to rebuild all that shit off of images I saved and cached files only to have Ryan's worthless ass almost lose it all for us again.
    FUN TIMES IN ED HISTORY

OHI? Never paid attention to it after we replaced it in webrank. Of course that all went to hell when some dumbass forgot to re-register the domain back at our .ch address so now we had to gain it all over again, guh.

I think we used to scour it for files to salvage only to find the dumb bitch deleted anything mildly offensive thus making most of the images that remained just stuff reposted from KYM or "LOL FUNNAY MEME IMAGES 4 AD REVENUE" site.

5. GSTalbert1

GSTalbert1
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Yeah my internet is hell at my apt, it took me 15 minutes to edit in one fucking ], it's "free" wireless for a reason.

Yeah it was Tuxlie who introduced me to the proper links, much <3. ED possesses a satirical "pov" which is really a pov that feeds off of the flaws of other POVs and as a result conveys the emotional experience of the Internets. It provides a poetic history in contrast to a Plutarchian model, I feel it's sort of the illiad of the web. For that reason I'd rank AE most accurate source on the web on the internets. Seriously I've shown this site to a few of my anthropologist friends and they were engrossed by it. Not to mention the coverage of international phenomenon, the article on "messing with Sasquatch" is better than anything I've read in the NYT, USA today etc. in terms of accurately informing me. That and it made me piss my pants laughing. I've downloaded the site onto a thumb drive and will be updating it regularly.

Lol I guess you DO know shitastic it was and then some. I keep forgetting I'm not talking to my IRL friends who have no idea why I'm pissed off over some joke wiki disappearing. I seriously was thinking I'd never see my beloved wiki again. The first article I ever read on this site was from googling "trolls"
    She shall forever remain in Internets hell, let her be anathema unto the webs.

6. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse
    2017 Faggot Of The Year

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    OP why are you freaking out over stupid shit? This is something that we all already know and are dealing with. Just move the image markup to the discussion tab so that if the images are re-added in the future it will be obvious to whoever visits the talk page.

7. GSTalbert1

GSTalbert1
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I found the list of missing images a day or two after this post. I'm not freaking out, but I'm sorry if it seems so. I'll make sure to be far more conservative with these posts and I'll ensure I read the site fully and actually contribute (and by contribute I mean add content that does not get deleted) before presenting half-baked and half assed Ideas on "improving the site" in the future. I apologize and I did not mean to give any insult.